***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Tennessee***

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator;n68048 said:
I hope we do well, but I just don't have a good feeling about this one.

I have a bad feeling also.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67987 said:
Go Gators...

Muschamp will probably order Roper to try and wear the Tennessee defense down with a lot of running the ball but I am not sure if that tactic will work or not. Maybe we will get lucky and hit one of those deep passes early. I kind of feel bad for the players knowing they are essentially playing for their coach's job.

The players are in a bad position in several ways.

less than 3 hours to kick off

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Think forecast is breezy. Up to 20MPH. Could effect passing game a bit

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n68078 said:
Think forecast is breezy. Up to 20MPH. Could effect passing game a bit

Maybe it will keep Driskel from overthrowing on those deep passes - against the wind anyway.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Just read on Twitter the Gator plane didn't have a staircase and team had to sit on the tarmac in Knox for an hour. Forgot the staircase?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Shame that the Miss St./TA&M is the same time as ours. Interesting matchup. State's D-Line has the talent to throttle Sumlin's offense if they play it right.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n67956 said:
I think we already know where this team is going

Not really... :fingertap:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we win inspite of Muschamp and his Caveman Mentality.

The wild card continues to be JD in my mind. As long as he plays inconsistently we can win or lose every game.

Go Gators!

Going to mow the grass now and try and calm my stomach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The reality is that this Tinerc team sucks. It is the kind of team we should beat even with Mushcramp negating the talent on the field. The type of game we should win even with Driskel Driskelin.

Yet we've lost so many of those.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There has to be improvement. We had the spring ball, summer players only, fall practice and now a few games. No more bullsh*t excuses about "fixing it" "correct that" etc. We stomped the cupcake as we should have, barely beat KY at home which shouldn't have been so close, then got slapped around on both sides of the ball by bama. This is TN, even if they have improved like KY, we should be able to handle them with ease. If we struggle because the coaching staff did not prepare the team better after a bye week, then the guy who has been saying for 3+ years "that's on me" needs to be sent packing.

We need this win bad! Go Gators. And may the football gods bless our qb with proper touch, the vision to read a blitz and make a proper call, the ability to decide correctly on the option and some leadership, amen.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Usually not a big fan of the tricked up Unis. But the helmets TA&M are wearing today are pretty sweet.
Might blind you if the sun catches them right.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
HogtownGator;n68169 said:
First meeting of Gators and Vols since 1955 when neither team has been ranked.
News and Events of 1955

Nikolai A. Bulganin becomes Soviet premier, replacing Malenkov (Feb. 8). Churchill resigns; Anthony Eden succeeds him (April 6). West Germany becomes a sovereign state (May 5). Western European Union (WEU) comes into being (May 6). Warsaw Pact, east European mutual defense agreement, signed (May 14). Argentina ousts Perón (Sept. 19). President Eisenhower suffers coronary thrombosis in Denver (Sept. 24). Rosa Parks refuses to sit at the back of the bus. Martin Luther King, Jr., leads black boycott of Montgomery, Ala., bus system (Dec. 1); desegregated service begins Dec. 21, 1956. AFL and CIO become one organization—AFL-CIO (Dec. 5). Tennessee Williams's Cat on a Hot Tin Roof wins Pulitzer.

Read more: 1950 – 1959 World History | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A00052...#ixzz3FBt4jgt3

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ZERO excuses today with us having 2 weeks to prepare for this game!! Our guys should be sky high and ready to play and SHOULD be sharp. I just hope we have shored up our defense and our offense is clicking and our play calling is good and keeping Tenn off balance. We should win but....we just never know what we are gonna get with this team. Go Gators!! Hoping for the best here....

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Tebow on Driskel: "It's more than just having potential. you have to have competitive excellence. He really needs to step it up."

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beat 'em Beat 'em
Buck 'em Buck 'em
Lay 'em out and really
Fight!

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Got a chuckle from this, pessimist or realist that I am, depending on your view.- someone on another forum wrote- "Our quick strike offense will take the crowd out of the game.I imagine that's what we have planned. " :lol:

smh although I suppose it cannot entirely be ruled out.in some warp of the universe It is a pleasant thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator