***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs. Wildcats***

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ky will be riding high and will have all kinds of confidence after beating SC and after watching our game. We better practice real good this week and come ready to play......I never thought I would have to say that against Ky....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Dont forget, they believe they won last year and they want revenge pretty bad. Along with "the streak"..

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last time they beat us was 1986.

Top Gun was a top movie that year. The Cosby Show, Family Ties, and Cheers were the top 3 shows on TV (and ALF and Pee-Wee's playhouse premiered). Rock Me Amadeus by Falco was the #1 single. The space shuttle Challenger blew up. Chernobyl has a little bit of problem. I remember seeing Halley's comet. Smoking on public transportation was banned. Iran-Contra.

**** Kentucky and their lucky win over a really bad Spurrier squad.

Damn this is awful music:
[video=youtube;cVikZ8Oe_XA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA[/video]

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We're better than what we showed on Saturday. I'm expecting a comfortable win, but not a blowout. Not gonna lie, though, I'd love to blow Stoops out :lol:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky week, brings back memories of the 1985 game when this B-25 buzzed the stadium. Was sitting in the east stands about half way up when it came in over the south end zone, couldn't have been more than 400 feet off the ground. This was before the north end zone was built up, he was definitely lower than the light standards.

Here's the news story
https://www.apnewsarchive.com/1985/...ithsonian/id-587f5ef453ab1c1f7ef390ad7ec9043c

Attachments

• conv_4472.jpg
    conv_4472.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 43
C

Clayton Aldridge

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the team will come out and play well enough to win the game. Apparently coach Mac said today that he plans to play two QB's against Kentucky. That could come back to hurt us, and make the game look ugly, like it did this week. I think it hurts the team to have rotating QB's.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops is a cocky bastard, too. He really thinks he's the second coming of Lombardi.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Clayton Aldridge;n278774 said:
I think the team will come out and play well enough to win the game. Apparently coach Mac said today that he plans to play two QB's against Kentucky. That could come back to hurt us, and make the game look ugly, like it did this week. I think it hurts the team to have rotating QB's.

I think it hurts the team much more to have an anointed QB, perhaps not in one game but for the future.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think our defense will create some turnovers that will help us win a close game.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we're shuffling qb's i don't like our chances. Ecu throwing the ball 50 times gave our secondary a good test . After a sloppy game i expect a good week of practice.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They'll be pumped after beating SC. The key to the game will be if our defense gets pushed around early like the last couple of weeks. If the D comes out and clamps down from the start and doesn't allow any momentum, we'll have no problem. If the D is soft early in the game and they get some momentum it will get dicey.

The offense will play much better than last week. Mac will eliminate the stupid penalties and we'll play similar to the first game with better routes and plays. In the end, KY is KY and we leave with the win, by 10 points.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched some more of that KY-SC game. Not sure what the heck KY is running there on a lot of their plays. They appear to be lining up 2 FBs to the side of the QB and the primary RB behind the QB. I guess some old school type running plays. They ran it a lot also. It worked decent against SC but I think our defense should be able to stop them from running much out of it anyways. On defense they didnt get a lot of pressure without blitzing but they were blitzing a lot.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think our team realizes they may be walking home if they lose so I expect them to be at the top of their game. Ky will lose to us because that's what Ky does. They know it, we know it, everybody knows it.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
SC's defense is horrible, and their offense isn't much better. Don't what Spurrier was thinking when he hired Hoke.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KY fans are getting delusional. Reading some of their posts many are convinced the East will come down to them or Georgia that they are better then the rest of the East.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;278917 said:
KY fans are getting delusional. Reading some of their posts many are convinced the East will come down to them or Georgia that they are better then the rest of the East.
I think they forgot about Missouri and Tennessee, not to mention us. I think they also forgot that they went down to the wire with a pretty mediocre team in week 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.