***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs. Wildcats***

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The best team doesn't always win, so there's that.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n278749 said:
Last time they beat us was 1986.

Top Gun was a top movie that year. The Cosby Show, Family Ties, and Cheers were the top 3 shows on TV (and ALF and Pee-Wee's playhouse premiered). Rock Me Amadeus by Falco was the #1 single. The space shuttle Challenger blew up. Chernobyl has a little bit of problem. I remember seeing Halley's comet. Smoking on public transportation was banned. Iran-Contra.

**** Kentucky and their lucky win over a really bad Spurrier squad.
you mean Galen Hall?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n279169 said:
Originally posted by bradgator2 View Post
Last time they beat us was 1986.

Top Gun was a top movie that year. The Cosby Show, Family Ties, and Cheers were the top 3 shows on TV (and ALF and Pee-Wee's playhouse premiered). Rock Me Amadeus by Falco was the #1 single. The space shuttle Challenger blew up. Chernobyl has a little bit of problem. I remember seeing Halley's comet. Smoking on public transportation was banned. Iran-Contra.

**** Kentucky and their lucky win over a really bad Spurrier squad.

you mean Galen Hall?

Wut?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n279175 said:
Duh, you meant the SC victory... NM....

Oh... I'm picking up what you are putting down. But I was referring to Kentucky beating USC last weekend.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n279060]

You're joking, right? I was at that game. We wiped up the mat with them. Even Brantley was slinging the ball around. [/QUOTE]

It was shortly after the Ole Miss game and Kentucky had played us tough in 2007. People weren't 100% sold on the 2008 team until after the UGA game. I made a bet with a kid in my dorm after the LSU game that year that we wouldn't lose another game, cashed in a couple months later.

But yeah, people freak out about UK every single year like clockwork. And every year I say that, someone doesn't believe me. I'll have to bookmark this thread for next year.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n279180 said:
It was shortly after the Ole Miss game and Kentucky had played us tough in 2007. People weren't 100% sold on the 2008 team until after the UGA game. I made a bet with a kid in my dorm after the LSU game that year that we wouldn't lose another game, cashed in a couple months later.

But yeah, people freak out about UK every single year like clockwork. And every year I say that, someone doesn't believe me. I'll have to bookmark this thread for next year.

For all intensive purposes, you'll have to admit you were waivering just a little bit after last year's game..:lol2:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n279190 said:
For all intensive purposes, you'll have to admit you were waivering just a little bit after last year's game..:lol2:
:suspect:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n278963 said:
This is the script. Offense: Treon starts because of a couple of reasons. SEC road game, KY is feeling cocky after beating SC and Mac doesn't want to start the game with WillyG forcing a pass that turns momentum. We get the lead then Grier gets his shot. first game out of the swamp, SEC opponent, after some lame throws last week that cost him being the starter this will be his chance to prove he should be named the starter, Move the team, score, no turnovers and he'll start against TN. Defense: They need to come out strong, no bend don't break mentality. Don't allow KY any momentum, an early take away would be sweet. Do like they have the first two games and shut the running game down, make them one dimensional and with VHIII back the streak continues.

what in the world makes you think that we will get a lead with treon starting? :dunno:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n279190 said:

I'll admit I was a bit buyest.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Durty South Swamp;n279249 said:
what in the world makes you think that we will get a lead with treon starting? :dunno:

we won't.

good play by play analysis i posted in another thread notes he's missing or ignoring wide open first reads all over the place, and then getting caught in a collapsing pocket because he's not getting rid of the ball. that's why our offense gets so herky-jerky when he's in there.

grier tends toward overconfidence. harris is cautious to fault.

if some guy writing for Gator Country is seeing this, the staff are as well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n278962 said:
All the more reason to start Grier. He'll spot the mismatch or the hot read more quickly than Treon, who would likely double clutch or pull it down and run. ECU blitzed Treon relentlessly because they knew they would have time to get to him. They sat on their heels and tried to react to Grier. Kaintuck saw the tape and they'll be praying for Harris to be the starter.

Dear lord, I hope we don't get another QB carousel. If a guy gets subbed, then let it be because he's not cutting it, not because it's time to let the other guy play. Sheesh. This is SEC ball now, and we need this one badly.

Or will try to squeeze it in there while under pressure. I guess we will see Saturday if he really might have issues with that or not. Watching the replay it looks like he might be prone to trying to make a play he shouldn't.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Where's that manic fur ball...
707670d1362203632-just-beachy-new-color-anthony-2.jpg

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gator Fever;n279400 said:
Or will try to squeeze it in there while under pressure. I guess we will see Saturday if he really might have issues with that or not. Watching the replay it looks like he might be prone to trying to make a play he shouldn't.

and Harris looks prone to not trying to make plays that he should.

pick your poison.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How's this for a stat…

@g8or1965: @g8or1965 Kentucky giving up 440 yards per game rushing LoL 🐊🐊🐊🐊

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n279503 said:
How's this for a stat…

@g8or1965: @g8or1965 Kentucky giving up 440 yards per game rushing LoL 🐊🐊🐊🐊

It would be great if it were true. They've given up 454 total rushing yards through 2 games, which is 227 yards per game, which is still a lot.
440 (actually 439) is what they are giving up for total yardage per game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just post the tweets. I'm not responsible for their veracity. That's my disclaimer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.