***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs. Wildcats***

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n278918 said:
I think they forgot about Missouri and Tennessee, not to mention us. I think they also forgot that they went down to the wire with a pretty mediocre team in week 1.

Yep its pretty funny what some of them believe now.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gator Fever;n278893 said:
Just watched some more of that KY-SC game. Not sure what the heck KY is running there on a lot of their plays. They appear to be lining up 2 FBs to the side of the QB and the primary RB behind the QB. I guess some old school type running plays. They ran it a lot also. It worked decent against SC but I think our defense should be able to stop them from running much out of it anyways. On defense they didnt get a lot of pressure without blitzing but they were blitzing a lot.

All the more reason to start Grier. He'll spot the mismatch or the hot read more quickly than Treon, who would likely double clutch or pull it down and run. ECU blitzed Treon relentlessly because they knew they would have time to get to him. They sat on their heels and tried to react to Grier. Kaintuck saw the tape and they'll be praying for Harris to be the starter.

Dear lord, I hope we don't get another QB carousel. If a guy gets subbed, then let it be because he's not cutting it, not because it's time to let the other guy play. Sheesh. This is SEC ball now, and we need this one badly.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is the script. Offense: Treon starts because of a couple of reasons. SEC road game, KY is feeling cocky after beating SC and Mac doesn't want to start the game with WillyG forcing a pass that turns momentum. We get the lead then Grier gets his shot. first game out of the swamp, SEC opponent, after some lame throws last week that cost him being the starter this will be his chance to prove he should be named the starter, Move the team, score, no turnovers and he'll start against TN. Defense: They need to come out strong, no bend don't break mentality. Don't allow KY any momentum, an early take away would be sweet. Do like they have the first two games and shut the running game down, make them one dimensional and with VHIII back the streak continues.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n278768 said:
Kentucky week, brings back memories of the 1985 game when this B-25 buzzed the stadium. Was sitting in the east stands about half way up when it came in over the south end zone, couldn't have been more than 400 feet off the ground. This was before the north end zone was built up, he was definitely lower than the light standards.

Here's the news story
https://www.apnewsarchive.com/1985/...ithsonian/id-587f5ef453ab1c1f7ef390ad7ec9043c
I was there in the south endzone that day, will never forget that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n278963 said:
This is the script. Offense: Treon starts because of a couple of reasons. SEC road game, KY is feeling cocky after beating SC and Mac doesn't want to start the game with WillyG forcing a pass that turns momentum. We get the lead then Grier gets his shot. first game out of the swamp, SEC opponent, after some lame throws last week that cost him being the starter this will be his chance to prove he should be named the starter, Move the team, score, no turnovers and he'll start against TN. Defense: They need to come out strong, no bend don't break mentality. Don't allow KY any momentum, an early take away would be sweet. Do like they have the first two games and shut the running game down, make them one dimensional and with VHIII back the streak continues.
Yep, see your point there. I think KY comes out over amped and I expect UF to force some turnovers and take control. Stuff the run game and make Towles have to throw.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Going to be a fun game and the Gators will pull out the win.

:chomp:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What planet am I on? We're nervous nellies over Kentucky. :panic:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do see a confident Kentucky team coming into this game, perhaps over confident. They will, however, be a decent team.
If the team that played ECU comes out, we will lose. I don't expect to see that team. I expect to see a pissed off team (particularly the defense).At the end of the day, I think one of the running backs is going to have a breakout game, and we'll be talking about how Grier got his groove back.
I think UK will attack our weaknesses on defense and move the ball a reasonable amount, however I think our def will win more than they lose on Saturday.

This team has everything against them right now. It's time for them to put up or shut up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree, URG. I think Stoops will have them sky high for the opportunity to end the streak at home. We need to bring our A game and cut out the costly mistakes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n279016]What planet am I on? We're nervous nellies over Kentucky. :panic: [/QUOTE]
I think the nerves are more of a reflection of not having a clue what we will put on the field, as opposed to Kentucky. That said, Kentucky won't exactly be a doormat in this game either.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n279016]What planet am I on? We're nervous nellies over Kentucky. :panic: [/QUOTE]

People were nervous over Kentucky in 2008.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n279023]Disagree, URG. I think Stoops will have them sky high for the opportunity to end the streak at home. We need to bring our A game and cut out the costly mistakes.[/QUOTE]

I did say they'd be confident right? ;)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n279029 said:
People were nervous over Kentucky in 2008.

You're joking, right? I was at that game. We wiped up the mat with them. Even Brantley was slinging the ball around.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gator Fever;n278893 said:
On defense they didnt get a lot of pressure without blitzing but they were blitzing a lot.

In the first two weeks, I believe there were instances of our QB being pressured by a 3 (or less) man pass rush at times. We have GOT to block well enough for the RBs to have holes and the QBs to make passes. I'll agree with others that WG will get the bulk of the snaps in an effort to make quick passes and back the defense off of our OL. Maybe more passing to the RBs as well. Though, I expect to see plenty of KT at RB simply based on the need to block until we establish a lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator