***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Orange vs Blue***

Which QB will have the better spring game?

• Feleipe Franks

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Kyle Trask

Votes: 83 75.5%

• Total voters

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Well, I see much more energy and less mistakes and it looks like we have several horses. I am not sure who starts at QB but right now but Trask looks more polished than Franks. I wish Jones were closer to being ready because it appears he will be a game changer. Our defense looks better against the run and they are getting some pressure. I enjoyed seeing some of our old guys come back and really enjoy themselves out there. I think it boosts the moral. Seems like everyone has bought in and are playing with more energy. We are passing the ball more than I thought we would. Its still early but I am optimistic.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All right here’s the deal with this game – it was meant as a confidence booster for Franks.

To me he looked exactly the same. A couple of the scores were of course trick plays to former players who ran on the field at the last minute. One of Franks’ TDs was a long run where the defense wouldn’t tackle him because it’s obviously the orange and blue game.

And that’s OK.

But we have some serious problems with our signal callers.

The best looking QB is Trask by far. Emory Jones has a better arm, better release, and better legs than anybody else on the team. But he needs a year or two to sit.

Unless Franks takes a massive leap over the summer (which I doubt) I think Trask is the guy who opens the season. Trask’s major roadblock is going to be his leadership. He’s not nearly as animated as Franks and I’ve noticed if you don’t have a QB that will jump in someone’s ass when they eff up, or hype the team up on offense, they don’t tend to be ultra successful.

Jake Allen is dreadful.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They have confidence in Franks running. He was probably the leading rusher, with two TDs rushing. Trash didnt run at all.

If you think ot is even a compeition, you are deluding yourself.

After the game, who did they interview? Franks of course.

Bye Felisha.

He may be a caretaker until Jones is ready though, of course.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All right here’s the deal with this game – it was meant as a confidence booster for Franks.

To me he looked exactly the same. A couple of the scores were of course trick plays to former players who ran on the field at the last minute. One of Franks’ TDs was a long run where the defense wouldn’t tackle him because it’s obviously the orange and blue game.

And that’s OK.

But we have some serious problems with our signal callers.

The best looking QB is Trask by far. Emory Jones has a better arm, better release, and better legs than anybody else on the team. But he needs a year or two to sit.

Unless Franks takes a massive leap over the summer (which I doubt) I think Trask is the guy who opens the season. Trask’s major roadblock is going to be his leadership. He’s not nearly as animated as Franks and I’ve noticed if you don’t have a QB that will jump in someone’s ass when they eff up, or hype the team up on offense, they don’t tend to be ultra successful.

Jake Allen is dreadful.

Yeah, I feel kind of bad for Allen. He was a longshot before the coaching change. It's even longer in this offense.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They have confidence in Franks running. He was probably the leading rusher, with two TDs rushing. Trash didnt run at all.

Bye Felisha.

Well that would just not be good news. Because he was garbage.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Bye Felisha.

He may be a caretaker until Jones is ready though, of course.
Yeah, Trask didn't run. Mullens talks about a"willing runner". I gotta wonder if Trask is willing to run.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

That wasn't the A team covering the game nor was it the A team they were after. Feleipe's yesterday's news.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I went to the game today. It was fun for the first time in awhile. Franks is clearly the better option at QB. He covers a lot of ground on his keepers on the option. He looks like a better leader too. The team was excited when he had his long run. And on his td keeper he had a really athletic dunk on the goal posts. It was impressive by itself. He has got to be better at making a decision when Mullen calls passing plays. I was surprised at how much they spread it out when Franks was qb. It was 5 Wide probably 75% of the snaps. The formations were more compact with Trask. Trask looks better at just pulling the trigger. He also looked slightly better at scanning the field. Franks had a couple gpod throw aways too. That was nice to see. Franks decision making is the only thing that concerns me. His athletic ability is very impressive though. The kid can run.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
First play: Stretch play handoff, RB plows ahead for 1.5 yards. Book it.

Ok. Second play.

Just watch it on DVR. Announcers were funny - inventing words. I was happy to see the atmosphere and the whole thing seemed a solid pitch for the recruits and fans on hand. TDs to Lawrence Wright & Travis McGriff were fun. Glad Franks dissed Doug Johnson.

Didn’t see anything surprising. Franks looked pedestrian. Trask looked like a fairly inaccurate pocket passer. Scarlett looked as I remember him. Perine ran hard. Clement is as advertised. If we don’t get Jefferson and/or Grimes eligible the WR corps looks average. If we do get them - that will be a real strength.

I’m not breaking down tape and will scan to read your takes. I suspect that whatever your expectations you are not surprised.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I was over Clement and all his hand gestures.... Just old and cranky I guess

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Ok. Second play.

Just watch it on DVR. Announcers were funny - inventing words. I was happy to see the atmosphere and the whole thing seemed a solid pitch for the recruits and fans on hand. TDs to Lawrence Wright & Travis McGriff were fun. Glad Franks dissed Doug Johnson.

Didn’t see anything surprising. Franks looked pedestrian. Trask looked like a fairly inaccurate pocket passer. Scarlett looked as I remember him. Perine ran hard. Clement is as advertised. If we don’t get Jefferson and/or Grimes eligible the WR corps looks average. If we do get them - that will be a real strength.

I’m not breaking down tape and will scan to read your takes. I suspect that whatever your expectations you are not surprised.
Jefferson is so smooth and deceptively fast. Grimes looks like an nfl WR right now. He's like 6'5" 220 and he definitely looks it. He will be an asset blocking on the runs off the edge.
I was impressed with Clement's ability to make shifty moves. He will need to make a cut up field and have to dance a little less. But he's got moves kind of like Toney does. Scarlett had the best run of the day in my opinion other than Franks long run. I think Scarlett runs with a chip on his shoulder. I would bet he gets the majority of snaps this year. I was hoping Pierce would be the third option at RB. But i think it will be Scarlett 1, Perine 2, Lemons/Clement and or Davis 3rd if he gets back. I still think Pierce should get some chances. But who do you take touches away from?
Toney is gonna make some big plays happen on that drag route. They spread it out and run that Percy drag route with Toney. He will break some big ones on that play .The seam route straight down the middle with literally any WR/TE/RB is gonna be open a few times a game. Its an easy throw and it gets open.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask was told not to run by design. Can't give away the entire offense...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Jefferson is so smooth and deceptively fast. Grimes looks like an nfl WR right now. He's like 6'5" 220 and he definitely looks it. He will be an asset blocking on the runs off the edge.
I was impressed with Clement's ability to make shifty moves. He will need to make a cut up field and have to dance a little less. But he's got moves kind of like Toney does. Scarlett had the best run of the day in my opinion other than Franks long run. I think Scarlett runs with a chip on his shoulder. I would bet he gets the majority of snaps this year. I was hoping Pierce would be the third option at RB. But i think it will be Scarlett 1, Perine 2, Lemons/Clement and or Davis 3rd if he gets back. I still think Pierce should get some chances. But who do you take touches away from?
Toney is gonna make some big plays happen on that drag route. They spread it out and run that Percy drag route with Toney. He will break some big ones on that play .The seam route straight down the middle with literally any WR/TE/RB is gonna be open a few times a game. Its an easy throw and it gets open.
I liked Jones run too. Nothing too special but it showed his speed. He easy cleared the edge and busted the angle of the pursuing LB. it was impressive and showcased why he has a chance to make this offense shine.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It looked like fun for the players and the fans, I do wonder if the defense was somewhat rigged to make offense look better. Still a massive improvement from the past few years.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nice energy and enthusiasm, but we are royally ****ed in the ass at QB. No other way to describe it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I went to the game today. It was fun for the first time in awhile. Franks is clearly the better option at QB. He covers a lot of ground on his keepers on the option. He looks like a better leader too. The team was excited when he had his long run. And on his td keeper he had a really athletic dunk on the goal posts. It was impressive by itself. He has got to be better at making a decision when Mullen calls passing plays. I was surprised at how much they spread it out when Franks was qb. It was 5 Wide probably 75% of the snaps. The formations were more compact with Trask. Trask looks better at just pulling the trigger. He also looked slightly better at scanning the field. Franks had a couple gpod throw aways too. That was nice to see. Franks decision making is the only thing that concerns me. His athletic ability is very impressive though. The kid can run.

I think because you were watching it at the stadium instead of on TV it looked like his runs were really athletic runs. But they weren’t. Take a look at it on the replay. The defense pulled up on him because they didn’t want to hit and tackle him.

The entire theme of this game was to prop up Franks And to try and re-instill his confidence. Trask did a better job of reading the defense but his accuracy sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator