***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the flip side however, we are winning because of HIS offensive recruits. Bentley, Dowdle, and Edwards were closed by Muschamp in what ridiculously short time he had to put our last class together.

Isn't Bently the freshman QB whose dad is a coach there??? Hardly a tough sell to convince the kid to come and play where Pops coaches.?.?. :dunno:

I appreciate your optimism... I had that once... Muschamp giveth, Muschamp taketh away...

Just wait... There will be plenty of this in your future:

g1351467580533335624.jpg

muschampFGCUyell.jpg

images

will-muschamp.jpg

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
You're the first opponent that I've heard express any fear of playing in the Swamp in years.
We are three games into an apparent turnaround, which is fragile enough, but it's Jake's first game without 80,000 fans having his back...actually probably closer to 70,000, but you get the idea. That, plus have you seen our O-line? Tennessee hit us up for 6 sacks, Mizzou got 4...MIZZOU!!! Shawn Elliot is under immense fire this season, and I would be shocked if he makes it out alive.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If Muschamp comes to Gainesville and wins this game then we're going to have to get a grip. We're really going to have to get a grip.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
Isn't Bently the freshman QB whose dad is a coach there??? Hardly a tough sell to convince the kid to come and play where Pops coaches.?.?. :dunno:

I appreciate your optimism... I had that once... Muschamp giveth, Muschamp taketh away...

Just wait... There will be plenty of this in your future:

g1351467580533335624.jpg

muschampFGCUyell.jpg

images

will-muschamp.jpg

True, but Jake had offers to many schools including Auburn. I would be very disappointed in a guy who asked his son to come to a school that would lessen his chances of success later in life, or for a coach he didn't think would make his son look good. Bobby Bentley is an up and comer and he could have easily gotten a job at any one of the big schools that were recruiting Jake. We all know how that works.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
It could happen, but don't forget that you are talking about a true freshman playing his very first road game in the Swamp. Against the best D he has seen to date. I feel really good about the future and where we are going, but not so much this particular game.
SCary, I think most Florida fans agree... we are much more worried for this game than you should be. First off, Florida's defense has been vastly overrated these past two years, and now we have some serious injuries to deal with including losing one of our two starting LBers. Secondly, Florida fans despised Muschamp because of the lack of offense he trotted out there every Saturday. He refused to make necessary changes to his schemes and would not make changes to the starters who needed to be benched. However, it seems that he learned from those mistakes and was willing to give your RS freshman QB a shot something our coach has not done yet. I can easily see y'all winning this game and honestly it might not even be close.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If we lose to SC we should storm the field and carry Mac off to the moving van and load his **** up and run him out of Gainesville.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
There is a chance that he has learned from his mistakes here and will be descent for you. If so good for you. The fact he hired all the same people just seems off, but who knows. That being said there will never be a single Gator fan that doesn't think he was the worst coach in our history. The man set our program back a decade with his antics and his inability to recruit/develop enough offensive players to go with the D. He recruited 1 OL in like a 2-3 year stretch and that right there is one of the biggest disasters he did to us. We can name many more, but that's just going in circles at this point. Best of luck to you guys and hopefully he doesn't leave you on the verge of dropping to FCS like he did us.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
If we lose to SC we should storm the field and carry Mac off to the moving van and load his **** up and run him out of Gainesville.

I'm not gonna lie, that would be some funny ass ****. Save room for Shawn Elliott's stuff, they can go together.
I figured Y'all were just mad at him for those horrible Belk commercials.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the end of the USC/Tennessee game after the Cocktail Party. I witnessed MooseDump do something in that game that I never, ever thought I would see. It was 3rd & 7 and a first down wins the game. MooseDump let Roper throw the ball on 3rd & 7 for more than 7 yards to get the first down and secure the win.That would have never occurred when he was our coach. He might have finally realized that he needs offense to win games.

I have been a booster/season ticket holder for more than 15 years and I sold my tickets to this game. I am going to sit at home and watch this game, this offense is too hard to watch in person again.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
I watched the end of the USC/Tennessee game after the Cocktail Party. I witnessed MooseDump do something in that game that I never, ever thought I would see. It was 3rd & 7 and a first down wins the game. MooseDump let Roper throw the ball on 3rd & 7 for more than 7 yards to get the first down and secure the win.That would have never occurred when he was our coach. He might have finally realized that he needs offense to win games.

I have been a booster/season ticket holder for more than 15 years and I sold my tickets to this game. I am going to sit at home and watch this game, this offense is too hard to watch in person again.

I love hearing someone else refer to that game as what it really is...The Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. Always will be. Political correctness is a blight on our society, and has no respect for tradition. It's revisionist, and can lead to nothing good.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love hearing someone else refer to that game as what it really is...The Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. Always will be. Political correctness is a blight on our society, and has no respect for tradition. It's revisionist, and can lead to nothing good.

You will be a good addition to our board, and a friend for all but 1 week of the season. We will be here for you...we know the pain as our wounds have yet to heal.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You will be a good addition to our board, and a friend for all but 1 week of the season. We will be here for you...we know the pain as our wounds have yet to heal.

Well, it's kinda hard to heal when they keep getting cut right back open again...

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It could happen, but don't forget that you are talking about a true freshman playing his very first road game in the Swamp. Against the best D he has seen to date. I feel really good about the future and where we are going, but not so much this particular game.
It's a noon game after getting reamed out by the shyttkest coach in the SEC West on the road. We'll be lucky if the band shows up, let alone the fans.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're the first opponent that I've heard express any fear of playing in the Swamp in years.

Just think if Coach Mac pulls off this win he will have taken back the Swamp for us finally in 2016. Its been a few years since that was the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.