***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
If you thought our loss to Georgia Southern at home was humiliating, this would be worse. The Chimp, carried off our field on the shoulders of his players. He may even shoot our crowd the finger on his way out....BOTH fingers.

Could the unthinkable happen?

Discuss.
It could happen, but don't forget that you are talking about a true freshman playing his very first road game in the Swamp. Against the best D he has seen to date. I feel really good about the future and where we are going, but not so much this particular game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I feel really good about the future and where we are going
Based on what? Chimp? My friend, you are in for a rude awakening. Will Muschamp is one of the worst head coaches that ever lived. Incredibly, we may have found one worse.

And welcome to the board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I feel really good about the future and where we are going, but not so much this particular game.
We apologize in advance. I also kind of like USC. You don't deserve this.

I used to attend legal training there occasionally. Lots of very friendly talent in Columbia. Good times.

Last edited:

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
Based on what? Chimp? My friend, you are in for a rude awakening. Will Muschamp is one of the worst head coaches that ever lived. Incredibly, we may have found one worse.

And welcome to the board.

Thank you. Nice to be here.
I feel good, because I always saw Muschamp as one QB away from greatness, and now he has one. If you end up being right, then at least we have a stocked cupboard for the next guy, because he is KILLING IT in recruiting on both sides of the ball.
Having said that, I can tell you that I was NOT on board with his hiring..and if anything, that's an understatement.
I was not alone. The idea of trying to win with someone else's cast-off, particularly one we face every season, was unappealing to say the least.
He has since won over almost every doubter, and what he has done so far at SC is nothing less than miraculous. Prior to the beginning of the season, the negativity on our boards was worse than what I see here now.
Can you honestly say that if you went back and looked at your past schedules when Muschamp was here and added 14 points to every game you played during that time, he wouldn't still be here, and with a thrilled fan base?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I feel good, because I always saw Muschamp as one QB away from greatness, and now he has one. If you end up being right, then at least we have a stocked cupboard for the next guy, because he is KILLING IT in recruiting on both sides of the ball.
Having said that, I can tell you that I was NOT on board with his hiring..and if anything, that's an understatement.
I was not alone. The idea of trying to win with someone else's cast-off, particularly one we face every season, was unappealing to say the least.
He has since won over almost every doubter, and what he has done so far at SC is nothing less than miraculous. Prior to the beginning of the season, the negativity on our boards was worse than what I see here now.
Can you honestly say that if you went back and looked at your past schedules when Muschamp was here and added 14 points to every game you played during that time, he wouldn't still be here, and with a thrilled fan base?
Good Christ. I really hope you get the help you need.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

Good luck with that.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

As an accused pumper on this board, and someone that didn't regret Muschamp until much later than many...I feel it's my obligation to try to help rid you of this optimism. It is unhealthy, and will only cause you much more severe pain than you deserve, even if from a rival SEC East school.

Muschamp has caused nearly irrepable harm to our program. His "great recruiting" was entirely a paper tiger - the rankings don't, in any way, account for NEED, and Muschamp was a very good DB recruiter, at the expense of nearly all other positions on the field. Don't be fooled by recruiting rankings...you will regret your optimism.

His offensive philosophy is atrocious, and it impacts otherwise decent coaches. He believes that offense is an unnecessary evil of college football, and philosophically, as long as he can keep his defense fresh (i.e. Win time-of-possession) then he believes he can win with defense. It is incredibly boring, but also ill-conceived. It leaves you with no options when you get behind, and you will rip your fking hair out when you go up by 7 in the first quarter and go into "prevent" mode, hoping that the defense keeps the opponent to 3 for the rest of the game. It was infuriating...and you will regret your optimism.

Lastly - he created a losers culture. That is important. Despite all of his "energy"...his "bravado"...he creates losers, and more importantly, he creates a loser culture. Our current team continues to be impacted nearly 3 years later by his incompetence. Trust me...you will regret your optimism.

Hang around on our board...we love rivals to participate in friendly banter and debate. But take it from someone who held onto his optimism way too long...don't. You will regret it.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@Gamecock: Muschamp spent the lion share of his time recruiting defensive players to the point our offense in the end was left decimated upon firing. His choice of OC's coupled with the lack of O recruit talent, left us ready to tear our eyes out watching us try to hike the ball and make a productive play greater than 10 yards consistently. A forward pass greater than 25 yards was non-existent. His sideline tantrums leading to each of our units not really liking each other was evident to loving fans... that's a synopsis if you are truly interested. You might be fortunate that the guy learned from his mistakes on our dime and dismay. We are still feeling the effects on Offensive to this day from that dawg.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I promise I'm not here to argue, but I would like to understand why you feel that way? I always assumed that it was a lack of offense, that Florida fans got fed up with.

No, it was his complete failure at recruiting a balanced roster. The dude recruited 2 OLinemen and 2 LBs the whole time he was here...meanwhile we had 15 DBs on the roster...:suicide:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I promise I'm not here to argue, but I would like to understand why you feel that way? I always assumed that it was a lack of offense, that Florida fans got fed up with.
You seem like a nice guy. Let's just say he was such an embarrassment to the program that most of us were secretly pulling for losses at the end of his tenure just so he'd get fired. I don't see any reason why you won't be in the same position.

The man HATES offense. Despises it. He wishes it only existed on opposing teams so his defense could play against it. He wishes all QB's were dead, including his own. Since he has no choice but to have an offense, he wants a "smash mouth" style, yet doesn't believe in recruiting offensive lineman. Literally none - he doesn't want to waste scholarships on them. In fact, I think he views any scholarship given to an offensive player to be a waste. The OC's are irrelevant - Chimp tells them what parameters he wants and they are forced to stay within them. We had THREE OC's and had the exact same dumpster-fire offense with all three.

While he's behaving for now, he will eventually erupt on the sideline and have to be restrained. At some point he'll finally blow his stack and run up into the crowd and punch a heckler. He's unstable and needs psychiatric help.

Don't say we didn't warn you. And lower your expectations. Seasons where you'll end up bowl eligible, even in the lowly east, are going to be few and far between for you.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
As an accused pumper on this board, and someone that didn't regret Muschamp until much later than many...I feel it's my obligation to try to help rid you of this optimism. It is unhealthy, and will only cause you much more severe pain than you deserve, even if from a rival SEC East school.

Muschamp has caused nearly irrepable harm to our program. His "great recruiting" was entirely a paper tiger - the rankings don't, in any way, account for NEED, and Muschamp was a very good DB recruiter, at the expense of nearly all other positions on the field. Don't be fooled by recruiting rankings...you will regret your optimism.

His offensive philosophy is atrocious, and it impacts otherwise decent coaches. He believes that offense is an unnecessary evil of college football, and philosophically, as long as he can keep his defense fresh (i.e. Win time-of-possession) then he believes he can win with defense. It is incredibly boring, but also ill-conceived. It leaves you with no options when you get behind, and you will rip your fking hair out when you go up by 7 in the first quarter and go into "prevent" mode, hoping that the defense keeps the opponent to 3 for the rest of the game. It was infuriating...and you will regret your optimism.

Lastly - he created a losers culture. That is important. Despite all of his "energy"...his "bravado"...he creates losers, and more importantly, he creates a loser culture. Our current team continues to be impacted nearly 3 years later by his incompetence. Trust me...you will regret your optimism.

Hang around on our board...we love rivals to participate in friendly banter and debate. But take it from someone who held onto his optimism way too long...don't. You will regret it.

I can definitely see a little bit of what you are talking about here. There have been a few moments of conservative play-calling that I disagreed with, most notably right before half-time in the Vols game when he made no effort to score with almost 2 minutes left and up by only 7 against a team known for second half comebacks. I was not a happy camper. In the end I chalked it up to not wanting to ask too much of a true freshman. Maybe there was more to it.
On the flip side however, we are winning because of HIS offensive recruits. Bentley, Dowdle, and Edwards were closed by Muschamp in what ridiculously short time he had to put our last class together. He has pulled the two best receiver threats in the state away from Clemson, and has offensive recruits not on our radar...calling him asking for visits( I have no first hand knowledge of this, it was put out there by the color guy during the Mizzou game).
I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he has learned from his mistakes. Much like you all here...I don't really have a choice.

SCary_Gamecocks

Nov 6, 2016
SCary, talk to me in 2 years. Good luck.

I hope that you are wrong, but I appreciate the welcome here, and the opinions. I hate a fight, but I love a debate.
I believe this will be a good game, and the toughest Jake has faced so far. If there is a defense this year that can shake him, it's Florida's. I can't tell you how glad I am that he doesn't have to play it in the Swamp at night.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope that you are wrong, but I appreciate the welcome here, and the opinions. I hate a fight, but I love a debate.
I believe this will be a good game, and the toughest Jake has faced so far. If there is a defense this year that can shake him, it's Florida's. I can't tell you how glad I am that he doesn't have to play it in the Swamp at night.

My fear is Muschamp will truly 100% revert back to some of his old ways which actually worked here against some good teams for that one game and bring out that Jumbo package mess for this game. We are banged up on defense and even besides that have some size issues on the D line. If he does that this game with how our offense is I could see you guys breaking us down some in the 2nd half and pulling the upset possibly. I hope not but could see it happening.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Are you afraid of our inept QB or our porous Oline or our heavy duty run game or our out of position DBs or what? I mean, we are pretty scary. I am assuming its just the dark your afraid of because we havent dominated anyone in the swamp in 7 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator