Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023
Based on 247 Composite scores, UF is #15 (89.38 AVG) vs TEN at #16 (89.32 AVG).

2023 Transfer classes: UF (#16) TEN (#36)

2022 Transfer classes: UF (#20) TEN (#47)

Highschool recruiting seems to be a similar, with a sound UF advantage in the transfer portal.

The game is at home as well.

This looks like a signature win that the Gators have a good chance of pulling out.

Just need the schemes to put players in positions to make plays and the players need to execute.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I call these kinds of wins Technicolor wins. Everything looks better in Technicolor.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Honestly probably the biggest and most important game in Billy's tenure here. Recruits are in the stands and you have to prove you're the right guy. You go out here and try and bully Tennessee with 12 personnel and running 50 times, they will blow us out.

Milton is not Hooker but Heupel's tempo and QB ability to make plays with his legs does not give me much confidence after watching Utah QBs look decent against us and ass against Baylor.

I hope we win but I have a feeling were really going to struggle on the offensive side of the ball. Utah is the blueprint, stack the box, play tight coverage and let Check Down Charlie make all the throws to the orbit man he wants....

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly probably the biggest and most important game in Billy's tenure here. Recruits are in the stands and you have to prove you're the right guy. You go out here and try and bully Tennessee with 12 personnel and running 50 times, they will blow us out.

Milton is not Hooker but Heupel's tempo and QB ability to make plays with his legs does not give me much confidence after watching Utah QBs look decent against us and ass against Baylor.

I hope we win but I have a feeling were really going to struggle on the offensive side of the ball. Utah is the blueprint, stack the box, play tight coverage and let Check Down Charlie make all the throws to the orbit man he wants....
I am also worried about this. UT is going to try and replicate what Utah did on D, but I don’t think their D will be as good as Utah’s. We have to be able to run, or hit a lot of screens and swing passes to the backs to open up our O. We also will have to be a lot better at getting quickly aligned on D for their up tempo O. Need a spy on Milton to make him try and beat us with his arm. We will need the Swamp to be extra loud to hopefully disrupt their O.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
First posted here Sep 21, 2015.
Thanks for reposting. A classic every year.

Interesting note - this will be so many contributors first home UT game. Last year was obviously on the road and I think we only have 25 guys on the roster that were here 3 years ago.

For those noting the importance to the program overall, I fully agree. This is the group that needs to set the tone and culture for the future. Beyond the off field stuff, the culture must be winning first and foremost.

For those 25, here is a breakdown of role on the team:

Stars - Marshall, maybe Scooby

ones starting and/or truly helping - Princely (perhaps I’m underselling him due to run defense being better than pass defense), Barber, Watson, Hill, Eguakan, Richie Leonard, Boone (injured), Sapp.

Contributing but almost never impactful - Wingo, Zanders, kahleil, crawshaw, Rocco Underwood, Mihalik, jaelin Humphries, Slaughter, Odom, Burke

Still here, huh? Pouncey, Fraziers, Dakota Mitchell, Riley Simonds, Weston

Not counting special teams, that is 8-11 starters (Zander’s, Odom, and Kahleiel being the variables). More than I would have expected but very limited in team stars.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think our defense will be ok, as long as we get lined up like others have said. It's Billy's game management and play calling that makes me worried. This doesn't seem like as good a Tenn team as last year, hopefully we don't make them look like world beaters. Probably gonna need to force a few turnovers to off set Billy's play calling. Get 3 and 7 plenty of touches, and no more blunders on special teams. Could be a turning point for Billy with a win. Also like that we don't go to UK next week no matter the result. Like having one more tune up before the long stretch of conference games.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I know what was up with that? Those damn air-raid sirens were gimmicky as hell and the sound quality in general was awful. Did like the new led lights.

New lights are great. The DJ thing and constant pumped in music is complete garbage. An occasional song is fine. But they outplay the band by probably 5 to 1. It’s terrible and quintessential “missing the mark” by the athletic department under Stricklin.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
New lights are great. The DJ thing and constant pumped in music is complete garbage. An occasional song is fine. But they outplay the band by probably 5 to 1. It’s terrible and quintessential “missing the mark” by the athletic department under Stricklin.
Now that you mentioned the band, did like them playing a Jimmy Buffet song.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Multiple JB songs throughout.
Heard one , but hit the concourse at half time for some breezes, saw them come in pregame from the southeast concourse damn they kept coming and coming , one big ass band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator