Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, it’s the Great Hambino.
Everyone knows Hambinos grow up to be Hambones. :lol:
The Sandlot Movie GIF

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Calling time out down 2 scores with 6 seconds left...
Not sure why that is classless. It was dumber than dirt and it was like he was calling Urban Meyer timeouts on himself. He waived the white flag not using that timeout after our first down and hoping we fumbled a snap. Calling it at the end was bizarre and dumb.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey weighs in:

oxrageous: Feels like a turning-point game.
I hope youre right. We really could use one after last year and Douchebag Dan going on his 2-10 v P5 run in 20-21. I hope it is a turning point but I hoped the game vs Utah last year and the game vs Gamecucks was too. Still, it feels different.

Plenty of things to clean up, but I just don't feel like going into any of that.

Not to be overlooked was the fact that the game showed some good recruits what playing at home in the Swamp wearing orange and blue CAN be. Almost no one can compare to that not even the ghey pompom waivers at Tuscaloosa or Athens (when the Fuchs did the Uga Bitches start copying that too?) That's almost more important to the future than the win. Nothing can compare to the Swamp at night.

An additional bonus is that we probably saved one Vole's life:

Even the coffee tastes better this morning, doesn't it? It might need a splash of rum though.

This one was good too:

Billy earned some credit, especially bc he had some fire on the sideline, seemed to understand why it's a big game, and managed to win, all brake no gas second half notwithstanding. Now if we can get SOS to whisper in his ear about not taking your foot off their throat.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Read this quote this morning...

"Man, it got loud," Mertz said. "I was on the sideline and I couldn't hear my coach in front of me. It was rocking. They truly affected the game."

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This has a distinctive Bowden sound to it.

I still like Marshall(3), but agree that Kimber and Moore are playing really well. As has been pointed out a number of times, it’s almost exclusively Napier's guys and underclassmen. Really good signs for the future.
Scooby has been a pleasant surprise. He hasn’t been good since he’s been here and looks like he could play in the NFL tomorrow. Bateman is definitely doing something right . Hell I didn’t even know who 20 was but he was whipping vol ass last night in the handful of snaps he got .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I lost count how many times Kirky whined about the 4th and 1 . Chris should’ve kicked him in his sorry ass.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Weird how much cooler it is when we’re winning/after a win :lol:

It grows on me on nights like last night, mostly because my kids like it and get into it. Still like my idea of making it an after game(win) tradition. Let WATB stand on its own. Then, like the “Rammer Jammer” thing, make it a victory song at the end.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Hmm, one good game after that crap show in Utah. I loved the win, maybe a signature win, but hold off on anointing Billy just yet. He's still got some things to fix yet: conservative play calling, lack of downfield passing, special teams, etc.
WTH is wrong with conservation play calling if you have the offense to back it up. Except when playing the Dwags and the Semis. The goal there is to subject to constant and enduring humiliation so that they cancel the season and deemphasize football before the first quarter ends. Half a hundred per quarter should be how we play.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It might not have been a must win in the sense that Billy Napier was going to be fired at the end of the year if he lost to Tennessee, but it was a must win, however, in the sense that it was a win at the right time and one that completely changes our perspective about the rest of the season. You lose that game to Tennessee then how much confidence does the team and fanbase have going on the road to Kentucky and South Carolina? Everyone would have penciled in a big loss to Georgia. Even Vanderbilt and Arkansas at home would have been doubtful. Then a trip to trip to Baton Rouge in November looks like another sure one in the loss column. Even a mid November trip to cold Missouri makes it look like a tough row to hoe. By the time the season ends with FSU we are just going through the motions.

With the win against Tennessee suddenly the rest of the season has a different look and feel to it. Now we have hope again.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
WTH is wrong with conservation play calling if you have the offense to back it up. Except when playing the Dwags and the Semis. The goal there is to subject to constant and enduring humiliation so that they cancel the season and deemphasize football before the first quarter ends. Half a hundred per quarter should be how we play.
I dont care if we run the Lonesome Polecat as long as we outscore the opponent.

Never seen a win over a ranked rival and ppl still complaining about the manner in which the points were scored. FFS

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We got up three scores and trusted our defense and sat on it. Not what I would’ve done but it obviously worked.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Looked like a team that will win 7.

Post game, Mullen and his counterpart failed to acknowledge Napier appears to be digging UF out of the crud hole left by previous staff. Wonder why?

Last edited:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017

1ST QUARTER​

TENNFLA
Tennessee Volunteers
TD
5:33
Ramel Keyton 11 Yd pass from Joe Milton III (Charles Campbell Kick)
6 plays, 71 yards, 2:01
Florida Gators
TD
4:10
Trevor Etienne 62 Yd Run (Adam Mihalek PAT blocked)
4 plays, 75 yards, 1:23

2ND QUARTER​

TENNFLA
Florida Gators
TD
9:28
Montrell Johnson Jr. 4 Yd Run (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)
14 plays, 82 yards, 7:28
Florida Gators
TD
7:20
Graham Mertz 1 Yd Run (Trey Smack Kick)
3 plays, 9 yards, 1:32
Florida Gators
TD
2:22
Montrell Johnson Jr. 18 Yd pass from Graham Mertz (Trey Smack Kick)
7 plays, 55 yards, 3:30

4 straight drives, 4 tds.

Fans: We didnt throw deep tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member