IF U AINT A GATOR THEN YOUR GATOR BAIT
1f60f.png

Someone's trolling

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
soflagator;n153870 said:
Ive said this before, there is a business element to it. Danny was a nole fan. So was Brandon James, Harvin, Demps, etc. Even Tebow was on the cusp of committing to Alabama, and I can pretty much assure you that he would have if Zook were retained. We created a negative environment for these kids with our own bad decisions. If a kid feels like he has a better shot of winning elsewhere, i don't really blame him for going. I blame us. It's easy to say "no I'd go to UF regardless". But when it's basically all about athletics, things change. Again, we messed this up.

[/QUOTE i disagree,,if I'm a gator fan, a five star stud, i would feel its my duty to get my team out of the woods and make a legacy at the same time

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n153870 said:
We created a negative environment for these kids with our own bad decisions.

I agree completely. And by WE you mean the dude on the left.

os-gators-jeremy-foley-said--football-program-on-hot-seat-during-open-mike-20140214

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n153872 said:
I knew this was coming^^^

Fowler wanted to be a nole. He came here because our depth chart looked better. Like it or not, there's a business side to things.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Amazin1;n153873 said:
Bull****...i'm a Gator. i want to make them great. they give me a chance to go to the league and i get to play for the school i love...no choice as far as i'm concerned...
This is money

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n153881 said:
i disagree,,if I'm a gator fan, a five star stud, i would feel its my duty to get my team out of the woods and make a legacy at the same
.:exactly:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Amazin1;n153873 said:
Bull****...i'm a Gator. i want to make them great. they give me a chance to go to the league and i get to play for the school i love...no choice as far as i'm concerned...

Easy to,say when we aren't being recruited hourly by other schools and seeing all the positives of those programs. Again, Tebow is about as Gator as it gets, and he struggled with recruiting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n153883 said:
Fowler wanted to be a nole. He came here because our depth chart looked better. Like it or not, there's a business side to things.
It wasn't a knock at you. You have a point. I just want you to know I have you figured out bro lol

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
soflagator;n153888 said:
Easy to,say when we aren't being recruited hourly by other schools and seeing all the positives of those programs. Again, Tebow is about as Gator as it gets, and he struggled with recruiting.
Just my opinion tebow would not been successful as he was had he went to bama

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
soflagator;n153888 said:
Sorry..not a choice for me. if i have the chance to be a Gator, i commit early and tell the coaches not to waste their visits on me...i'm good. then i recruit the crap out of every other great recruit...seems to me, that's what Tebow did...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
dubster1;n153881 said:
soflagator;n153870 said:
Ive said this before, there is a business element to it. Danny was a nole fan. So was Brandon James, Harvin, Demps, etc. Even Tebow was on the cusp of committing to Alabama, and I can pretty much assure you that he would have if Zook were retained. We created a negative environment for these kids with our own bad decisions. If a kid feels like he has a better shot of winning elsewhere, i don't really blame him for going. I blame us. It's easy to say "no I'd go to UF regardless". But when it's basically all about athletics, things change. Again, we messed this up.

[/QUOTE i disagree,,if I'm a gator fan, a five star stud, i would feel its my duty to get my team out of the woods and make a legacy at the same time

And so would I. The mere thought of putting on garnet and gold or red and black, etc makes me nauseous. My point is that some of the greatest Gators ever have struggled with recruiting. And we've also been on the winning end of this scenario, and never had an issue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator