***Official Spring Football Thread***

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea who this guy is, but this was re-tweeted on my twitter feed so take it FWIW....

Kenny Login ‏@Gator_Alum 1h1 hour ago

From the scrimmage yesterday

CeZOSZnWIAETcts.jpg:large

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The 150 pounder that I was thinking about was Burnett. Massey's hight is still surprised me when I saw the official since all the sites had him at about 6'. But you're right. If he's about the same size and he's faster then he may be a better fit.

I just hope Massey is the KO Return Man this year. I was sick and tired of watching Powell run the ball out from 3 yards deep in the end zone to get tackled at the 16 yard line. It was very frustrating and he DOES NOT need to return kickoffs this year!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess this is some kind of jab at me. But I'm not sure what this means.
Please don't act like beating out Powell would be some grand accomplishment. Powell has done very little. His resume is basically one long run after catch and one good block.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please don't act like beating out Powell would be some grand accomplishment. Powell has done very little. His resume is basically one long run after catch and one good block.

I didn't say it was. I misremembered that Massey was 156 pounds. I didn't think a 156 pound receiver would unseat Powell. The 156 pounder was Burnett. Massey is roughly the same size as Powell.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
hey that was just this year :lmao2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That video barker says Kyle Trask may avoid a redshirt ... meaning we'll want him
available to take the field !

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That video barker says Kyle Trask may avoid a redshirt ... meaning we'll want him
available to take the field !

You just ruined Law's week. :lmao2:

In all seriousness, it seems Trask is at least good enough to push LDR and Franks. If they let up, get lazy, or do something stupid off the field he's taking their job. This will apply to Allen as well when he gets to UF.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm rooting for Trask to be playable because it makes us stronger at QB position, as well as
greater "push" in practices, more active camaraderie, more variation potential on the field.
Let's hope, let's hope.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we get plenty of Div 3 Trash and quickly transfer to a lower division. These scholarships are costly and there is no sense in trying to get in an arms race. Recruiting is a pain in the azz too. If we just recruited high school backups at every position we could be done in a week. Think about the money we'd save.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I hope we get plenty of Div 3 Trash and quickly transfer to a lower division. These scholarships are costly and there is no sense in trying to get in an arms race. Recruiting is a pain in the azz too. If we just recruited high school backups at every position we could be done in a week. Think about the money we'd save.

Hahaha You really should keep the trump avatar, your two peas in a pod.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If Trask is a decent qb...Dont see why people continue to speak negatively about the kid. Gotta grow up

Buy now it is clear the guy isn't a Mornhinweg roster filler. He can play. It looks like he has a nice work ethic. With LDR being a good example, he'll learn how to play the position. This was a nice find by Mac and co. So was Keivonnis Davis who Rivals had rated a 2 star. ESPN has him rated a low 3 to high 2. Davis has been so impressive he's allowing for more flexibility along the d-line in pass rush situations. The kid can play. This shouldn't be the norm though. Law is right. We should be signing 4's and 5's.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Buy now it is clear the guy isn't a Mornhinweg roster filler. He can play. It looks like he has a nice work ethic. With LDR being a good example, he'll learn how to play the position. This was a nice find by Mac and co. So was Keivonnis Davis who Rivals had rated a 2 star. ESPN has him rated a low 3 to high 2. Davis has been so impressive he's allowing for more flexibility along the d-line in pass rush situations. The kid can play. This shouldn't be the norm though. Law is right. We should be signing 4's and 5's.

I do not disagree with that notion on talent. Just think dissing a kid that has done everything asked of him is childish. That's all...

The kid wants to be a Gator and is working very diligently to get better. Slandering him is sh!tty especially by "Gator fans".

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I do not disagree with that notion on talent. Just think dissing a kid that has done everything asked of him is childish. That's all...

The kid wants to be a Gator and is working very diligently to get better. Slandering him is sh!tty especially by "Gator fans".

It boils down to the fact that Law doesn't want to face the reality that he may be wrong about Trask. In before law replies "Trash sucks because he was backup to a 4* QB at high school that runs the spread option!" I respect Law's opinions on lots of matters and he's right when he says 2* shouldn't be the norm here at UF, but to literally bash a hard working young man whose doing the best he can here is absolutely horrible.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If a true freshman sees the field this year we are in serious doo-doo. Unless it's 4th qtr mop-up duty. In that case I hope to see Trask a lot.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems Trask is showing abilities and work-ethic equal to any 2nd-string QB that UF has had recently.
And, all should note that he's doing this with the worse high-school coaching any kid could have, 4 years
of football non-training, in the wrong system, sitting, rusting.
Too many are digging a trench of fan-stench. I say "bust your rut or rust your butt." ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.