Orange & Blue Spring Game Thread

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I learned that I need to start drinking. I'm sure it might look better then.
:I had an $8 can of Swamp Head the TD Terrace. Maybe I was a little less critical. I hate controlled scrimmages. Hopefully, behind their closed practices they go more man on man with the QBs..............SOS had an interesting inteview during the game. He said his games were more for fun and the Def. was not allowed to mix it up with coverage's and formations. He basically said when the Off catches up to the Def we will compete for championships...........

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It was exactly what I thought it would be. At this point it's Franks, then yes....Toney, and Trask. I am starting to get the feeling that LDR will not be a factor, despite the announcers. But nothing last night showed me that LDR would be worse. I can't see his noodle arm being better after a surgery, we'll see. My objectives were to see the OL get more depth and play well and get out of it with any significant injuries. This game was a VANILLA as it could get and the SECN stated that right off the bat. There were a couple of flashes there to see what could be. I guess I (we) really won't know anything until I'm in my seat in Jerry's world 9/2. It was simply....a glorified Spring Game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
..a Leopard can't change it's spots.....neither can a guy just happy to be here.....purty kewl, though

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Relax, it's only a scrimmage. You're looking for hints of progress. We've got a running back bordering on great in Scarlett and a young QB who's got obvious upside. The 46-yard completion to Hammond was perfectly thrown. There were some poorly thrown balls, too, but that's to be expected.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The good:

1. The runningbacks. Scarlett and Perine are stars.
2. Camrin Knight at LB. He's 6'3, 245-250. He did a nice job on the goal line. He'll contribute this year.
3. Toney. He's exciting with the ball in his hands. Too bad he's just an athlete pretending to be QB.
4. Jeremiah Moon. He flies to the ball. I want to know why he hasn't gained a bit of weight though. Like Knight, he'll be very useful in certain situations.
5. The receiver position looks loaded. We are dangerous. Sadly, I get the feeling it will go to waste.

The bad:

1. Franks and no one else. He scared me more than impressed. I see a guy who might throw 30 touchdowns with 25 picks. Trask looked like a 2 star. Toney is a receiver pretending to play QB. LDR is easily the backup right now and maybe the starter.
2. The o-line. They made me want to vomit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Relax, it's only a scrimmage.
Yeah, I've been waiting almost a decade for them to unveil our REAL offense and pretending this we see in scrimmage is just them trying to hide the offense from Meachicken.

The truth is, this IS our offense.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
After watching Toney, we might want to consider not red shirting him. I think he is the best QB we have and he isnt a QB.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After watching Toney, we might want to consider not red shirting him. I think he is the best QB we have and he isnt a QB.
He played against the third string defense which isn't any good. Sure he's a good athlete that they may get some plays out of, but I wouldn't consider him our best QB.

Right now Franks is our best QB, but Del Rio will be in the mix whenever he's healthy since Franks is still inconsistent with his accuracy. If Allen can learn the playbook quickly, he has a chance to steal the starting spot, but the odds are against him.

I honestly don't know how good Allen is. I just know that Franks currently isn't good enough to be the definitive starter. He's got a lot of work to do.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I've been waiting almost a decade for them to unveil our REAL offense and pretending this we see in scrimmage is just them trying to hide the offense from Meachicken.

The truth is, this IS our offense.
Yeah. The plays called last night looked pretty much like every gameplan last year. I'm not getting my hopes up that it will look any different this year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Franks missed a couple throws, but other than that, he looked pretty good. Especially compared to last year's spring game. What were you guys expecting? The love child of Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana?

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Franks missed some throws but was throwing to the right player. Trask had no time but also threw into double coverage. Toney looked surprisingly good, but it was against the threes. DelRio may still have a starting job.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks missed a couple throws, but other than that, he looked pretty good. Especially compared to last year's spring game. What were you guys expecting? The love child of Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana?
Don't be silly. We expect the love child of Danny and Timmy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know Spring games are setups for the most part but that was a complete joke with the starters on offense.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The D is going to be very good again. Should be a top 10 defense yet again. Franks and Scarlett are gonna be very good. O-Line definitely needs some work. Thompson is STILL a fumbler so I cringe every time he gets the ball. We HAVE to find a way to get Powell and Toney the ball on offense. Calloway is Calloway. HOPEFULLY we can stay healthy and open up the offense and break into the top 50. Go Gators!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Im a horny drunk... of course Im also horny sober.

Im a beer drinking simpleton, on the rare occasion that I do drink. Dont like most liquors, with rum being the exception, and cant acquire a taste for wine.

Probably because you're drinking cheap ass wine. Let me know if you need some suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.