OSU Saga: Meyer suspended for 3 games

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I remember somebody (can’t remember the person’s screen name) on the old board posted a lengthy account that detailed how Meyer allegedly ran roughshod over Foley and would go directly to Machen for things he wanted. The poster allegedly had sources or had a friend with sources inside the AD’s office. This same post claimed Meyer was the one who rescinded his 1st resignation b/c Daz wasn’t going to be tapped as his replacement. Anybody else remember what I’m talking about? Personally I was skeptical of the post being legit but it seemed many people believed what was written. With that being said, maybe Foley didn’t have much power over Meyer due to the Machen connection.

Well since Fooley had almost nothing to do with Urb's being hired here other than being directed to be errand boy and go out to Urb's and do not return until the paper is signed and the ink is dry, I would say that what you wrote is extremely feasible!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody gets away with letting the women down. He's gonna get time swerved.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Now he's banned from communicating with the players and coaches along with being banned from University property while on paid administrative leave.
Urban Meyer Banned From Communicating With Ohio State Players And Coaches, Being On University Property During Paid Administrative Leave, Per Report

Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer is not permitted any contact with players or coaches while he's on paid administrative leave pending a university investigation. Additionally, Meyer does not have access to any university-issued communication devices or his school email account.

Meyer is also not permitted on university property, which includes the Woody Hayes Athletic Center and the football offices.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Here's out it will play out; the investigation will find that while Meyer reported the 2015 incident to some higher up (thus shifting responsibility), there were still areas where this reporting system could be improved both from the coaching staff and by the administration. As a result, Meyer will be suspended for four games (back in time for PSU, how convenient) and the University will make a number of improvements for reporting and to properly address allegations of abuse to "make sure this never happens again."
I agree this is very likely to be how it goes down, but doubt he gets 4 games, probably anywhere from 0-2. But since everyone will be suspicious that he never reported sh#t and this is just a story that Meyer, the Admin, and their lawyers came up with to avoid being forced to fire him, I think they are going to have to provide some proof that it was actually reported. Just saying, "ohh yeah, now I remember the event and reporting it, you guys remember that too, right?" is not going to cut it.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
If he were a .500 coach he would be gone. But since he is a multiple natty holder, he will get a slap on the wrist. Legally, it sounds he did the right thing. There is an old saying about leadership and accountability....do you still do the right thing when no one is watching? The answer for Urbs is obviously no. Had this story not broken the wife beater would still be on staff. It is only when it came to light is when the dirtbag got fired. Did not do the right thing as a leader when no one was watching....he cared more about the image of his program than the safety and well being of a woman.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I'm thinking Meyer may end up getting a raise and an extension after this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well since Fooley had almost nothing to do with Urb's being hired here other than being directed to be errand boy
Exactly. Fooley's formula was very simple. Go find a championship coach, SOS, hire his assistant, Zook; Pitino, Billy D; Saban, Chimp and Butterteeth; CUM, Mullinz; wash rinse repeat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The best part is all the signs bashing ESPN, they aren't even the one's who broke the story and actually fired the guy who did. :lol: Dumbasses.
Ever been to Ohio?

Put it this way, the Assquash family is from Ohio.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I certainly hope not.

That’ll only make it that much more expensive when we rehire him here.
It has to be difficult for Ox. On one hand, Urbie is no doubt embarrassed by all this and probably beating the shyt out of his wife for causing it. Very painful for Urbs so Ox too is in great pain.

On the other hand, every jilted lover wants his old girlfriend back desperately and Urbie can't come home until he leaves Crackbus.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's what I've learned most from this. When you have a major fire to put out, your first and best move is to pretend like it's a big deal and render no decision. After you make it past the initial news cycle, no one really cares what you do.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law likes to push the boundaries. Don't take him serious. He's just one of those guys who you laugh like hell with together and occasionally throw punches at each other. All functional stuff, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.