OSU Saga: Meyer suspended for 3 games

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They will take the heat for keeping Urban. He's not going anywhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My point is wouldn’t the first person you talked to be the guy that this whole thing is about?
No, in an investigation the criminal is often the last person you talk to.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So he roughed up his wife, got arrested for DUI, had to Uber to work for six months, and we're all supposed to believe Meyer knew nothing about any of this.

So let's assume he didn't know.

How does someone get paid $300k a year and not have some sort of mandatory annual reporting language re arrests in their contract?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His grandfather is Earle Bruce.

That is really all that we need to know. Hell, Im surprised Ohio cops arrested him for DUI.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So he roughed up his wife, got arrested for DUI, had to Uber to work for six months, and we're all supposed to believe Meyer knew nothing about any of this.
No, no, no. He meant to say he DID know and reported it at the time.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

So let's assume he didn't know.

How does someone get paid $300k a year and not have some sort of mandatory annual reporting language re arrests in their contract?
From my understanding, his license was suspended except for work related activities, i.e. to and fro work, recruiting visits and the likes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The point I was trying to make was that athletic department employees -- and esp those making good-sized salaries -- should be required to disclose any arrests.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
From my understanding, his license was suspended except for work related activities, i.e. to and fro work, recruiting visits and the likes.
Recruiting visits? So if a truck driver gets a DUI he can still drive all over the country because its for work? Imagining Smith rolling up in an Uber X to all the HS games and kids houses makes me laugh

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The point I was trying to make was that athletic department employees -- and esp those making good-sized salaries -- should be required to disclose any arrests.
Yes, I agree. Didn’t mean to deter from your point. Just making a different point that he might have kept it under wraps.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting visits? So if a truck driver gets a DUI he can still drive all over the country because its for work? Imagining Smith rolling up in an Uber X to all the HS games and kids houses makes me laugh
It wasn’t the usual suspension. It was conditional and handed out by the pOSU Alum, Booster Club Member, Judge.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And don't most of these coaches get the use of a car with their contracts? I know they do at a lot of schools. What if he was driving a school courtesy car when he had the DUI?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And don't most of these coaches get the use of a car with their contracts? I know they do at a lot of schools. What if he was driving a school courtesy car when he had the DUI?
Exactly.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Standard in such plea deals. Business purposes such as to and from work are allowed. They better not find you in a bar though having driven there.

leogator

May 5, 2018
So those pics that Courtney provide to McMurphy. It seems that she did not provide them to the police at the time:

"The lawyer who represented Zach Smith in 2015, Larry James, said in a phone interview that he did not remember seeing any photos back then.

"If there are photos of bruises, without exception, they're going to go forward with the charges," James said of police. "There appeared to be nothing there."

Urban Meyer is under fire for handling of domestic abuse claims. But what about the police?

Could those pics be from an earlier incident or a later incident? If the bruises were fresh, I am sure the police would have taken pics with their own camera to preserve the chain of custody.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hesitate to even do this because I know that Leo might use this the next time he's beating his wife's ass.

A bruise, an ecchymosis, is caused by ruptured blood vessels causing bleeding under the skin. A bruise generally isnt visible at first, it is typically just a reddened area. Darkened bruising appears the next fews days, the life cycle being reddish, then more puffiness, then darkening to a black, then blue then slightly greenish.

What a COMPETENT cop does is arrest the batterer and document the abuse. A DV detective then shows up over the next few days to document the bruising as it ages.

If there are no marks, the competent cop takes pictures of that too. Obviously these Buckeyes did not.

A Buckeye that does none of the above will likely get fired bc, though his Chief might be a Buckeye fan first too, his state certification (OPOTA in this case)
wont be. I hope being able to say Go Bucks is worth his career. Im told they even have a special committee that looks over DV investigation cases.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
I hesitate to even do this because I know that Leo might use this the next time he's beating his wife's ass.

A bruise, an ecchymosis, is caused by ruptured blood vessels causing bleeding under the skin. A bruise generally isnt visible at first, it is typically just a reddened area. Darkened bruising appears the next fews days, the life cycle being ...

More to come

Next time you go to court pray your client does not get convicted by a iPhone photo that has not been authenticated. That if he gets convicted, the chain of custody is clear.

BTW, EXIF metadata can easily be edited using the proper tools so chain of custody of photos is extremely important.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.