Our Favorite Ex-Coach Keeps On Giving

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:
I thought this was gonna be a thread about RZ and his janitorial prowess.
He is now the linebackers coach in Green Bay. See how well they played on last Thursday?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not watching it. I have always thought the guy was fake even when he was at UF.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
HogtownGator;n47586 said:

Speaking of ron zook I saw him on the packers sideline, i guess he is coaching special teams there.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
HogtownGator;n47586 said:

Speaking of ron zook I saw him on the packers sideline, i guess he is coaching special teams there.
Linebackers.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Cry me a river, Urbs.

Of course he was depressed and stressed. Trying to balance an affair(s) and not drive your family away , at least in in the public awareness to preserve your image, can get stressful. Admittedly this is rumor, but without knowing anything factual, I noted, the 2nd time he resigned ( red flags popped up all over the place in my mind) at one point there was a change- He no longer sounded like a coach leaving, but a guy making a desperate public attempt to sway his family ( wife) and convince them (her) not to leave him. The desperate tone in the voice, the wording, etc. Mr Manipulator probably had gotten sloppy with infatuation and overstretched his ability to con,and no doubt had broken some previous "heartfelt" promises..

After he left, my sister told me her daughter, then in college, had told her it had been common knowledge in the frat/sorority circles at USF for a year at least , who he was seeing from one of the sororities. Who knows if true, but it was certainly an enduring rumor there.

in the words of a Buckey fan

"My problem with Urban is that he is completely full of shi*t ( edited there by me) Don't tell me I'm getting a steak to serve me a taco."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
divits;n47587 said:
I guess my question is what the hell has he done differently than what he did at Florida? The answer is nothing of course other than get away from a team with a lot of bad characters that he created. That was the crux of his "depression" and the cause of his.... (ahem) ...."heart issues".

Acting like he's spending more time with his now grown children is laughable.

When the news broke about Miller a few weeks back, I told some coworkers that this would be the year that Meyer would earn his billing. I'm certainly not his biggest critic and respect what he did here. But, as I said then, the guy walked into Alex Smith, then got Leak, followed by Tebow and now Miller. Aside from 2010 he's never had to deal with a really tough QB situation. This year, he'll have to prove how good he is, which is really what he knew he was staring down post 2009 when he stepped away the first time. If they have tough year, it could be a very similar situation for him with regards to demands from a fanbase and the outlook or needing to rebuild again. It will be interesting to see how he handles it.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Cry me a damn river. We tried to tell OSU what they were getting when they hired him. They loved him when they were winning.... The real Meyer will soon surface.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cryer ain't smart enough to keep all the lies straight.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Why doesn't he just keep his head down and STFU?!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, he's got Tyler Murphy at QB. His schedules stacked soft enough to still win 10 games. And that's enough
with such a horrendous injury season (just Brax Miller).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad said:
Cry me a river, Urbs.

Of course he was depressed and stressed. Trying to balance an affair(s) and not drive your family away , at least in in the public awareness to preserve your image, can get stressful. Admittedly this is rumor, but without knowing anything factual, I noted, the 2nd time he resigned ( red flags popped up all over the place in my mind) at one point there was a change- He no longer sounded like a coach leaving, but a guy making a desperate public attempt to sway his family ( wife) and convince them (her) not to leave him. The desperate tone in the voice, the wording, etc. Mr Manipulator probably had gotten sloppy with infatuation and overstretched his ability to con,and no doubt had broken some previous "heartfelt" promises..

After he left, my sister told me her daughter, then in college, had told her it had been common knowledge in the frat/sorority circles at USF for a year at least , who he was seeing from one of the sororities. Who knows if true, but it was certainly an enduring rumor there.

"My problem with Urban is that he is completely full of shi*t ( edited there by me) Don't tell me I'm getting a steak to serve me a taco."
He was having an affair w/ some chick that went to the University of South Florida in Tampa? Wow. That's a long commute for some ass!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:
I'm not watching it. I have always thought the guy was fake even when he was at UF.
yeah, but he was OUR fake then...

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
While I'll always appreciate what he did when he was here. He needs to be honest and say the reason he left was that he did not plan for after Tebow and Percy until it was too late and knew there would be a few years of rebuilding.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
maheo30 said:
I never liked him. I supported the program because I'm a gator. The local media here (most being UF alums) told story after story of what a douche Meyer was while coach at UF.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
Cry me a river, Urbs.

No. The USF story was he was having an affair with a sorority girl at UF. The houses at UF and USF exchange info.

And as long as I am editing-- the word girl might be misleading, as I always imagine ( based on other reports and proximity) that it was a grad assistant or other young UAA connected staff.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator said:
Cry me a damn river. We tried to tell OSU what they were getting when they hired him. They loved him when they were winning.... The real Meyer will soon surface.
My Ohio contact wrote me end of last season that a sector of the fan base was very disgruntled. He had been a huge Urban fan ( home boy family man supercoach returns home, and shelly had been fair queen in his county). This despite my warnings to not believe a word out of UM's mouth. He was singing a different tune after the post season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.