Phil Steel projects UF nation's most improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
No trying to pile on here but can you name the time he didn’t call a terrible game ?
Ole Miss upset . Even if Grier audibled all plays to other plays (that could be sour grapes by Grier as I find it hard to believe a freshman would audible out of all the plays) that was Mac's newly installed offense. Grier was UF's last quick thinking QB with talent.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Newly installed? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Ole Miss upset . Even if Grier audibled all plays to other plays (that could be sour grapes by Grier as I find it hard to believe a freshman would audible out of all the plays) that was Mac's newly installed offense.

He called a good game but the QB changed all the calls ?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
He called a good game but the QB changed all the calls ?
I dont believe that Grier changed all the calls as a freshman in a newly installed system. I do believe he changed some to fit the opposing defense. Good QBs do that.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Arguing ad hominem helps identify the loser in a discussion.
No one in his right mind is going to argue against the notion that talent can make a difference. The counterargument is that, irony of ironies, Mac was a poor judge of talent and he couldn't recruit worth a crap to begin with.

Nobody wants to hear what a poor whiddle victim Mac was when he made the awful mess he sat in.

And speaking of bait, you just fell for the big chum. Score one for Jas.
Really? Donks making that argument two posts above you. And no one now argues that Mac could judge talent or recruit.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
To be accurate , when Mac had top talent that Saban had recruited and developed Mac lead that offense to 2 national championships. Mac lead an offense that was good enough to beat a Tebow led UF team in the SEC championship game. Mac did not eff up the offense at Bama when he had a stud OL and a quick thinking QB.
The offense he ran at Bama was grossly subpar if you take into account the ridiculous talent they had.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

Really? Donks making that argument two posts above you. And no one now argues that Mac could judge talent or recruit.
If don't know who you are referring to but Donks is one of the drama queens I have on ignore.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
The offense he ran at Bama was grossly subpar if you take into account the ridiculous talent they had.
To be fair Bama lost to UF with those players in the SEC championship game the year prior to Mac. New Bama OC Mac got our attention when the Bama offense came out throwing when UF loaded up to stop the run. Saban got his first Bama national championship when he turned over the keys to the offense to new OC Mac. Of course Mac did not develop or recruit those Bama offensive players.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=293390333

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

You have gone full fvkktard.

Im truly beginning to believe you are an absolute idiot. I used to think you were desperately trying to rationalize your years of miscalculations and your insistence that all of Mssippi was laughing at us for firing the world's best coach.... then I began to think you were just slow or perhaps of desperately poor reading comprehension. Youre way past that.

No offense. Youre still one of my favorite chromosome challenged Mssippians.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You have gone full fvkktard.

Im truly beginning to believe you are an absolute idiot. I used to think you were desperately trying to rationalize your years of miscalculations and your insistence that all of Mssippi was laughing at us for firing the world's best coach.... then I began to think you were just slow or perhaps of desperately poor reading comprehension. Youre way past that.

No offense. Youre still one of my favorite chromosome challenged Mssippians.
The fallacy in your argument is a variation of the "either/or" fallacy. Either Mac was a bad coach or he wasn't. Everyone agrees he was a bad coach. So you conclude that talent can't help a bad coach
But even a bad coach can be a little less of a bad coach with talent.(It is not an either/or absolute situation.) Indeed some posters have argued that he only won the east because of Muschamp's talent. Put simply, you can't have it both ways.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fallacy in your argument is a variation of the "either/or" fallacy.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Yeah.... that's MY fallacy.

Ok.

Let me be even more precise, although I think any fair-minded person would think I've already done so. No amount of offensive talent can make Butterteeth look competent. Certain Callaway (Mr 5 TDs) and Scarlett didnt.

No amount of defensive talent would have made Randy Shannon better either. He is my nature an old school 1980s, 4-3 cover 2 zone guy. He is going to give up 20 points a game and he is a piss poor match for a Sabanized offense which will struggle to score 20 often even with great talent. But that is a different issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator