Phil Steel projects UF nation's most improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Yeah.... that's MY fallacy.

Ok.

Let me be even more precise, although I think any fair-minded person would think I've already done so. No amount of offensive talent can make Butterteeth look competent. Certain Callaway (Mr 5 TDs) and Scarlett didnt.

No amount of defensive talent would have made Randy Shannon better either. He is my nature an old school 1980s, 4-3 cover 2 zone guy. He is going to give up 20 points a game and he is a piss poor match for a Sabanized offense which will struggle to score 20 often even with great talent. But that is a different issue.
Oh, you are very precise, just precisely wrong. Perhaps no amount of talent would make butters competent, but it would make him a better bad coach. And, yes, as a better, but still very bad coach, he might have won a game or two more if he had the talent lost in the cc scandal. All, of course, to no effect. Repeating the same fallacy makes it no less fallacious. Let's drop it. If you don't see that, you probably aren't capable of seeing it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are the same coach regardless of talent, there maybe a difference in the W/L ratio. But you are the same coach. McElwain had elite talent at Alabama, mid major talent at Colorado State, and a mixed bag at UF moving towards high mid major. The talent doesn't effect his ability create strategy, all it does it change the pieces that he is making that strategy with. McElwain was a poor coach in 2015 with better talent, just like he was a poor coach in 2017 with high midmajor talent. The losses of the CC 9 and the injuries (which could be related to his ability as a CEO) didn't change what he was as a coach.

He was more than a poor coach, he was a poor CEO. The S&C was a problem for 3 years, the offensive play-calling was an issue for 3 years. As CEO you have to remove the problems in the system, and he failed to do so. For all of Muschamp's faults, and there were plenty. At least he did try to fix the offensive strategy. I may disagree with the people he chose to fix it with, but at least he tried something. McElwain by the end of his tenure was an absent landlord failing to fix the problems that occurred under his own leadership.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh, you are very precise, just precisely wrong. Perhaps no amount of talent would make butters competent, but it would make him a better bad coach.

KlutzySoftAuklet-max-1mb.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, a better bad coach. Ancient sounding like Yogi.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So... after 23 pages it looks like jhbyrd and AR won the argument. :stirpot:
By such a large margin it won't be necessary for them to return. They can ride victorious together into the sunset.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine what this guy could do inside the 3-yard-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.