Poll: What should happen with this game?

Poll: What should happen with this game?

• Play the game during our common bye week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play the game after SEC championship game (if possible)

• Don't play the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we will need the win later in the year.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n39143 said:
One thing that needs to happen as a result of this, the NCAA and/or SEC should allow for the possibility that cancelations can happen and games should be played the next possible day. To me, it's no different than a NASCAR race or PGA golf tournament getting rained out. Do it the next sunshiny day. Charter a different plane for the visiting team, tell the stadium workers in advance of getting hired that they may have to work on Sunday if Saturday gets canceled. I know it's rare, but yesterday was a travesty and should never happen again.
How is yesterday a travesty? Should we have a little chat with God and tell him to never allow another storm like that to take a football game away from us? Were you there?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
One thing that needs to happen as a result of this, the NCAA and/or SEC should allow for the possibility that cancelations can happen and games should be played the next possible day. To me, it's no different than a NASCAR race or PGA golf tournament getting rained out. Do it the next sunshiny day. Charter a different plane for the visiting team, tell the stadium workers in advance of getting hired that they may have to work on Sunday if Saturday gets canceled. I know it's rare, but yesterday was a travesty and should never happen again.
How is yesterday a travesty? Should we have a little chat with God and tell him to never allow another storm like that to take a football game away from us? Were you there?
I think he was just saying they need a backup plan in place.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
travesty is a poor choice of words

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
I'm sure they'll work on something for the future. Yesterday was a bit of a freak occurrence. Odds are they'll develop contingency plans. But getting this worked up over it is just baffling to me. Not for a single moment did I have a negative thought and was honestly shocked today when I got online and started reading message boards and social media. Give me a break, that weather was INSANE! As soon as someone is seriously injured, the same people bitching would be up in arms that they played in those conditions. There is just no win for some people who thrive on negativity and selfishness.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
You're right it's silly to get worked up over rain. It was a freak thing we didn't get any here in williston and looking at the radar it was one freaking storm that just hovered over Gainesville forever. I guess that was a game that wasn't meant to be.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
Crazy you didn't get any of that down in Williston. It did seem to just blow up and sit right over Gainesville though. Yesterday was brutally hot and humid all day. There wasn't a bit of wind. At 6:00 the heat index was 104! Not surprised the storm got as bad as it did.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
It's a travesty that they can't play in the rain. So what if lightning strikes 6 miles away. Before the world became so freaking soft, they played games in downpours and even thunder/lightning routinely. I understand not playing with lightning popping within and around the stadium, but the cancelation after kickoff was due to a strike 6 miles away. And then the final decision to cancel was because of field conditions, NOT lightning. My opinion, that's a travesty. Maybe if you had traveled from 4, 5, 7 hours away, you'd agree.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
Why on earth would we risks losing a player to injury against Idaho? That idea isn't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Darthgator said:
Why on earth would we risks losing a player to injury against Idaho? That idea isn't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.
I find your visual metaphor…disturbing.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
Darthgator said:
Sadly, you're right....

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
You don't know much about lightning do you?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Play it if you can...and it looks like we can...

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
You don't know much about the age old history of playing football in various horrible weather conditions, do you? Some of the most fabled football games in history were played in conditions just as dangerous as Saturday night; the Ice Bowl was -12 degrees, the Charger-Bengal playoff game in 1982 was played with a wind chill of minus 52! The Fog Bowl was played with 15 yards of visibility, games are played in blizzards, torrential downpours, sweltering heat and humidity, hell, the Packers play on a field nicknamed the "frozen tundra." Regarding the lightning, cite one player or fan in the 100+ year history of college football, spanning hundreds of thousands of games, who has ever been struck by lightning. Here's a hint; Google won't help, because it hasn't happened. And if it were so incredibly dangerous, how come the tens of thousands of students who never left their seats are being applauded and praised publicly for their fandom as opposed to being chastised and criticized for putting their lives in such imminent danger?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great! It could be like our bowl game. Much better than going to the Independence Bowl.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
If you want to sit in standing water on metal bleachers...go for it. Most sane people won't. Enjoy.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
And I'm still guessing you were sitting at home, correct? Because you don't live in Florida so you have an excuse to bitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.