Pool/Fence Build Thread

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
100% chance of severe thunderstorms every day this week. Sorry, man.

That has essentially been the forecast every day since we started. These guys are here around 6:30-7:00 and work until the weather stops them or 3. Only day # 2 has weather stopped them early. They are actually praying for some rain and a break. :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That has essentially been the forecast every day since we started. These guys are here around 6:30-7:00 and work until the weather stops them or 3. Only day # 2 has weather stopped them early. They are actually praying for some rain and a break. :lol:

Except you have a tropical storm possibly turning into a hurricane coming this week.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Except you have a tropical storm possibly turning into a hurricane coming this week.

200w.gif

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny is that any kind of picture we take out in the yard.... they all give that impression. It took us years to figure out why. My guess is there is no real reference since it is basically wide open pasture. There is no other house, or tree, or fence nearby. This is a pretty darn big house (4500 sqft under roof).... but after we built it, it looked like the size of a single wide. Now that some nearby trees are getting some height, the "scale" is changing a little. The pool is above average in size... 30x15, with a 10x13 sunshelf. This wouldnt even fit in most backyards. But in those pics... it looks so damn small. :lol:

"You don't understand, it's not how it looks, it's actually above average, she just has really big hands!"

/Brad

Alex.

Last edited:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Brad instead of spending $1500 for a fence you're gonna remove after you're final imspection, why not get two rolls of 4'x150' galvanized poultry netting and 40 landscaping timbers and put it up your self. Cost is under $300 and you could use it later to keep the hogs out of the neighbors yard.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brad instead of spending $1500 for a fence you're gonna remove after you're final imspection, why not get two rolls of 4'x150' galvanized poultry netting and 40 landscaping timbers and put it up your self. Cost is under $300 and you could use it later to keep the hogs out of the neighbors yard.

giphy.gif

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's today.... Day 30? The placed the glass tile on all the steps. This still plan on doing the plaster tomorrow.

image.jpg

My stacked stone wall also came in to use as the front of outdoor kitchen. It's 100% fake. That is one solid panel, I have 3.

image.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What's today.... Day 30? The placed the glass tile on all the steps. This still plan on doing the plaster tomorrow.

image.jpg

My stacked stone wall also came in to use as the front of outdoor kitchen. It's 100% fake. That is one solid panel, I have 3.

image.jpg
Cheap bastid :D

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Day 32? Pool plaster was finished this morning (3 days late due to storm) and the pool is officially being filled through a chlorine filter.

image.jpg

image.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta admit, that property is pretty awesome. I'd love to have something like that.
But we can't all be rich I suppose :(

;)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After a solid 24 hours of pool fill. They have come and placed many many gallons of acid in there to keep the "plaster" soft. This gives them the ability to continue to work it under water.

image.jpg

The main drain is pulling through the pump and filter and shooting out the 4 ports. That pump is damn near silent.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kids couldn't wait until tonight when it would be full. We had to do a family plunge.

image.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator