Post Michigan thoughts?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Playcalling, strength and conditioning, recruiting, special teams....at some point the problem is the attitude and mindset of the CEO that affects or doesn't address other issues. Folks screamed at his contract extension for good reason

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had a pretty good day today. Had a few beers and got to hang out with friends and family. So, I'm not ready to let the shyt show ruin my time.

As for the game, I will give the OLine a bit of a break. This is going to be the best DLine they will probably face all year. I think they could have made some progress in the 2nd half similar to the LSU game, but we ran the Zaire stuff. Don't get me wrong, the OLine isn't good, but I don't think they are a steaming pile of shyt that they looked like today.

QB, same old crap. I was never impressed with Franks and I don't think he proved a thing today other than he has a strong arm. Zaire is a waste of a scholly at this point. I say let Trask get a confidence game next week and see how he does. I know LDR is 3rd on the list, but fcck that guy.

RB, I thought Thompson had some flashes and did better than I expected, but it didn't expect the unit to look so bad. A good bit of that was the OLine, but they still looked bad.

WR, looked pretty good, except for the slot. TE were quiet too.

Defense as a whole needs to learn how to tackle. Two nice pick 6's, but a real bad blown coverage early. Defense is not near as good as we were hoping.

I think Nuss just needs to go. The scripted plays have some good results, but after that, Nuss just sucks. Mac needs to take over the duties and either demote or fire Nuss. Despite a blocked punt by a walk on, ST is still pretty garbage. Not sure how much the debit card situation was a distraction, but that situation needs to be handled and moved on from. Embarrassing display, no way to spin it or look at it positively. Completely ill-prepared team.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good God, essentially a Frosh plays for 30 minutes and has us in the game still, fumbles on an effort play and we're pulling him for some running mercenary which changes the play packages for an OLine already getting their clock cleaned by a bigger and stronger DLine :lmao2:. Again, we should play the bigger kid and arm for 3 games and assess his growth and reduced mistakes before freaking out into the revolving QB syndrome. Mac/Nuss flat suck at in game management and counter adjustments. They are proving you can take limited talent and teach them how to curl up in the fetal position or ruin their confidence curve. They have officially proved to be BSers just riding the money train until it stops. IMHO.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin or whatever his name is needs to call Mac into his office this morning and tell him that if Nuss is not removed from his position as coordinator, I'm not calling him offensive coordinator because he has no clue about offense, you will be removed from your position as head coach.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was bad enough that I recall it vividly and I was only 12 years old. We had Tyrone Young out there behind center at one point. Close your eyes and imagine Manute Bol in a football uniform, scrambling for his life! :lol:

I remember it well. My freshman year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a few thoughts as I just got back from a post game party that turned into an Irish Wake ***** fest:

4. Doug Nussmeier is a complete waste of a human body using needed oxygen for the rest of the planet.
5. Franks looked so unprepared I'm shocked he didn't throw at least a pick and it did cause him to lose two fumbles.

Number 4 is the one that is burnin' my azz right now. Which is going to be why 5 is taking place.

All your other items appear legit as well

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I had a pretty good day today. Had a few beers and got to hang out with friends and family. So, I'm not ready to let the shyt show ruin my time.

As for the game, I will give the OLine a bit of a break. This is going to be the best DLine they will probably face all year. I think they could have made some progress in the 2nd half similar to the LSU game, but we ran the Zaire stuff. Don't get me wrong, the OLine isn't good, but I don't think they are a steaming pile of shyt that they looked like today.

I think Nuss just needs to go. The scripted plays have some good results, but after that, Nuss just sucks. Mac needs to take over the duties and either demote or fire Nuss. Despite a blocked punt by a walk on, ST is still pretty garbage. Not sure how much the debit card situation was a distraction, but that situation needs to be handled and moved on from. Embarrassing display, no way to spin it or look at it positively. Completely ill-prepared team.

I feel the same way on the OL. I stated this in Cover's thread and this is my problem with the play calling. You cannot block 8 or 9 with 5. Plain and simple. Michigan ran a traditional 5-3 D with safeties run blitzing on almost every play. When Zaire came in he had a spy, plain and simple. MacNuss' inability to adapt and put an extra TE, FB, etc. is going to be and IS their downfall. We outsized their DL by 25-30lbs. We cannot do this area blocking, dink and dunk offense with this personnel. This game plan should have been simple......OL, TE, FB and move the D. Get them out of their alignment, then you can go with your shyt style offense. There is a reason Nussy has been canned so much. At this point I am no longer blaming just Nussy, off the wagon all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.