Ray Rice RELEASED from team: New video shows what a real tough guy looks like

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL almost certainly saw it. This reminds me of the concussion Tebow had against Kentucky - it wasn't the hit that knocked him out, it was slamming his head against a knee.

Her head hitting that rail was probably what did it. Surprising there wasn't any blood from a scalp laceration.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n45514 said:
The NFL almost certainly saw it. This reminds me of the concussion Tebow had against Kentucky - it wasn't the hit that knocked him out, it was slamming his head against a knee.

Her head hitting that rail was probably what did it. Surprising there wasn't any blood from a scalp laceration.

That's what I was thinking. Not that he should have put hands on her that way to begin with, but I agree with your assesment.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If the NFL didn't see this, the question is, why not? They had better hope there was a legal reason that they couldn't see it, because I can't imagine them not asking for it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What is really telling is his apparent total lack of concern for the well being of his unconscious girlfriend. He was dragging her around like a sack of potatoes and appeared more concerned about himself. I guarantee you he told that security guy that she was passed out drunk and hit her head or something to cover his ass. But what do I know. His coach says he's a wonderful human being. :rolleyes:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love the people blaming the girl for "hitting" him. He's a godd*mn NFL running back and he gets that upset when some damsel smacks him in the chest?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a terrible thing for Rice to do, made worse by letting her lay on the ground with onlookers coming and going. Why wouldn't he just pick her up and carry her to the room instead of letting her lay on the dang floor? If anyone asks, "she's drunk, sorry, too much to drink, we're gonna go sleep it off" instead of just letting her lay there. Regardless, it was ignorant and criminal to hit anyone like that, especially a man hitting a woman.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n45528 said:
What is really telling is his apparent total lack of concern for the well being of his unconscious girlfriend. He was dragging her around like a sack of potatoes and appeared more concerned about himself. I guarantee you he told that security guy that she was passed out drunk and hit her head or something to cover his ass. But what do I know. His coach says he's a wonderful human being. :rolleyes:
At one point, he even uses his feet to move her away from the closing door, like he's kicking a can down the street. This is just an ugly incident, period.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n45531 said:
It was a terrible thing for Rice to do, of course. But why wouldn't he just pick her up and carry her to the room instead of letting her lay on the dang floor? If anyone asks, "she's drunk, sorry, too much to drink, we're gonna go sleep it off" instead of just letting her lay there. Regardless, it was ignorant and criminal to hit anyone like that, especially a man hitting a woman.
Good question. Rice is certainly strong enough to have just picked her up and carried her back to his room, shrugging it off to anyone who passed as her just having one too many. There would have been no suspicion and the elevator video wouldn't have even been reviewed.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n45535 said:
Good question. Rice is certainly strong enough to have just picked her up and carried her back to his room, shrugging it off to anyone who passed as her just having one too many. There would have been no suspicion and the elevator video wouldn't have even been reviewed.

He was drunk and emotional at the time. Plus I'm guessing he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was more worried about grabbing her shoes than getting her off the floor. Put the shoes in your back pocket and carry her newlywed-style to the room. Put a sheepish grin on your face and say "some folks just can't handle their tequila" to anyone who looks at your sideways. And no, I have no experience with this kind of thing.
:suspect:
:whistle:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
They already looked like idiots. Rice admitted to what he did. They didn't need the video. In the end, to the NFL, taking an unsanctioned fertility drug (Robert Mathis) is a more grievous act than beating the hell out of a woman.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one concerned that you guys seem to already have a plan on what to do with an unconscious woman? :ugh:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
Am I the only one concerned that you guys seem to already have a plan on what to do with an unconscious woman? :ugh:
:lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor floating around now is that the Ravens will release Ray Rice.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n45607 said:
Rumor floating around now is that the Ravens will release Ray Rice.
Wouldn't be surprised. He's falling off as a player anyway. And I just picked him up, two days ago as 5th back just to have....guess I'll be dropping him now :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No way can they keep him after that is public. He's done in the NFL. That was a career ender at his age.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL is an evil self serving league that will never do the right thing. They will do the best thing, with best defined as what is best for their league. When you have had enough, stop buying tickets and paying for stadiums. Until then, you get what you pay for. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator