Rebuilding through recruiting

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We didnt thow a pass to the WRs at all until the 5th drive of the 2nd half. That is on the coaches. We just kept trying to do everything with RBs only for the most part until late in the game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We didnt thow a pass to the WRs at all until the 5th drive of the 2nd half. That is on the coaches. We just kept trying to do everything with RBs only for the most part until late in the game.

Why would you throw to your receivers? That's just malarkey!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't defensive recruiting be on Collins? Or what about Shannon who is supposed to be such a great influence in S. Florida?
Has there been any indication that Shannon has performed one single positive duty for UF? WTF are we paying him for? Has he even been working?

Fire this dead weight! Our assistants are a national joke.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone a few weeks ago was claiming that FIUs running back coach was doing a great job with our receivers. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

:rolleyes4:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Frickin Muschamp has 8 blue chippers for SC right now only one less than us and is 7th in the Rivals team rankings due to numbers. WTF - he is at SC with his terrible track record and is matching us right now in recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frickin Muschamp has 8 blue chippers for SC right now only one less than us and is 7th in the Rivals team rankings due to numbers.
He will destroy us in recruiting. The second year is almost always a coach'es best class. Last year's terrible class was probably Mac's best.

SHIITTY recruiters cant recruit. Nothing new here.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Kind of hard to throw to a receiver when you can't complete a 3 step drop without a DE on your heals.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we were way higher through our early games in 2014 also. I know through 3 games our total offense this year was neck and neck with 2014 and that included the game against Bama in 2014. We just need it to continue this season.

We were higher after 3 in 2014, we did an air show against East Michigan, and again the second half of Kentucky that year (only played 2 by week 3, due to cancelled game).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Powell is pretty good as well. But the drop is precipitous after that.

Powell doesn't fully look back from his knee injury, appears to be round cuts instead of making them sharpe... might be mental.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of hard to throw to a receiver when you can't complete a 3 step drop without a DE on your heals.

Not sure but I thought most of those passes to the RBs in the first 3 drives looked designed for the most part and not just safety nets. Heck we didn't even use the TEs until the 4th drive I think.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most of those passes to the RBs in the first 3 drives looked designed to me for the most part. Heck we didn't even use the TEs until the 4th drive I think.

We did have a designed middle screen which made no sense to me in the second drive in the 3rd qtr on 3rd down. The rest of the swing passes appeared out of need due to lack of protection, even in the first drive of the half for us.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon may not be a great assistant, but he was a hell of a good d coordinator at Miami. I'd take him as our coordinator over collins any day.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We did have a designed middle screen which made no sense to me in the second drive in the 3rd qtr on 3rd down. The rest of the swing passes appeared out of need due to lack of protection, even in the first drive of the half for us.

You got me curious so I went and reviewed all our plays on the first 3 drives of the 2nd half. I guess some blame needs to go on the players besides the play calling. On the 2 RB passes one was designed and one was a safety valve due to pressure. On the designed screen Cronkrite looked to have a nice gain if he juked the initial guy which he should have been able to do easily (I think it was a LB) but he just drops the damn ball instead.

Also the biggest thing that stuck out was some of those running plays would have been successful without player screw ups. Goolsby just had a brain fart and didn't even attempt to block the guy on that 4th down that was clearly his responsibility in that strange formation where he was behind the line of scrimmage in between the Tackle and either a TE or WR. That would have been an easy first down if he just gets his body in front of the guy instead of running past him like he is lost.

By far the biggest thing that stood out in those 3 drives and what got our RBs stuffed multiple times is Johnson is horrible at run blocking as a Guard it appears. One one play he pulled and takes on a defender already occupied while letting his responsibility shoot right in to get the RB. On 2 other running plays he got abused or confused also letting the defender shoot right back to the RB when the play looked to be successful if he just knew what the heck he was doing. It wasn't even funny how bad Johnson looked on those running plays when you slowed the tape down.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You got me curious so I went and reviewed all our plays on the first 3 drives of the 2nd half. I guess some blame needs to go on the players besides the play calling. On the 2 RB passes one was designed and one was a safety valve due to pressure. On the designed screen Cronkrite looked to have a nice gain if he juked the initial guy which he should have been able to do easily (I think it was a LB) but he just drops the damn ball instead.

Also the biggest thing that stuck out was some of those running plays would have been successful without player screw ups. Goolsby just had a brain fart and didn't even attempt to block the guy on that 4th down that was clearly his responsibility in that strange formation where he was behind the line of scrimmage in between the Tackle and either a TE or WR. That would have been an easy first down if he just gets his body in front of the guy instead of running past him like he is lost.

By far the biggest thing that stood out in those 3 drives and what got our RBs stuffed multiple times is Johnson is horrible at run blocking as a Guard it appears. One one play he pulled and takes on a defender already occupied while letting his responsibility shoot right in to get the RB. On 2 other running plays he got abused or confused also letting the defender shoot right back to the RB when the play looked to be successful if he just knew what the heck he was doing.It wasn't even funny how bad Johnson looked o those running plays when you slowed the tape down.

On a number of the running plays we needed to just line up and push, but the play calling had players like Johnson pulling. Or the line shifting, just get positive yards.

I didn't like the middle screen call, but Cronkrite should have at least gotten some positive yards out of it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On a number of the running plays we needed to just line up and push, but the play calling had players like Johnson pulling. Or the line shifting, just get positive yards.

I didn't like the middle screen call, but Cronkrite should have at least gotten some positive yards out of it.

I swear watching Johnson on those plays we should never call anything where the responsibility for him on a run play isn't right in front of him for the most part. He just can't process things on the fly it appears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator