REPORT: A new hire has already been made

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
tumblr_nphjmgC2Gp1rtmwk6o1_500.gif

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Locks gives us a competent interim also. If there isn't a homerun hire, I'd continue with Locks as interim rather than hiring another 21-16 pos.

Competent interim??? WTF are you talking about? The guy was 2-26 as HC at New Mexico. He may be a good recruiter relative to our current coaches, which is a pretty low bar, but all this talk about "Locks" being some kick azz coach and all the love you're giving the guy is over the top and very premature.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whoa.......easy there. Do I think Locksley would be a great addition, yes. Great recruiter, better than what we have. Can he help the offense, perhaps so. But if we are looking at him in the aspect that he'll be a great interim to take over if Mac gets canned??? Absolutely not. I am just as critical of Mac and the current state but a guy with a 3-31 HC coaching record, no way. There are some that are just good coordinators/recruiters but shytty head coaches (i.e see Wil Muschamp, Lane Kiffin, etc.). If Mac did get the ax I'd be more inline with Shannon taking over until a NEW coach is hired. I am sure they're hiring this guy for what he can do now rather than what if someone gets axed. Can Locksley become a good HC one day, perhaps. But there's a reason he is at Bama as a analyst. Has he been in conversation for new HC gigs? Nothing notable in the media about it. It is because of what he can do other than calling the shots. Bring him in and he'll be welcomed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Most of the time the co-coordinator and assistant head coach titles don't actually mean anything. It's simply a way of getting around a buyout. Most assistant coaches and even analysts have a buyout if they leave before their contract ends. However, the contract usually stipulates that the buyout is waived if the coach leaves for a higher ranking job.

Oklahoma State and Texas are actually in a lawsuit over this very thing right now. Oklahoma State is asserting that if he isn't calling plays then he isn't actually a coordinator in any sense of the word.

Shannon has the co-coordinator title because that way he didn't have to pay Arkansas a buyout. He was a linebackers coach at Arkansas. At Florida he is the linebackers coach and the "co-coordinator". It's all smoke and mirrors. In reality, Collins was the defensive coordinator and Shannon was the linebackers coach.

If our new coach is given a co-coordinator title it will most likely just be due to the buyout. I seriously doubt we would have two guys trying to run the same show. Too many cooks.
So you are saying we should just shoot Nusschamp and dump his body in a swamp, is that what Im hearing?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Competent interim??? WTF are you talking about? The guy was 2-26 as HC at New Mexico. He may be a good recruiter relative to our current coaches, which is a pretty low bar, but all this talk about "Locks" being some kick azz coach and all the love you're giving the guy is over the top and very premature.
Competent means he is not a CoCaine and he isnt fvkking Nusschamp.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Can anyone confirm Locksley coming here yet? I want to be excited but I still remember that time we were supposed to get the WR coach from Oregon.

My guess is nothing will be officially announced until after bowl game like Mac has been saying, but there does seem to be a ton of smoke with this rumor. He would be an upgrade as far as recruiting is concerned and maybe we'd start so see some results immediately, like in this class. Should definitely see some results in the classes in the next couple years.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read the thread T linked again. Said Mac has talked to Cristobal. If we pull that off, I would be very stoked. Keep in mind that Mac has made good replacement hires, he just seems too loyal once hired. He put together a makeshift staff. They should have been grateful for the opportunity and busted ass. Shannon, and a couple other original hires have done a decent job. Need three good hires this off season.

Edit: if we do get Cristobal, is it too late for Leatherface to reconsider?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Word is, this is the Locksley we're talking to:

Attachments

• IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 193

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Read the thread T linked again. Said Mac has talked to Cristobal. If we pull that off, I would be very stoked. Keep in mind that Mac has made good replacement hires, he just seems too loyal once hired. He put together a makeshift staff. They should have been grateful for the opportunity and busted ass. Shannon, and a couple other original hires have done a decent job. Need three good hires this off season.

Edit: if we do get Cristobal, is it too late for Leatherface to reconsider?
I'd be shocked if we ended up with him.

[GIPHY="shocked"]https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7TKuIUNJj2GdeNBC/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator