REPORT: A new hire has already been made

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad other people got to it before I could. :lol: There was also that little incident where he punched one of his assistants and was suspended for it
Hell, I hope he donkey punches Nusschamp and kicks him out of the OCs office. He sure as hell wont produce a 127th ranked offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Too murky.....please clarify.....
I know, right? Like I havent made this point before, probably 100 times yet people act like they dont understand my point. Hell, its the exact same I said with Durkin last time when it became clear we werent willing to pay for a first or even second rate coach.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
JFC it was New Mexico... at a time that the WAC decided to self destruct and when they were serious question where their football program was even going to continue. Belichick with Saban and SOS as coordinators ciuldnt win there. Was it a bad choice to take the job? Sure but you may have not heard but many southern schools dont seem to hire black men.

He is a competent play-caller and one of the best recruiters on the staff of great recruiters.

And he is not a GD Caine. Id rather see us rehire Zook as a interim than a caine and everyone knows I dont like Zook.

Do people really want a cocaine as the interim?

I also said keep an interim if necessary but dont rush into another terrible fvkking rushed hire, even if it means waiting a year ala Ohio St.

Yes, it was New Mexico...which means they were competing against New Mexico level programs. Locksley's predecessor managed to have the Lobos bowl eligible for 7 straight seasons through the 2007 season and he managed to win at least 4 games every year. Locksley's successor was a guy who had been out of coaching for over a decade (I.e.- NO RECRUITING CONTACTS AND NO NAME RECOGNITION WITH HIGH SCHOOL KIDS) yet he has managed to win a minimum of 3 games every year and led them to a 9-4 record this season...so your "JFC its New Mexico" defense doesn't hold water. The bottom line is that your boy "Locks" managed to WIN ONE GAME in each of his first two seasons and 0 games in his abbreviated 3rd stanza before he was fired. That record doesn't seem to square with the description of being "competent" as a head coach. Maybe he's a decent recruiter...I'm not debating that. I do know that his play calling at NM produced on average less than one win per season during his 2+ years as the HC and to tap him as the interim HC at UF is laughable.

Playing the race card is just plain stupid. And no, it wasn't a bad choice for Locksley to take that job. They had a average team when he was hired (he left it much worse), there weren't other programs beating his door down to hire him as a HC (for now obvious reasons) and he got a contract worth something like $3.5m over 5 years. Good move for Locksley, not so good for the Lobos.

I'm also not sure what Randy Shannon has to do with this. I've never called for him to be interim anything as I was never one of the posters on the Shannon bandwagon. Bringing Zook back as an assistant HC for recruiting alone would be a major upgrade to the current recruiting staff but probably wouldn't happen so long as Foley still has an office in the building.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, I hope he donkey punches Nusschamp and kicks him out of the OCs office. He sure as hell wont produce a 127th ranked offense.
Dude, the guy has won 3 games TOTAL out of more than 30 as a head coach. 3! You can't use the small, sh*tty program excuse for him but dismiss it for Mac's time at CSU.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Dude, the guy has won 3 games TOTAL out of more than 30 as a head coach. 3! You can't use the small, sh*tty program excuse for him but dismiss it for Mac's time at CSU.

While at New Mexico he was involved in a scandal where he supposedly sexually harassed an administrative assistant, another where he choked and punched an assistant coach and yet another where his son's girlfriend was arrested after a "recruit" was arrested for DUI in a car registered to Locksley himself.

http://athlonsports.com/columns/national-notebook/mike-locksley-worst-coach-ever

He has as many scandals as wins. The link is to an article on Athlon's site titled Mike Locksley: The worst coach ever?

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in this discussion for the potential address book opportunities and a little non-violation deviance to mitigate our love fest with sucking hind tit on the trail.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind having him as a recruiter. But I would never want him to head coach my program. He's a walking Time bomb.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When comes the thread = Report : A new firing has already occurred ....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holy balls, CSU beat Colorado about 50 percent of the time and had numerous 10 win seasons. They and Boise are the best of what left in the MWAC.

New Mexico has always been the shyt of the WAC. Its about like comparing Florida to Vandy. A bad coach at Florida or CSU loses 4-5 games and a good coach at NM or Vandy wins 6 or 7.

Do you even know what the subject is? I know you took a lot of shots to the head back in the day. I didnt say hire him as HBC and of course I would have been pissed if he had been hired. We are talking about an OC who doesnt have a resume including a string of 127th ranked offenses and an interim who isnt a damn Caine.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Holy balls, CSU beat Colorado about 50 percent of the time and had numerous 10 win seasons. They and Boise are the best of what left in the MWAC.

New Mexico has always been the shyt of the WAC. Its about like comparing Florida to Vandy. A bad coach at Florida or CSU loses 4-5 games and a good coach at NM or Vandy wins 6 or 7.

Do you even know what the subject is? I know you took a lot of shots to the head back in the day. I didnt say hire him as HBC and of course I would have been pissed if he had been hired. We are talking about an OC who doesnt have a resume including a string of 127th ranked offenses and an interim who isnt a damn Caine.
Other than the Sonny Lubick years, CSU has been a constant dumpster fire. You also can't use the WAC excuse for Locksley, because NMU was in the Mountain West starting in 1999. Locksley started there in 2009. Both programs have pretty much always been terrible. CSU's all-time winning percentage is .479 (507-554-33). NMU's all-time winning percentage is .458 (451-536-31).

Regardless of their respective alma maters, Shannon would be a FAR better interim coach than Locksley, and it's not even a fair fight. It'd be like Mike Tyson in his prime taking on Slevin.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im embarassed for you regarding this love affair with a fvkking caine.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
How in the world can you study one side of football all day every day, have access to decent athletes at a huge, famous SEC school and completely dik the dog ranking 110+ in offense every damn year. The incompetence of our offensive staff since Tebow left just boggles the mind. I think we could have hired Larry Culpepper and his rack of Dr. Peppers and ranked higher. I'm not kidding.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
How in the world can you study one side of football all day every day, have access to decent athletes at a huge, famous SEC school and completely dik the dog ranking 110+ in offense every damn year. The incompetence of our offensive staff since Tebow left just boggles the mind. I think we could have hired Larry Culpepper and his rack of Dr. Peppers and ranked higher. I'm not kidding.

Wow you should have watched to 2015-2016 Gators because you would've got learned:
1) Don't identify QB talent
2) Run off the only good QB you have
3) Don't develop the QB's you have
4) Don't adjust offense to the strengths of the QB you do have
5) Don't coach up receivers to run crisp routes or even proper routes
6) Remember show dogs don't block downfield
7) Keep your opponent guessing. They can't possibly expect you to run on EVERY 2nd down.
8) Have a knack for calling the wrong play at the wrong time.
9) In the redzone the field enters a different space-time continuum where the shortest distance to the goal line is the opposite direction.
10) In short yardage situations always pull a guard. Always! The longer the play takes to develop in these situations the better. But run the play out of the hurry-up for a proper feng shui balance.
11) Call passing plays 10 yards further than your QB has ever thrown the ball.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
[GIPHY="popcorn"]https://media4.giphy.com/media/l3vRau4ntzNFMZZKM/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.