Rivals 250 for 2018

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Cool. I think his dad, Uncle and grand dad played for us. That's like a super legacy and you pretty much have to take him even if he was the only 3 star we took that year.
His older brother was a stud qb in the tampa area a few years ago and we took kyle trask instead. He ended up at Syracuse. Legacy means nothing with these guys.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We signed twice as many 4*s as 3*s (15 to 7) but don't let that stop your #altfact narrative.

WHat are you talking about? You are jumping on me for no reason. He made a joke and I explained why the 3 star joke came about. I wasn't being negative just explaining how it started. You're acting like an ******* for no reason.

Let's hope Mac finds an offense or his one year wonder will be for naught.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
His older brother was a stud qb in the tampa area a few years ago and we took kyle trask instead. He ended up at Syracuse. Legacy means nothing with these guys.

Great point. I forgot about him. And he was a Gator lean and ended up at Cuse. Does anyone know what happened?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

Rex Culpepper, the stud QB in question, was a consensus 3* that was ranked the 43rd pro style QB and the 905th overall player in the nation. He is now a redshirt freshman and is expected to emerge from the spring as the third string QB at Syracuse.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Rex Culpepper, the stud QB in question, was a consensus 3* that was ranked the 43rd pro style QB and the 905th overall player in the nation. He is now a redshirt freshman and is expected to emerge from the spring as the third string QB at Syracuse.

The year in question Mac took a bunch of kids ranked in that range. Do you know what happened by chance?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Another site is reporting that Sitowski has not heard from nuss in a while. He will be checking out Miami.

Yikes.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Yes, our coaches are dumb as fvkk.

The year in question Mac took a bunch of kids ranked in that range. Do you know what happened by chance?

No idea. The Gators offered him even though he was not a highly sought after recruit. His senior year high school stats are pretty decent. It looks like a lot of schools initially offered and then backed off. He had offers from Clemson, Miami, Ohio State, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas and a boatload of others and ended up at Syracuse. It appears a lot of coaches decided he wasn't a viable choice.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was a hell of alot more decorated than Trask. And a legacy. Wich would you rather have, a 3000 yard passer from the Tampa area or a 1000 passer thats a back up from across the country?

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was a hell of alot more decorated than Trask. And a legacy. Wich would you rather have, a 3000 yard passer from the Tampa area or a 1000 passer thats a back up from across the country.

And he's playing for Barbers. If he's any goo, Barbers will harness it.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
There's no denying these numbers are impressive:
17 TD's vs 0 interceptions
73.4 % completions
152.3 senior QB rating

Especially when you consider he played on series rotation, not in mop up duty. I don't care if he was second string. He played well when in the game. I hope he wins the job.

The other stats I noticed:
4 fumbles, 3 lost - zero in his Sr. year
-11 or -16 yds rushing per yr for Fr-So-Jr, then +49 in his Sr. yr.
Also the QBR took a huge jump his Sr. yr.
>>>All of this tells me the kid learns, and got better. I'll take that as a positive. I also see where he's been on Varsity since his freshman year. Even as a backup, how many kids achieve that?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like a whole bunch of IMG kids that don't have UF listed among their favorites.

We need to land Barnes (the Apopka OT) and Tyreke Johnson (Jax Safety) among that group.

I'm not sold that we can land a Jacksonville kid.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm not sold that we can land a Jacksonville kid.

I sure hope we do.....for several reasons:

1) We need to get back into Jacksonville. This staff needs to have a better presence in our recruiting hotbeds. I like we're getting some Miami/south Florida kids, but Jacksonville has been our bread and butter for years.

2) We need to start landing 5-star kids, no matter the position of where they're from.

3) We need a dominant Safety.

This staff better put the full court press on Johnson.

Reading through that article was disheartening. So many of those kids were already a commit to other schools, many out of state schools too. Lots of IMG kids that seem to avoid us like the plague. Our staff needs to target a QB and get on his ass now. This is inexcusable. The Sitkowski kid seems to be an afterthought now....so who are we going after at QB?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/trio-florida-gators-recruiting-targets-the-opening

DAVENPORT, Fla. — Florida had more than a dozen recruiting targets competing Sunday in the Orlando regional for “The Opening,” an annual combine for the nation’s top recruits at Nike world headquarters in Oregon.

A trio of UF targets earned invitations to the big event: 4-star safety Amari Burney (Clearwater, Fla.), 5-star safety Tyreke Johnson (Jacksonville, Fla.) and 4-star offensive tackle Reuben Unije (IMG Academy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.