Roper's playcalling

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n52434 said:
That's not saying much. I thought he was a recruiting guru.

Perhaps I'm a little harsh. I always found it painful to hear his prospect interviews because he was such a UF homer. And that homerism surfaced in his predictions as well. Law points out Diggs and Agholor, and there were plenty of others. In short, if you listen to any interview that done by a team site(not Rivals or Scout), players are typically very courteous and gracious about being offered and recruited. Rarely will a 17 year old tell a grown up, "your team has no shot". That doesn't mean that they're UF leans or silent commits. He bought it every time when it was someone of great importance or that the staff was heavily focused on.

Agholor was going to Usc weeks before he announced. There were connections to the Kiffins, he'd always had them in the mix despite distance(see Ronald Powell for a comparable example), and there were people around him that were dropping hints, which ultimately made their way to sites like Rivals. Zach maintained his UF call up until signing day. Pretty sure he did the same with Lorenzo Carter. But as I said, there were numerous examples. It just got annoying to me.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actual Law if you ever bothered finding looking into something and finding out what you were talking about. You could go look up Zack's predictions on the crystal ball , he's regularly up close to 90%. Probably in the high 80's but close enough, and like usual the 5 dozen 5 stars is pure BS.And no SOFLA he didn't buy it every time, his first year he got burned, but the last couple he's been pretty damn good.But you are right about his interviews, they're about as good as his rapping.

Swamp A-S

Aug 22, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:
soflagator;n52187 said:
I'll repeat what I've said before, and not just because we're here. Zach is terrible.

As for the quote itself, you'd have to be a complete fool to think any OC has fully implemented his offense in the first season, much less the first few games with a fairly young/delicate cast. Even NFL OC's talk about gradually implementing a system over time, and that's with paid professional adults. I'm no pumper by a long shot, but I assure you that we haven't seen the entire offense at this point.

What do you expect from the guy who recorded this?

[video=youtube;Jtvszfqx3Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtvszfqx3Jw[/video]
Can anyone confirm that that is him?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
soflagator;n52187 said:
I'll repeat what I've said before, and not just because we're here. Zach is terrible.

As for the quote itself, you'd have to be a complete fool to think any OC has fully implemented his offense in the first season, much less the first few games with a fairly young/delicate cast. Even NFL OC's talk about gradually implementing a system over time, and that's with paid professional adults. I'm no pumper by a long shot, but I assure you that we haven't seen the entire offense at this point.

What do you expect from the guy who recorded this?

[video=youtube;Jtvszfqx3Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtvszfqx3Jw[/video]
We're 99.9% sure it's him. For one, he's from Gainesville. Secondly, that looks exactly like him. And thirdly, literally every time I've posted any reference to Crucial or put that video up on GSMB, it's disappeared within about 5-10 minutes. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.