Roper's playcalling

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorStud;n51540 said:
Compared to our nightmare the last half decade, I will say it appears Roper has a scripted plan of sorts versus the ole
m4KSe3c2R_Bd_pxDxo9SRuWj8AgX3D4xTA0-39mM4YMd3lflUUHnvoLkaeKbp7hKlWg=w300

I still really thought Trey was gonna throw it.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is no way in hell we win that game with any semblence of the offenses from 2010-2013. This game was Missouri last year, minus an offense that could rack-up 500+ yards, manage 29 first downs and actually put a few in the endzone. Plus, we have two bonafide SEC offensive studs in Matt Jones and D Rob, FINALLY. We definitely left some plays/points on the field, but this offense is decidedly better than anything in recent memory. The defense needs to get its **** together, and quick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n51528 said:
it only adds fuel to WM's fire that we need to be a ground and pound team. Because as soon as the game is truly contested and we're either tied or down, he reverts back to that old mindset.
This.

And this to the other but especially the first this.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Gator Fever;n51308 said:
Yep I thought it was smart to start pounding KY when we did. We probably lose the game if we didn't go that route.

So you agree that giving the ball to Jones repeatedly was a good idea?
:lol:

:popcorn:

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
G8RNGA;n51303 said:
Roper's play calling is fine. Some were booing the constant runs, but I think he was taking what the defense was giving AND putting the ball in the hot hands of Jones. I was hoping the runs would set up the pass and although that happened on occasion, it was usually a short pass and the receiver made a play. I saw WRs out running the defender many times and even wide open (2 WRs) in the end zone on the poor throw to Robinson. I think JD needs to improve what's between his ears. I don't think play calling helps that and it actually limits Ropers ability to call more of what he'd like if he trusted his QB more. I try to remember that JD is playing his second game since his injury a year ago. I'm hoping improvements will be seen this week from last.

People that boo when we run the ball are morons, especially when the ground game is working as well as it was in this game. Bimbo behind me at the beginning of our possession in the 3rd OT starting screaming, "THAT'S NOT GOING TO WORK!!!" the first time Jones got the carry. Three carries later, touchdown. :rolleyes:
Add that to the long list of why women shouldn't be allowed more than a safe distance away from their kitchen

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Execution was very iffy, especially in the 1st half. 2nd half I think we played better on offense but not defense.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Haven't we scored a hundred the first two games. I'd say we're improved. The fact that driskel statistically had his best game the other night tells us something.
Was Driskel back there at safety during those blown coverages for long passing TD? I must have missed that...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n51640 said:
Was Driskel back there at safety during those blown coverages for long passing TD? I must have missed that...
If the water boy spills the Gatorade......it's Driskel's fault damn it !!!!
Seriously though, the safeties will get better with game reps.....except Gorman. Please put Washington or Harris in there for the love of god !!!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n52170 said:
Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi
Roper on saving plays/packages: "To become a good offense, you need to be repetitive. ... Last week, I promise I wasn't hiding anything."

If he wasn't hiding anything we may be in trouble. I just don't see all those short passes to the flats being real successful as we move up in competition. I really hope he was fibbing when it comes to Driskel and the zone reads or that may just be Driskel mostly.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Roper on saving plays/packages: "To become a good offense, you need to be repetitive. ... Last week, I promise I wasn't hiding anything."

Did Zach check to make sure Roper didn't have his fingers crossed?
I can neither confirm or deny that. He may or may not also have given a comically obvious wink.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I'll repeat what I've said before, and not just because we're here. Zach is terrible.

As for the quote itself, you'd have to be a complete fool to think any OC has fully implemented his offense in the first season, much less the first few games with a fairly young/delicate cast. Even NFL OC's talk about gradually implementing a system over time, and that's with paid professional adults. I'm no pumper by a long shot, but I assure you that we haven't seen the entire offense at this point.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n52187 said:
I'll repeat what I've said before, and not just because we're here. Zach is terrible.

As for the quote itself, you'd have to be a complete fool to think any OC has fully implemented his offense in the first season, much less the first few games with a fairly young/delicate cast. Even NFL OC's talk about gradually implementing a system over time, and that's with paid professional adults. I'm no pumper by a long shot, but I assure you that we haven't seen the entire offense at this point.

What do you expect from the guy who recorded this?

[video=youtube;Jtvszfqx3Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtvszfqx3Jw[/video]

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n52173 said:
If he wasn't hiding anything we may be in trouble. I just don't see all those short passes to the flats being real successful as we move up in competition. I really hope he was fibbing when it comes to Driskel and the zone reads or that may just be Driskel mostly.

I'd disagree with this. With Mullen, we ran much of the same 5-10 basic plays and were successful because we had talented players that bought in, were coached up correctly, and had supreme confidence, which started at the top. That's what makes a team successful.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52173 said:

I would say that he has shown almost all of the offense. However, that doesn't mean our guys have executed properly. Driskel connects on some of the deep passes makes the defense play differently. He makes better zone reads then he will gash them and keep them honest. Just like he says, this team needs the experience that comes with repetition so they can get it down.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
soflagator;n52187 said:

Crucial!!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
soflagator;n52187 said:

.......................................................................wow.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Think once Driskel keeps on the option and rips off crucial 10+ yards and the tackle pile feels good, that'll turn loose
the QB run option. I think JD has only been hurt back trying to pass where he stands planted at the impact. ??
Go Gtors ! Grow Gators. Learn faster.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont see the explosiveness in driskel that he had in the early part of 12 against teams like a&m. When he ran he did it with confidence and was quick off the first step. Right now it looks like he is moving in slow motion when he tries to scramble. Dont know if the injury has limited his gidde-up but he seems to have lead weights in his shoes so far. I dont have much faith at all in him pulling the read option for a keeper and getting up field. I hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator