NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
soflagator;n52187 said:
I'll repeat what I've said before, and not just because we're here. Zach is terrible.

As for the quote itself, you'd have to be a complete fool to think any OC has fully implemented his offense in the first season, much less the first few games with a fairly young/delicate cast. Even NFL OC's talk about gradually implementing a system over time, and that's with paid professional adults. I'm no pumper by a long shot, but I assure you that we haven't seen the entire offense at this point.

What do you expect from the guy who recorded this?

[video=youtube;Jtvszfqx3Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtvszfqx3Jw[/video]
It's a good thing he changed professions. :facepalm:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If any of you think he's shown the entire O your crazy. SOFLA is absolutely correct in his statement. We haven't seen any slants, screens, diamond formations, pistol formation that they were practicing in spring and fall. As SOFLa said they bring it in slowly,Hell they haven't even pushed the tempo yet.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not certain that we've seen everything so far, but I do know a lot of modern offenses are really just variations off of about 6-8 plays....just different options out of different formations make it seem like a lot more. I heard a lot of the up tempo stuff consist of no more than 3 or 4 plays with options like Oregon and Auburns.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Concrete Helmet said:
I'm not certain that we've seen everything so far, but I do know a lot of modern offenses are really just variations off of about 6-8 plays....just different options out of different formations make it seem like a lot more. I heard a lot of the up tempo stuff consist of no more than 3 or 4 plays with options like Oregon and Auburns.
I think your right on here other than 1-3 plays you may add in that you think will give the defense you go against each week problems.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n52188 said:

Just awful. His recruiting predictions were equally embarrassing.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n52407 said:
Just awful. His recruiting predictions were equally embarrassing.

Sofla, were you from GSMB also ? I thought this guy was some kind of cult hero over there. At least from the way Ox talks about him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was better than the two ancient drunks.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
soflagator;n52187 said:
I'll repeat what I've said before, and not just because we're here. Zach is terrible.

As for the quote itself, you'd have to be a complete fool to think any OC has fully implemented his offense in the first season, much less the first few games with a fairly young/delicate cast. Even NFL OC's talk about gradually implementing a system over time, and that's with paid professional adults. I'm no pumper by a long shot, but I assure you that we haven't seen the entire offense at this point.

My opinion just went lower another notch... Pathetic

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Law98gator;n52432 said:
He was better than the two ancient drunks.

That's not saying much. I thought he was a recruiting guru.
He had some info there but just like the rest of them he would be wrong quite a bit. He did interact on the board some.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:
soflagator;n52187 said:

That's gonna come back and haunt him. . . for the rest of his life.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't used to bad. In fact he was at almost 90% on his predictions and had some good inside info . The last couple of years he's gotten Dooleyitis.Only a couple of things he's actually broken, most of the time now he's a couple of days or more late. Except for one day in the open practices , he couldn't be bothered to write anything, you'd get maybe 3-4 little blurbs at most.Thomas and Luke at 24/7 are much better IMHO. Of course now he's doing Gators in the pros , 1 HS game a week and the recruiting( supposedly) so I guess he's busy.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
sonomagator said:
He didn't used to bad. In fact he was at almost 90% on his predictions and had some good inside info . The last couple of years he's gotten Dooleyitis.Only a couple of things he's actually broken, most of the time now he's a couple of days or more late. Except for one day in the open practices , he couldn't be bothered to write anything, you'd get maybe 3-4 little blurbs at most.Thomas and Luke at 24/7 are much better IMHO. Of course now he's doing Gators in the pros , 1 HS game a week and the recruiting( supposedly) so I guess he's busy.
Sounds like the GS is getting their money's worth out of him.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n52452 said:

He's definitely a crucial asset to the GS.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n52434 said:
That's not saying much. I thought he was a recruiting guru.

He connects on his recruiting predictions less than Driskel does on medium or long passes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n52452 said:
He didn't used to bad. In fact he was at almost 90% on his predictions and had some good inside info.
90%? Hell, I can think of about a dozen 5 stars, starting with Diggs and Agholor, he predicted for us in the last three years and missed on every one.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n51265 said:
So how do we feel after the first 2 weeks? I see plenty of opinions about Foley, Muschump, Driskel, etc., but not much about Roper.

My personal opinion: so far he's greatly changed our strategy (but not the execution). Our offensive numbers are high for both passing and running, which is what many of us wanted at the start of the year. Some of the play calling is still predictable (it doesn't always have to be a run on 3rd and short), but we are mostly moving it down the field (few 3 and outs).

Any other opinions?

Execution is the phase that takes the longest to develop. Players have to learn how to work as a part of the unit. They play better when they learn each other's tendencies and as they build confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.