RUMOR: A QB won't be back next year

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Word around G-ville is Del-Taco won't be back on the team next year. There's also some chatter that he may become a grad asst for us.

Sep 29, 2015
Word around G-ville is Del-Taco won't be back on the team next year. There's also some chatter that he may become a grad asst for us.

Good move for all parties involved if true. Mac must have told him he wouldn't be part of the competition for the starting job and would be better served getting his coaching career underway.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely thought this was a "Franks is transferring due to Trask" thread.

Looks like I'll have to wait on that one I guess

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If LDR knows the playbook, he could possibly help out the young guys. But, please don't let him see the field again.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:bananawave:

All kidding aside, aren't we used to having QBs leave for one reason or another every year?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LDR has been healthy enough to play for a little bit. He came to Florida to learn to coach, he knows he doesn't have what it takes. Grad assistant makes perfect sense.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

If he remains as a grad assistant he will remain on the team. We have plenty of scollys as well. And using an offensive nickname is childish. I bet he wanted to win more than anybody on here did.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He came to Florida to learn to coach? Offense? I'll have what the horse mouth is having, bartender

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LDR has been healthy enough to play for a little bit. He came to Florida to learn to coach, he knows he doesn't have what it takes. Grad assistant makes perfect sense.
Needs to go somewhere else to learn.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of different ways this could shake out. I would think that if he's still in Gainesville next year it will be as a player not a coach. Why would he give up playing QB? To be a GA? Seems very odd if he still has eligibility left.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What a terrible idea. He can learn more and become a better coach by playing. He is not a UF level QB, but he could be a star in say the Ivy League or some other good D1AA program. There is not reason not to transfer to some place where they need a graduate transfer QB to complete there team.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of different ways this could shake out. I would think that if he's still in Gainesville next year it will be as a player not a coach. Why would he give up playing QB? To be a GA? Seems very odd if he still has eligibility left.

I think it comes down to how things played out. Bad knee injury and ineffectiveness. Most thought he was at best a one year stop gap.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm perfectly fine with this. He understands the game better than he can play it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think it comes down to how things played out. Bad knee injury and ineffectiveness. Most thought he was at best a one year stop gap.

He had to know Grier was going to be the man. He's a back up. That's all he was ever going to be here. Maybe graduating makes a difference. That twitter war was weird too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.