Rumors on Mac from other site

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is directly from a current player on the team (defensive guy)

1. Team morale was bad b/c Mac did not establish any sort of team hierarchy. Would sometimes let freshmen dictate things, would sometimes listen to upperclassmen with no rhyme or reason. I personally considered this an odd comment, but as this player indicated "you have to pay your dues" -- right or wrong, it rubbed players the wrong way

2. Strength and conditioning "sucks" -- his words, not mine. So that verifies what a lot of people here speculated (and what I incidentally disagreed with)

3. Mac provided no "leadership" -- he said that's why guys got in trouble. Mac was good at showing up and delivering pep talks, he was good one-on-one, but according to this guy he "did not put in the time" to consistently keep up with the players. Said he was sometimes "hard to find."

4. He confirmed that the offensive coaching is bad. He said the defensive guys talked about how predictable the play calling was. He also said the receivers are not being coached to run good routes - their coach is primarily a recruiter, not a WR coach. This just continues a disturbing pattern that another player who was a WR told me -- that under both Mac and Muschamp he did not really have a WR coach after Joker Phillips left. Confirmed Franks can't make more than one or two reads right now, but believes he will be a good QB - says he has a great arm and his "head is right."

5. Overall, he just confirmed what we all knew - the whole program was a train wreck. He said that in one day Randy Shannon got everyone energetic and excited again, but from what he said there are systemic problems that will need more than a short term fix (that's my opinion, not his).

6. Overall, he was also very positive about the defensive coaches. He thinks the defense is simply hamstrung because they don't have enough numbers. He confirmed that we have guys who shouldn't even be playing at Florida starting at key positions because of injuries. He's a defensive player, so probably biased lol
sflagator, Today at 4:10 PM

This came from a place with a swamp and emissions from it.

I don't know if it is even real, but if so it shows that mac should have been fired for cause some time ago.

Comment as you desire.

clear.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's flat-out embarrassing how bad of a coach Jim McElwain was. UF should have fired him for cause and not given him one cent. The guy just wanted to show up and collect his 4 million.

Also, no S&C worth a crap and no WR's coach. It's beyond belief.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It's flat-out embarrassing how bad of a coach Jim McElwain was. UF should have fired him for cause and not given him one cent.
I almost take it as a total troll job by Stricklin to allow him to walk away with only a million knowing damn well he had to send it straight to CSU.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
and yes, Mac is a total fraud. It's clear as day there was zero discipline or leadership. Most coaches who leave I'm like whatever good luck. I don't care about mac and I don't care if he ever lands on his feet.

Good riddance

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is directly from a current player on the team (defensive guy)

1. Team morale was bad b/c Mac did not establish any sort of team hierarchy. Would sometimes let freshmen dictate things, would sometimes listen to upperclassmen with no rhyme or reason. I personally considered this an odd comment, but as this player indicated "you have to pay your dues" -- right or wrong, it rubbed players the wrong way

2. Strength and conditioning "sucks" -- his words, not mine. So that verifies what a lot of people here speculated (and what I incidentally disagreed with)

3. Mac provided no "leadership" -- he said that's why guys got in trouble. Mac was good at showing up and delivering pep talks, he was good one-on-one, but according to this guy he "did not put in the time" to consistently keep up with the players. Said he was sometimes "hard to find."

4. He confirmed that the offensive coaching is bad. He said the defensive guys talked about how predictable the play calling was. He also said the receivers are not being coached to run good routes - their coach is primarily a recruiter, not a WR coach. This just continues a disturbing pattern that another player who was a WR told me -- that under both Mac and Muschamp he did not really have a WR coach after Joker Phillips left. Confirmed Franks can't make more than one or two reads right now, but believes he will be a good QB - says he has a great arm and his "head is right."

5. Overall, he just confirmed what we all knew - the whole program was a train wreck. He said that in one day Randy Shannon got everyone energetic and excited again, but from what he said there are systemic problems that will need more than a short term fix (that's my opinion, not his).

6. Overall, he was also very positive about the defensive coaches. He thinks the defense is simply hamstrung because they don't have enough numbers. He confirmed that we have guys who shouldn't even be playing at Florida starting at key positions because of injuries. He's a defensive player, so probably biased lol

I don't know if it is even real, but if so it shows that mac should have been fired for cause some time ago.

Comment as you desire.

clear.png
Thanks for sharing

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Obviously we don't know the full story about the specifics presented here, but based on what we Gators have witnessed these past 2 plus years. the flavor seems about right. And it left a bad taste in my mouth. To be honest, Gator friends., I fume every time I think about JM and the man who hired him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Comment as you desire.

clear.png

The guy that posted that is legit. He's a lawyer/agent and posts there regularly. I'd take 99% of that as truth (but honestly, we pretty called most of that here at g-chatter).

Randy Shannon was just on Paul Finebaum. He's doing a great job, especially considering what we've dealt with the last 2.5 seasons. I hope this team comes out ready to play Saturday. Missouri has a legitimate offense, so if we fall behind we all know that this offense can't get into a shootout.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lost a lot of credibility with this statement.
He is a fvkking redshirt freshman!

Who had a nonsense babbling moron head coach and a tipsy OC. A freshman who is forced to run plays so obvious that we make fun of it in the chatbox and can guess with about 80% accuracy. He is Driskeling some (dropping his head and panicking) but it isnt his default mode. He may never develop but Danny Wuerrfel sucked as a RS freshman too with MUCH better coaching and playcalling.

As for the rest, just more of what we all saw. How hard is to know the s&c sucks when most of the kids are the same size as in HS?

Im jist glad we tossed that Beavertoothed fool overboard and didnt let him further destroy the program.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Driskel was god awwwwwwful and was amazing with literally one summer of coaching with Skip Holtz.

Mac and Nuss simply ****ty coaches

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
He played for Champ and sucked the whole time. I'm saying he leaves and miraculously is very good.

Same can happen for franks. get a good coach in and he may actually develop.

Ah okay didnt know where you were going with that but yes i agree

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel was god awwwwwwful and was amazing with literally one summer of coaching with Tony Petersen
FIFY. Petersen is a wizard.

Tony also put made 2 star Chad Pennington and Byron Leftwich millionaires.

Ive always wondered why he never quite hits the bigtime.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who had a nonsense babbling moron head coach and a tipsy OC.

Law, I've seen it mentioned.....but what's this story? Is there something out there about Nussmeir boozing? If so, that's unbelievable. I just figured he was an all-around bad coach who got lucky landing a few high paying coaching gigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator