Rumors on Mac from other site

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is a fvkking redshirt freshman!

Who had a nonsense babbling moron head coach and a tipsy OC. A freshman who is forced to run plays so obvious that we make fun of it in the chatbox and can guess with about 80% accuracy. He is Driskeling some (dropping his head and panicking) but it isnt his default mode. He may never develop but Danny Wuerrfel sucked as a RS freshman too with MUCH better coaching and playcalling.

Add to it that the only patterns his receivers can run with any kind of proficiency are fly patterns. Honestly, you'd have to go back to the 50s to find a Gator team that was coached worse offensively. He made Will Mushchamp, Lynn Amadee and Doug Dickey look like masterminds.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It must have to do with adjusting to the speed of the game.

I don't think so. I think it has more to do with priorities. When your priority is DON'T YOU DARE MAKE A MISTAKE on a throw, then you get little errors constantly. If you praise guys for taking a sack or throwing the ball out of bounds they take less risk. Good offenses take some risks, have some turnovers, but produce points. UF's QBs since at least Tebow have had Hippocratic Oath coaching. So they start out assessing where there is the danger of a turnover and never really have time to see where a play might be developing.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm worried about this. Frost has made a big deal at UCF about his position coaches getting paid for the great job they are doing. He's even taken less money so more goes into theirs. If UF goes cheap on position coaches like they normally do, it could turn him off.

Yeah, what's that old saying being preached since childhood... 'you get what you pay for'. You would think being a center for learning we would get it by now. :grin:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So....everyone is finally telling the truth about how MacBarbequeBalls didn't like to work. It's pretty unbelievable that this was the guy "The Great Jeremy Foley" chose to bring our program back! F*ck both of those drunks...Good Riddance!!!

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That could be real info. I have only one problem with it. If you'd asked me, way before the firing, to write a point by point diagnosis of what was wrong with the program, it would have looked almost exactly like that. And here's the rub. I don't know squat about football. A lot of us could have written the very same thing. Maybe when you watch a train wreck in slow motion, things are easy to figure out.

The only thing that mildly (only mildy) surprised me was that he was hard to find.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I can't say this is surprising. I've been reading a lot of this for 2 years from on a certain meesage board.

It's just interesting how many media type are now saying things like "well I guess we should have known all along and this is why" or "Mac was never a good fit from the beginning". Very original.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Meh, I'd like to see him with a real QB coach and a real OC and a better line before writing him off entirely. He's got problems, but he isn't the only factor there

I'd like to see him throw the ball away for no gain, rather than run out of bounds for a 5 yard loss.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
He is a fvkking redshirt freshman!

Who had a nonsense babbling moron head coach and a tipsy OC. A freshman who is forced to run plays so obvious that we make fun of it in the chatbox and can guess with about 80% accuracy. He is Driskeling some (dropping his head and panicking) but it isnt his default mode. He may never develop but Danny Wuerrfel sucked as a RS freshman too with MUCH better coaching and playcalling.

As for the rest, just more of what we all saw. How hard is to know the s&c sucks when most of the kids are the same size as in HS?

Im jist glad we tossed that Beavertoothed fool overboard and didnt let him further destroy the program.

This sounds a lot like some of my Swamp Gas responses...BMF knows....couldn't agree more. I've said in the past that any fan today would never want Wuerffel on the field again after his 4 picks @ Kentucky as a RS Freshman.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'd like to see him throw the ball away for no gain, rather than run out of bounds for a 5 yard loss.

Yea, is like to see less mistakes too (btw, Grier and others did this a few times). Of course, in the A&M game he had a throw away or two and every bitched at those as well. Again, not saying he will be great, but writing a guy off with this staff is ridiculous

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm worried about this. Frost has made a big deal at UCF about his position coaches getting paid for the great job they are doing. He's even taken less money so more goes into theirs. If UF goes cheap on position coaches like they normally do, it could turn him off.

Even if he brought all the position coaches (I'm not saying he should), wouldn't a modest pay bump from their UCF salaries still be under what we're paying our current position coaches? Could be a win-win for both.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
No argument from me about the lack of QB development from the Mac Error, it's just those are plays that FR High School QB's make regularly.

He's got a lot of growing up to do for sure.....

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Defense doesn't matter when you are scoring 100 a game :grin:

image.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

It's amazing how simplistic so many of these coaches and AD's view this. Frost isn't just some tremendously benevolent guy who thinks of others first at all times. He's smart enough to recognize that in any performance business, his long term pay is going to be dependent on his team's overall accomplishments, which is directly tied to his assistants. So he gives up peanuts here and there, knowing that he'll receive ten fold on both his current contract, as well as his future employment. All the while gaining the reputation of a good guy who people should want to work for. That's the type of vision that we've lacked and desperately need.

I know the reputation is that we went cheap on assistants. But JM was making 4.5 per year. With any measure of common business sense(that notion probably went out the window with his CSU buyout, but still) he could've reduced his salary marginally and landed better support staff. Do that, and he may still be employed. Instead, like the clown he is, he either lets them be cheap on his assistants budget, or is downright cheap/greedy himself and as a result, is the goat of college football right now.

In short, I think the HC has more say in this than we often think. Stricklin isn't going to intentionally handicap his first big hire by not allowing him to bring in quality support staff. I truly don't see it.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
So....everyone is finally telling the truth about how MacBarbequeBalls didn't like to work. It's pretty unbelievable that this was the guy "The Great Jeremy Foley" chose to bring our program back! F*ck both of those drunks...Good Riddance!!!
Many of the posters on this board came to this realization fairly soon after McButt started at UF. But yes, now everyone else, including butt-kissing sportswriters are starting to come around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.