Rumors on Mac from other site

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
Serious Mac question. Was that bbq promo real? Was he seriously thinking of launching an artisanal small batch sauce with his wife? It didn’t look like a spoof. Before I rant about how that was a cause to fire, someone tell me if I fell for a spoof. TY

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I can't absolutely say for totally certain, but I heard that the BS artist formerly known as "Mac" was last seen trying to dump some really bad BBQ sauce for cheap on his way out of town. Pretty cool huh?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is directly from a current player on the team (defensive guy)

1. Team morale was bad b/c Mac did not establish any sort of team hierarchy. Would sometimes let freshmen dictate things, would sometimes listen to upperclassmen with no rhyme or reason. I personally considered this an odd comment, but as this player indicated "you have to pay your dues" -- right or wrong, it rubbed players the wrong way

2. Strength and conditioning "sucks" -- his words, not mine. So that verifies what a lot of people here speculated (and what I incidentally disagreed with)

3. Mac provided no "leadership" -- he said that's why guys got in trouble. Mac was good at showing up and delivering pep talks, he was good one-on-one, but according to this guy he "did not put in the time" to consistently keep up with the players. Said he was sometimes "hard to find."

4. He confirmed that the offensive coaching is bad. He said the defensive guys talked about how predictable the play calling was. He also said the receivers are not being coached to run good routes - their coach is primarily a recruiter, not a WR coach. This just continues a disturbing pattern that another player who was a WR told me -- that under both Mac and Muschamp he did not really have a WR coach after Joker Phillips left. Confirmed Franks can't make more than one or two reads right now, but believes he will be a good QB - says he has a great arm and his "head is right."

5. Overall, he just confirmed what we all knew - the whole program was a train wreck. He said that in one day Randy Shannon got everyone energetic and excited again, but from what he said there are systemic problems that will need more than a short term fix (that's my opinion, not his).

6. Overall, he was also very positive about the defensive coaches. He thinks the defense is simply hamstrung because they don't have enough numbers. He confirmed that we have guys who shouldn't even be playing at Florida starting at key positions because of injuries. He's a defensive player, so probably biased lol
sflagator, Today at 4:10 PM

This came from a place with a swamp and emissions from it.

I don't know if it is even real, but if so it shows that mac should have been fired for cause some time ago.

Comment as you desire.

clear.png

There are two levels of truth to be determined here:

1. Did the player say all of this?

2. Is it true?

A few other points:

A. A defensive player liking his coaches better than the offensive coaches especially when the offense has not been very good is hardly news.

B. I can not really think of any evidence seeping out of the program that people are not paying their dues. It is not a case where a bunch of upper class players have been supplanted by younger guys.

C. I have seen no evidence that UF's D wears down in the second half more than the plays they are playing merits. As for the offense, how would we tell if they were worn down, the production is the production.

D. Most players in college feel the head guy is aloof. In high school the squad was probably about half the size of the college squad and the now college player was likely the star or one of the few stars so the coach gave him lots of attention. In college you mainly see your position coach. At UF McElwain better have not been wasting time in D meetings when he had so much work to do on offense.

E. Primarily recruiting coaches is what this site has been calling for for years. McElwain did react to criticism so it is hardly surprising and maybe the fault of the fan base that the WR coach has been mainly a recruiter.

He sounds a lot like a typical football player in a 3-4 season. Football is not a fun game to practice. When you are not winning, football becomes a task. So I think this players comments provide little information and are pretty typical.

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
I can't absolutely say for totally certain, but I heard that the BS artist formerly known as "Mac" was last seen trying to dump some really bad BBQ sauce for cheap on his way out of town. Pretty cool huh?

Well it looked like he was making it in a saucepan on his stove, so there wasn’t much inventory to dump. I hope he lands at a good food incubator. Of course he lost his connection to the gator brand, but he was in the hot seat before he flamed out. He might have a future in the sauce.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're all wrong. Jeremy was right. It's just that he was right in the wrong life.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
E. Primarily recruiting coaches is what this site has been calling for for years. McElwain did react to criticism so it is hardly surprising and maybe the fault of the fan base that the WR coach has been mainly a recruiter.

I think we were asking for somebody who could coach and could recruit. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

CaGator91

Nov 16, 2015
Serious Mac question. Was that bbq promo real? Was he seriously thinking of launching an artisanal small batch sauce with his wife? It didn’t look like a spoof. Before I rant about how that was a cause to fire, someone tell me if I fell for a spoof. TY
That was absolutely a real thing. My guess is he might not even be interested in football anymore, and will just focus on that BS BBQ sauce business. Like there isn't enough bbq sauce in the world. I thought it was a real classless move by him to incorporate that whole thing into UF and sell it at the stadium. Really tacky. Surprised Stricklin allowed it to be honest

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think we were asking for somebody who could coach and could recruit. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

You might have been, but I have seen plenty of posts saying coaching doesn't matter that much at some spots, WR particularly, and we need recruiters at such spots.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The BBQ sauce deal was really a giant WTF...I can't believe we paid this jack ass all that money.

COY they said...first ever to win the SEC East in his first two years they said. Tied SOS for most wins they said.

Throatpunch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You might have been, but I have seen plenty of posts saying coaching doesn't matter that much at some spots, WR particularly, and we need recruiters at such spots.
Youre confused again. Its is Easier to pickup WR and CB positions. That isnt the same as saying a WR coach doesnt matter.

Hiring a RB coach from a directional school.and making him a WR coach at Florida was always a terrible idea.

However, I guess it saved a little money.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is a fvkking redshirt freshman!

Who had a nonsense babbling moron head coach and a tipsy OC. A freshman who is forced to run plays so obvious that we make fun of it in the chatbox and can guess with about 80% accuracy. He is Driskeling some (dropping his head and panicking) but it isnt his default mode. He may never develop but Danny Wuerrfel sucked as a RS freshman too with MUCH better coaching and playcalling.

As for the rest, just more of what we all saw. How hard is to know the s&c sucks when most of the kids are the same size as in HS?

Im jist glad we tossed that Beavertoothed fool overboard and didnt let him further destroy the program.
Just curious... how many years does it take to learn to not run out of bounds 4 yards behind the LOS? Is it Junior or Senior year? Just want to make sure we are all on the same page. Did the rule of throwing it away change too?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For all those self-righteous busy bodies pontificating (inside the family and out) on how our fan base is unrealistic and borderline psychotic, we can see crap and smell stink. The Noise in the system, only there, when you need it... fact is I don't remember much noise on the Championship runs, lotta cheering. :grin: Don't tell Championship Fans what it takes, just saying, we've been there.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Just curious... how many years does it take to learn to not run out of bounds 4 yards behind the LOS? Is it Junior or Senior year? Just want to make sure we are all on the same page. Did the rule of throwing it away change too?

It must have to do with adjusting to the speed of the game. You’ll hear the same comments about rookie QBs in the NFL. All of know they should do it, but it is different when the bullets are flying and you’re trying to look for a last moment completion.

Apparently they tried all sorts of tricks in practice to get Driskell to improve at that but he had trouble in real game.

I’m not disagreeing with you about what should be, just wondering out loud why it is so common.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hiring a RB coach from a directional school.and making him a WR coach at Florida was always a terrible idea.

However, I guess it saved a little money.

I'm worried about this. Frost has made a big deal at UCF about his position coaches getting paid for the great job they are doing. He's even taken less money so more goes into theirs. If UF goes cheap on position coaches like they normally do, it could turn him off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.