Say we win Tenn, LSU and ugly

WobbleGator

Chatterbox Mod
TheDouglas78;n60087 said:
I never said they wouldn't be favorites. At this point they should be. No O&B classes, just looking at the match-ups logically. LSU wasn't that impressive against Mississippi State or Wisconsin. South Carolina's best win is against Georgia where their Defense didn't show up either. Georgia's best win is against a questionable Clemson team, that should have beat FSU saturday night by 20 if it didn't continually shoot itself in the foot. Missouri who played horrible against Indiana. Right now we are a step below the not very good teams in the East, but we also do not know what is going to change on any of those teams who all indentity issues. I don't trust any of the mentioned teams right now. I would take Auburn or Alabama by 20 over any of them.

Stop with these logical posts doug. There is no place for them here.

NavetG8r

Stupid
Lifetime Member
GIGator said:
Concrete Helmet;n59893 said:
Learn how to coach. Here's something to chew on. Muschamp coaches the safety's and that's the 2nd worse position group on the field at this point behind QB. It would be easy to say that's because they are new starters. Well consider that Marcus Maye has been here for 4 years. Jabari Gorman has been here for 5 and they continue to be below average players despite coming in highly ranked. Consider also we have more highly recruited safety's than any program in the country. Yet we see what has happened there the last 2 weeks.
We also see a coach who names a starting QB before the season begins and sticks with him despite below marginal results without even getting his back up in a game that was lost midway through the 4th quarter. We still see more than an acceptable amount of stupid penalties and dropped passes by the same players. There are probably a handful of other examples.

So in response to your question, yes winning those games would help his cause but it won't save his job if he lose 3 more games this year IMO.

Actually, the Safeties didn't play real bad, as most people think. Poole was the weak link, most of the day. I can't believe we didn't call time out on that first TD pass, when Morrison was matched up out wide with one of the fastest players on their team. How do you blame the coaches when some of your top receivers drop perfectly thrown passes? No, I'm not defending Muschamp, but, I think the criticism needs to be accurate - there's plenty of that. Dunbar looked scared of Collins taking his head off. I have watched the game 5 times, a lot of slow-mo and couldn't believe have he almost crapped his paints right before the ball hit his hands. You could see him cringing, like he had walked out in front of a train. Too bad Worton broke his hand, because we need to give him a shot.
Go look at Thomas Goldcamp's tweets from yesterday, he showed a clip of Mushchamp jumping up and down signaling time out to the ref on the sidelines, they didn't see it and the ball was snapped. He tried guys.

GatorJB

Lifetime Member
Coach9 said:
Will see how it plays out. We need to win the games we are "supposed" to win. Maybe steal one from LSU if we get the secondary playing with some level of consistency.
I don't think a win against LSU is a "steal." They are a young team that is down from a year ago, and it is a home game for UF. This is as good a time as ever to be able to beat them.

Gator Fever

TheDouglas78;n60087 said:
I never said they wouldn't be favorites. At this point they should be. No O&B classes, just looking at the match-ups logically. LSU wasn't that impressive against Mississippi State or Wisconsin. South Carolina's best win is against Georgia where their Defense didn't show up either. Georgia's best win is against a questionable Clemson team, that should have beat FSU saturday night by 20 if it didn't continually shoot itself in the foot. Missouri who played horrible against Indiana. Right now we are a step below the not very good teams in the East, but we also do not know what is going to change on any of those teams who all indentity issues. I don't trust any of the mentioned teams right now. I would take Auburn or Alabama by 20 over any of them.

I agree there are weakness in the East but I think our problems may trump theirs too much. If we had a 2012 type defense this season we probably could pull off what we did that season by just playing ball control and not to lose on offense but with us having a 2007 or worse secondary it appears that isn't going to happen and we will have to score some points to win and we don't have the offense to get a 3 loss pre-bowl record like we did in 2007 with a similar situation on defense at least. I do think just changing QB's might get us an extra win or two however but I doubt Muschamp does it unless we lose to Tenn.

TheDouglas78

Lifetime Member
Gator Fever;n60104 said:
I agree there are weakness in the East but I think our problems may trump theirs too much. If we had a 2012 type defense this season we probably could pull off what we did that season by just playing ball control and not to lose on offense but with us having a 2007 or worse secondary it appears that isn't going to happen and we will have to score some points to win and we don't have the offense to get a 3 loss pre-bowl record like we did in 2007 with a similar situation on defense at least. I do think just changing QB's might get us an extra win or two however but I doubt Muschamp does it unless we lose to Tenn.

Our problems are our problems. Their problems are their problems. Just like polls shouldn't be taken until the middle of October, we really don't know anything about any of these teams. The coaching staff will either proove they belong or proove they don't belong in the next month. We will see, but there isn't enough evidence to say 2014 is lost for any of the teams in the East.

GatorJB

Lifetime Member
Muschamp will definitely be back next year if he wins the East or finishes the regular season with two loses. One of these options does not guarantee the other, which is why I put an "or" there. A three loss season probably gives him another year, but it isn't guaranteed because a lot will depend on how they lose. 4 losses and I think he is gone because this team should at worst have a 3 loss regular season; however, even if he doesn't necessarily need to win the East to save his job, he needs to at least win the East to earn support from the fanbase because we fans know that the East is down this year, and there is no reason why UF shouldn't win it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Coach9;n60075 said:
Will see how it plays out. We need to win the games we are "supposed" to win. Maybe steal one from LSU if we get the secondary playing with some level of consistency.

Hooray, it's 2013 again!

Just out of curiosity, which games are we supposed to win? And, while we're at it, which games--in the 4th year of a head coach's tenure at the University of Florida--are the games on the schedule that we shouldn't expect to win?

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Football is all about matchups and we didn't against Bama..... I think we will matchup well with our remaining games. Especially our home games.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Jake from State Farm;n60124 said:
Football is all about matchups and we didn't against Bama..... I think we will matchup well with our remaining games. Especially our home games.

Mizzou? I know the are beatable(as we just witnessed). But based on their ability to pass the ball, and our horrific secondary, outside of VH3, what would make you feel good about that one?

I kind of agree on the others. Usce and Lsu are both beatable, and we probably match up pretty well there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
ReelGatorDoc;n60143 said:
Ok, let's say we win the East...then come back and beat BAMA in the SECCG...would you love him then?

I think that kind of goes without saying.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
And what if we ran the table and obliterated Oregon in the NC game? How about then? What if we reeled off 130 straight wins, destroying every CFB record and became the greatest dynasty of all time? What about then?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Coach9 said:
Going into the season I liked us better in the LSU game. The play the last two games has eroded my confidence a hair. So far we have not been able to exploit other teams defensive weaknesses. And I don't know WTF has been going on in the secondary. We might need to be a little less multiple until we can execute on a consistent basis.

Gator Fever

oxrageous said:
And what if we ran the table and obliterated Oregon in the NC game? How about then? What if we reeled off 130 straight wins, destroying every CFB record and became the greatest dynasty of all time? What about then?
lol

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
oxrageous said:
We'd be able like the old days. Wouldn't enjoy the wins nearly enough. We want more style points! Winning is getting boring. When does basketball start?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
oxrageous;n60163 said:

I'd still be upset about the GSU game, and he'd enter 2015 on a very short leash.

TheDouglas78

Lifetime Member
oxrageous said:
Still wouldn't be Meyer or Spurrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.