Say we win Tenn, LSU and ugly

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n59907 said:
How many ways can we wrap the same package?

There's a "That's what she said!" joke in there somewhere.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
T REX;n59895 said:
bailing water on the titanic...

More or less. The reason I say he's gone with 3 more losses is at 7-4 we will make a bowl game but we cannot wait until after a bowl to start a coaching search. If we lose to UT the silent search will begin. I also believe that regardless of him being fired they will not announce until after the season.
No way, Munk. Because unlike previous years, if we get to 7 wins it will be BECAUSE of the offense NOT in spite of them. We will have to score a lot of points this year to get 7 wins.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
In reality, nothing has changed regarding WM's status since before the 1st game except we are 2 - 1.
You sir are correct. We are where 90% of us thought we wold be at this point, 1 loss.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n59991 said:
We are where 90% of us thought we wold be at this point, 1 loss.
While that may be true on the actual record, we aren't anywhere close to where we'd thought we'd be as far as improvement, and you damn well know it. We were lucky to beat UK and Alabama showed just how far away we are from being a top SEC team. We were flat-out embarrassed.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it really depends on the rest of the games. If we beat USC also and end up winning the East (even if we get clobbered by FSU and West Champion) then he stays. The reality is that in order to do that the team would have to show a ton of improvement. The QB play and safety play would have to be better.

Muschamp is not fired yet.. he is on his way out the door, but if he finds a way to turn the team around he will stay as coach. Based on what we have seen this year... I think that is unlikely.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n59916 said:
I said this earlier this year. The SEC has new QBs ALL OVER the league. That's why play hasn't been good. Particularly in the East. We have a veteran team with a veteran QB. Win the East. Or be fired.

That's it.

I completely agree with this statement.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n59893 said:
Learn how to coach. Here's something to chew on. Muschamp coaches the safety's and that's the 2nd worse position group on the field at this point behind QB. It would be easy to say that's because they are new starters. Well consider that Marcus Maye has been here for 4 years. Jabari Gorman has been here for 5 and they continue to be below average players despite coming in highly ranked. Consider also we have more highly recruited safety's than any program in the country. Yet we see what has happened there the last 2 weeks.
We also see a coach who names a starting QB before the season begins and sticks with him despite below marginal results without even getting his back up in a game that was lost midway through the 4th quarter. We still see more than an acceptable amount of stupid penalties and dropped passes by the same players. There are probably a handful of other examples.

So in response to your question, yes winning those games would help his cause but it won't save his job if he lose 3 more games this year IMO.

Actually, the Safeties didn't play real bad, as most people think. Poole was the weak link, most of the day. I can't believe we didn't call time out on that first TD pass, when Morrison was matched up out wide with one of the fastest players on their team. How do you blame the coaches when some of your top receivers drop perfectly thrown passes? No, I'm not defending Muschamp, but, I think the criticism needs to be accurate - there's plenty of that. Dunbar looked scared of Collins taking his head off. I have watched the game 5 times, a lot of slow-mo and couldn't believe have he almost crapped his paints right before the ball hit his hands. You could see him cringing, like he had walked out in front of a train. Too bad Worton broke his hand, because we need to give him a shot.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n60046 said:
Actually, the Safeties didn't play real bad, as most people think. Poole was the weak link, most of the day. I can't believe we didn't call time out on that first TD pass, when Morrison was matched up out wide with one of the fastest players on their team. How do you blame the coaches when some of your top receivers drop perfectly thrown passes? No, I'm not defending Muschamp, but, I think the criticism needs to be accurate - there's plenty of that. Dunbar looked scared of Collins taking his head off. I have watched the game 5 times, a lot of slow-mo and couldn't believe how he almost crapped his paints right before the ball hit his hands. You could see him cringing, like he had walked out in front of a train. Too bad Worton broke his hand, because we need to give him a shot.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Learn how to coach. Here's something to chew on. Muschamp coaches the safety's and that's the 2nd worse position group on the field at this point behind QB. It would be easy to say that's because they are new starters. Well consider that Marcus Maye has been here for 4 years. Jabari Gorman has been here for 5 and they continue to be below average players despite coming in highly ranked. Consider also we have more highly recruited safety's than any program in the country. Yet we see what has happened there the last 2 weeks.
We also see a coach who names a starting QB before the season begins and sticks with him despite below marginal results without even getting his back up in a game that was lost midway through the 4th quarter. We still see more than an acceptable amount of stupid penalties and dropped passes by the same players. There are probably a handful of other examples.

So in response to your question, yes winning those games would help his cause but it won't save his job if he lose 3 more games this year IMO.

Actually, the Safeties didn't play real bad, as most people think. Poole was the weak link, most of the day. I can't believe we didn't call time out on that first TD pass, when Morrison was matched up out wide with one of the fastest players on their team. How do you blame the coaches when some of your top receivers drop perfectly thrown passes? No, I'm not defending Muschamp, but, I think the criticism needs to be accurate - there's plenty of that. Dunbar looked scared of Collins taking his head off. I have watched the game 5 times, a lot of slow-mo and couldn't believe have he almost crapped his paints right before the ball hit his hands. You could see him cringing, like he had walked out in front of a train. Too bad Worton broke his hand, because we need to give him a shot.
Morrison was matched up with the Running Back, Though a running back with track speed (was recruited in track as well).

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:

Yeah, I know he was a RB, but, there was no way Morrison was going to cover that kid. Heck, Morrison can barely cover a fullback. They should have called timeout every time Kiffin put us in such a position of vulnerability and tried to throw him off of his game plan. If we had experienced DB's they would recognize when we are put in such a position and make adjustments or call time out. After what happened in the Kenturkey game, they should have seem that coming. Gorman should have recognized it and rolled his coverage over to take away the deep route.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n59887 said:
You still want champ gone? Just wondering what he has to do to stick around in some of y'all's minds?

I say 8-3 still just like I have since the Idaho game was dropped but I doubt there is any chance whatsoever to get there unless we beat Tenn and LSU - So if he loses either of those 2 games it is 100% done imo.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
GIGator;n60046 said:
Actually, the Safeties didn't play real bad, as most people think. Poole was the weak link, most of the day. I can't believe we didn't call time out on that first TD pass, when Morrison was matched up out wide with one of the fastest players on their team. How do you blame the coaches when some of your top receivers drop perfectly thrown passes? No, I'm not defending Muschamp, but, I think the criticism needs to be accurate - there's plenty of that. Dunbar looked scared of Collins taking his head off. I have watched the game 5 times, a lot of slow-mo and couldn't believe how he almost crapped his paints right before the ball hit his hands. You could see him cringing, like he had walked out in front of a train. Too bad Worton broke his hand, because we need to give him a shot.
Did you just actually quote yourself?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:

I agree with you on that Morrison shouldn't have been out wide on that play. Kid had track speed, at the least it should have been a safety, if not a corner.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
GIGator;n60046 said:
Don't know how that happened! I didn't do it. Well, these pain medications make you do weird stuff, so, can't say for sure. If I did, it wasn't intentional. Heck, I don't know! O_O

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winning will fix everything!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n60054 said:
I say 8-3 still just like I have since the Idaho game was dropped but I doubt there is any chance whatsoever to get there unless we beat Tenn and LSU - So if he loses either of those 2 games it is 100% done imo.

Tennesse should be a win (they have line issues on both sides of the ball, and with a week off). LSU and USCe are the two games that will probably determine the course of the season. South Carolina's defense is horrible, but Thompson when on can put up some points. LSU just has to figure out who they are, they seem a very disjointed team right now. Georgia who knows which Georgia team is going to show up, but that game depends on the LSU and USCe game. So by the time we get to Jacksonville, we will have an idea of where we truly are.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Will see how it plays out. We need to win the games we are "supposed" to win. Maybe steal one from LSU if we get the secondary playing with some level of consistency.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n60071 said:
Tennesse should be a win (they have line issues on both sides of the ball, and with a week off). LSU and USCe are the two games that will probably determine the course of the season. South Carolina's defense is horrible, but Thompson when on can put up some points. LSU just has to figure out who they are, they seem a very disjointed team right now. Georgia who knows which Georgia team is going to show up, but that game depends on the LSU and USCe game. So by the time we get to Jacksonville, we will have an idea of where we truly are.

Trying to look at it without O&B glasses I think Georgia and SC would be clear favorites over us due to their offenses and LSU would be favored because their defense could probably cause us a lot of problems with no passing threat and Missouri would be a danger to still outscore us.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like we're all on the bus in "Speed." Odds are, it's gonna blow up.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n60076 said:
Trying to look at it without O&B glasses I think Georgia and SC would be clear favorites over us due to their offenses and LSU would be favored because their defense could probably cause us a lot of problems with no passing threat and Missouri would be a danger to still outscore us.

I never said they wouldn't be favorites. At this point they should be. No O&B classes, just looking at the match-ups logically. LSU wasn't that impressive against Mississippi State or Wisconsin. South Carolina's best win is against Georgia where their Defense didn't show up either. Georgia's best win is against a questionable Clemson team, that should have beat FSU saturday night by 20 if it didn't continually shoot itself in the foot. Missouri who played horrible against Indiana. Right now we are a step below the not very good teams in the East, but we also do not know what is going to change on any of those teams who all indentity issues. I don't trust any of the mentioned teams right now. I would take Auburn or Alabama by 20 over any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.