YOU VIL NOT DISAGREE WITH ME! :beating:
0909651f14f8b340103dda62b5ed4271.jpg

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, I don't know why anyone would want to Coach at UF, work at UF or play for UF.

There is no light in the room.........

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Why did Greg Byrne not take the UF job?

That's the question that needs some answers.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He also hired Rich Rod at Arizona. So we could hope for that too.

Then he would surely satisfy those constantly calling for a "big name" hire regardless of whether or not such names are available, remotely interested or actually very good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The person walking got creamed. The car with the right of way, if going straight looked to take him out anyway. If turning left was flying too.
There was a special on that accident where that pedestrian got hit. Incredibly, the pedestrian was only lightly injured. The way the car flipped, it went over the person without crushing them. Miraculous, really.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
One thing that is almost incurable is laziness. I am afraid we hired a good case of that. You hear a lot about pb&j sandwiches but nothing said about working long hours. Recruiting requires lots of time and effort. One thing you have to say about UM is he recruited 24/7 while he was trying to win.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There was a special on that accident where that pedestrian got hit. Incredibly, the pedestrian was only lightly injured. The way the car flipped, it went over the person without crushing them. Miraculous, really.
Holy cow!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
One thing that is almost incurable is laziness. I am afraid we hired a good case of that. You hear a lot about pb&j sandwiches but nothing said about working long hours. Recruiting requires lots of time and effort. One thing you have to say about UM is he recruited 24/7 while he was trying to win.

Never mistake effort for results. I think Mac is trying but he's not high energy enough. The deep south isn't in his comfort zone. He's a pacific northwesterner. He belongs out west.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Why did Greg Byrne not take the UF job?

That's the question that needs some answers.

Just speculation on my part. I think Byrne was waiting on the Alabama AD job to come open. Bill Battle was 75 years old and had a diagnosis of multiple myeloma so I think Alabama was just waiting on him to step down and told Byrne just to hold out a little while and the job would be his.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The underlying reason he said no to Florida, according to sources, was his immense interest in coming to Alabama.

"He made it very clear that Alabama was his dream job," a source said.

But but but Foley built an empire of ALL SPORTS!

It doesn't always have to be that Florida sucks.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Didn't say anything close to that. But no one can deny Bama owns our ass. We got their leftovers again in Stricklin.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

No, but you might think that, all else being equal, the Florida job, given the financial condition of the athletic department, the all-around prowess and the nice weather yearround compared to Tuscaloosa, would have more allure. If it doesn't, the obvious question is how much did football impact his decision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.