Scott Stricklin and the future of Florida football

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
No, but you might think that, all else being equal, the Florida job, given the financial condition of the athletic department, the all-around prowess and the nice weather yearround compared to Tuscaloosa, would have more allure. If it doesn't, the obvious question is how much did football impact his decision?

Or maybe he has just always wanted to work at Alabama. Maybe he likes Tuscaloosa. It could be an affinity for the leadership style of the president at Alabama. Maybe his wife's family lives in the area.

There are literally an infinite number of possible reasons why he chose that job.

I live in Gainesville. It's not because Hawaii sucks. I just prefer to live in Gainesville.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Or maybe he has just always wanted to work at Alabama. Maybe he likes Tuscaloosa. It could be an affinity for the leadership style of the president at Alabama. Maybe his wife's family lives in the area.

There are literally an infinite number of possible reasons why he chose that job.

I live in Gainesville. It's not because Hawaii sucks. I just prefer to live in Gainesville.

I'd imagine that he thinks the job is flat out better. You can claim an infinite number of possible reasons but it is BS like most of your pumper propaganda. You're as much a pumper as I am a Negator(about Mac).

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we are going to hire our AD based on prior football experience then we need to be vetting this experience we're relying on.

I think the wiser method is to find a leader who is good enough in the areas that he must manage and allow those under him with more direct knowledge in the field much hands on to unique and special tasks like hiring/firing coachs. Or we could just a hiring committee. I'm not sold that one guy should be simply making the call. Especially with the number of poor hires we have had.

My hospital we have a CEO in charge of everything. If he was a former doctor would that be better? I guess marginally. Instead we have a Chief Medical Officer who is an active practicing physician. He is one step under the CEO. He has almost total control over the physicians in the hospital. Having someone who is a good multi-manager with good people under him, can handle different data and still make reliable decisions is what I think leads to the best outcomes rather than just looking for one 'attribute' in the top guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.