Seider putting the heat on Cook

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Cook or no, we certainly need some guys that can recruit. This guy sounds like he's in the game at least. How easy can it be to recruit to WV unless they already live in the area?

Apparently, WVU has lower admission requirements which plays into it as well.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wasted resources. Spend the time and money elsewhere. This is flat out stupid.

Random thoughts - The kid said he was "free and open to anybody." How many kids have been "100% committed" to a school and eventually flipped? NSD is ELEVEN MONTHS away. And just because his brother was a turd doesn't mean anything. My older brother was a jerk and I'm awesome.

So...
-We shouldn't waste our time recruiting out of state kids. Especially CA kids, they suck.
-We shouldn't waste time recruiting top talent FL kids.
-We need to stop settling for 3-star kids.

Who exactly are we supposed to recruit?

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I wonder if the Gators have ever lost out on a "legacy" player....a guy whose father, brother, etc played at UF but they decided to go to another school? Doesn't seem like it etched in concrete that someone's brother has to follow in his footsteps.

As CG said no two brothers are alike.....one troll doesn't necessarily equate to a second troll.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question Rex,

Do you think Clemson shouldn't have bothered recruiting Sammy Watkins?
Its not the same at all. Half brothers. Grew in different households. Not close at all.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I wouldn't put a ton into it but I'd stay in touch....Lots of sh!t can happen in the next 11 months....His position coach or primary recruiter could leave, Jimbo could leave, or perhaps the program actually get in trouble for some wrong doing....I know, I know, not likely.... but it's part of recruiting. You just never know what's in the mind of an 18 year old.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question Rex,

Do you think Clemson shouldn't have bothered recruiting Sammy Watkins?
I always wondered why WE didn't get Sammy. He was close to being a Percival Harvin.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously, you track Sitowski as long as he plays well. Have a back up plan in place. Cook? 2222. you of all people...should a lot of resources be spent recruiting him?
By the way, what's with all the big time RBs going to the Criminoles to begin with. Geez what a bunch of putzes :). I can understand avoiding the Chump but what is the dwarf's allure?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I look at it this way. We want them going after the 5*'s so why not. I like seeing the aggressiveness in a coach going after a player. We've been bytching long enough about our recruiting. We want top notch recruiting? Then we go after all of them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that sitkowski kid is top 5 in is incompletions and interceptions. Hes freaking awful. Why the heck he has any stars is a gawddang universal mystery.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I look at it this way. We want them going after the 5*'s so why not. I like seeing the aggressiveness in a coach going after a player. We've been bytching long enough about our recruiting. We want top notch recruiting? Then we go after all of them.
Perfect.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Never, ever, close a door on yourself.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, if this Lil Cook says he wants to commit to UF, do you toolbags seriously think we save a spot for him?

Lulz. Some of you never learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator