So what are you going to do at Noon Sat?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Got a new mower, going to introduce it to the grass!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Probably helping my folks dig out - limb blew a hole in their roof, and then the rain soaked the ceiling and it collapsed in the laundry room. They also had something break out the window of the car...that will be a mess. Power is still off, and dad in his 80s will still climb up on the roof if I'm not there (probably still will if I AM there..grumpy old bastid).

They are in Daytona mainland side...I don't know what to think about what beachside is going to look like.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Probably helping my folks dig out - limb blew a hole in their roof, and then the rain soaked the ceiling and it collapsed in the laundry room. They also had something break out the window of the car...that will be a mess. Power is still off, and dad in his 80s will still climb up on the roof if I'm not there (probably still will if I AM there..grumpy old bastid).

They are in Daytona mainland side...I don't know what to think about what beachside is going to look like.
Blessings to you brother. Hope all will be well with your parents. Stay safe. And keep the grumpy old bastard off the roof.... If you can..... I know my pops doesn't wanna listen to anything I have to say.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Good luck...hope everything works out.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Trampoline park... Tomorrow is national motorcycle ride day, so I'll take the gixxer for a spin.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be glued to the TV ... watching what Hurricane Matthew is doing to New Jersey.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be watching the Red River Shootout. Neither team is great, but niether can afford to lose. Barn/MSU is similar with less rivalry involved.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully we'll get power back later this morning. Not a lot of damage here at my brother' place. It could have been a lot worse. But we'll watch the games, power provided or find someone who does. We'll clean up a bit here and then it'll be food, football, and fun here in the Keystone area. Then fly home tomorrow. Hate the game being cancelled but it is what it is. I'll be back for USCe.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Firstly, I will say "Thank you" that I am not having to watch LSU opening massive running lanes against our D-line. then I will probably watch some football and will not even give consideration to hoping UT loses twice in the SEC this year, thinking we might not lose another game. All the LSU game being cancelled means is that I will have to wait until Nov 5th to watch ARK open massive running lanes against our D-line.
@FireFoley, could you direct me to one post that you've posted where you weren't a miserable pessimist spreading gloom? You seem to take every opportunity to proclaim all of the critical and negative thoughts you have. Perhaps you've chosen the perfect avatar to notify everyone that you're a huge sourpuss, but I'd love to see where you weren't this way so that I could have a more accurate perception of you.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well let's see...I'll be taking down the 3 water diverting structures that I built with over 100 edging stones to keep water from flooding the front of the house and cottage as well as trying to find a place to store the 3 dozen sandbags and dozen of expandable water barriers. Then I can begin to take all of the garbage cans and misc. crap back out of the cottage so that I can suck all of the water off the floor there that DIDN'T come from the storm but rather the toilet which over flowed due to the septic backing up, which by the way means moving everything that we store in the cottage out to do. Once I clean all that up and put everything away then I get to pull all the patio furniture out of the pool and put al the cushions back on, empty the fuel from the generator and haul it back down to the cottage as well as the 3 extra propane tanks for the grill that I bought for the storm. Then I can begin reinstalling all of the gutter guards that I hastily took down while trying to clean all the gutters before the storm hit....Once all of this is accomplished then I can clear the driveway of all the acorns, moss and broken branches from the trees that I tried to get cut DOWN BEORE the storm hit so that I can get my truck and go to the office to do a temporary roof repair on the roof that was scheduled to be replaced YESTERDAY AND TODAY.....But now will have to wait until next week....Then I get to try and catch up on some of the 2 days that I'm behind in work due to taking 2 days off to prep for the storm.
Oh well at least I won't have to worry about cleaning and detailing my car to take to the show that was cancelled...or being in a hurry to make it back for a noon kick off time.......

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

Be safe and take care of your Dad. Sounds like mine, who I lost in August. Enjoy your Pop while you can.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
@FireFoley, could you direct me to one post that you've posted where you weren't a miserable pessimist spreading gloom? You seem to take every opportunity to proclaim all of the critical and negative thoughts you have. Perhaps you've chosen the perfect avatar to notify everyone that you're a huge sourpuss, but I'd love to see where you weren't this way so that I could have a more accurate perception of you.

Fair enough, but obviously you do not read all of my entire few posts. For example after being brutally critical of and 2nd down call against Vandy, I lauded the staff for the very next play which was the 3rd down QB draw. It was a brilliant call, not b/c it yielded a 1st down, but b/c of the time/score/situation/position, etc. But to your point, I call it as my eyes see it. Look Football pays the freight for the entire athletic program and though I do not think we have to be the greatest team every year, I expect excellent quality of play only and game management. Why? B/C we are paying mid 7 figures to a guy who is SUPPOSED to go a good job. I should not have to pat him on the back when he does. That is his job. I do acknowledge positive things, but for the most part we have NEVER gotten our money's worth for any football coach than Foley singularly hired (no Foley did not singularly hire Meyer though he would beg to differ). So if you want me to be a typical blind O@B pumper who makes constant excuses, then that is not going to happen. When a coach does an excellent job at managing a game and has his team fundamentally sound, I will say so. Sadly this current coach has shown zero ability to do that. Simply put, I view the games with clear lenses and not just what the scoreboard or stat sheet show.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well let's see...I'll be taking down the 3 water diverting structures that I built with over 100 edging stones to keep water from flooding the front of the house and cottage as well as trying to find a place to store the 3 dozen sandbags and dozen of expandable water barriers. Then I can begin to take all of the garbage cans and misc. crap back out of the cottage so that I can suck all of the water off the floor there that DIDN'T come from the storm but rather the toilet which over flowed due to the septic backing up, which by the way means moving everything that we store in the cottage out to do. Once I clean all that up and put everything away then I get to pull all the patio furniture out of the pool and put al the cushions back on, empty the fuel from the generator and haul it back down to the cottage as well as the 3 extra propane tanks for the grill that I bought for the storm. Then I can begin reinstalling all of the gutter guards that I hastily took down while trying to clean all the gutters before the storm hit....Once all of this is accomplished then I can clear the driveway of all the acorns, moss and broken branches from the trees that I tried to get cut DOWN BEORE the storm hit so that I can get my truck and go to the office to do a temporary roof repair on the roof that was scheduled to be replaced YESTERDAY AND TODAY.....But now will have to wait until next week....Then I get to try and catch up on some of the 2 days that I'm behind in work due to taking 2 days off to prep for the storm.
Oh well at least I won't have to worry about cleaning and detailing my car to take to the show that was cancelled...or being in a hurry to make it back for a noon kick off time.......
Also putting everything back in it's regular place and restoring to normal condistions.. So much prep, but you have to prepare for a strong storm, even if you get lucky and it downgrades.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Fair enough, but obviously you do not read all of my entire few posts. For example after being brutally critical of and 2nd down call against Vandy, I lauded the staff for the very next play which was the 3rd down QB draw. It was a brilliant call, not b/c it yielded a 1st down, but b/c of the time/score/situation/position, etc. But to your point, I call it as my eyes see it. Look Football pays the freight for the entire athletic program and though I do not think we have to be the greatest team every year, I expect excellent quality of play only and game management. Why? B/C we are paying mid 7 figures to a guy who is SUPPOSED to go a good job. I should not have to pat him on the back when he does. That is his job. I do acknowledge positive things, but for the most part we have NEVER gotten our money's worth for any football coach than Foley singularly hired (no Foley did not singularly hire Meyer though he would beg to differ). So if you want me to be a typical blind O@B pumper who makes constant excuses, then that is not going to happen. When a coach does an excellent job at managing a game and has his team fundamentally sound, I will say so. Sadly this current coach has shown zero ability to do that. Simply put, I view the games with clear lenses and not just what the scoreboard or stat sheet show.
careful bro the vultures may descend on you like they did T. rex

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Thanks for the respectful reply. I won't continue on after this post, but I will reply for the sake of this little community and the rush to join one of the two rival gangs - 'pumpers' and 'realists.' I didn't bring up Foley or any football coach. In fact this thread is about what people would be doing right now. Instead of saying what you'd be doing, you created a negative narative (LSU opening massive running lanes against our D-Line) to complain about. Well, you complained about that fictional situation and its results. Then, you finish it off by 'consoling yourself' that you would get to 'wait until Nov 5th to watch ARK open massive running lanes against our D-line" - another prophecy of gloom.

So, instead of answering the questions, you twisted the question to gripe about the program over two gloomy predictions that may not even happen. One might not even have a chance to happen. ...and if they do happen, I'm sure you'll make sure the board doesn't miss them either. I ask you about it and after sorta admitting to it and citing one example where you were positive (thank you!), your forth sentence get's you back in the temple of gloom for another proclamation of program damnation.

Pumpers aren't the only people who don't want to read misery in every post that can be possibly twisted to a gloomy end. ...but I'm sure in this 'gotta be a pumper or a realist' false dichotomy, that's how this will be framed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator