So what are you going to do at Noon Sat?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind that people have a different perspective. But for the love of God, stay on topic and don't say the same exact thing in every post.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Also putting everything back in it's regular place and restoring to normal condistions.. So much prep, but you have to prepare for a strong storm, even if you get lucky and it downgrades.
I sometimes over do things a little but after having the eye of Charlie pass over my house 13 years ago I'll never forget what it was like to be without power for over a week and I was one of the lucky ones in my neighborhood because other than my privacy fence I had no damage....I was pretty impressed with my mini dams though. We didn't get any water on our front patio and that usually happens even during heavy spring and summer storms that blow from the east...I also realize how much of an adrenaline rush I must have been on Thursday afternoon when I looked at how many blocks I had to carry up the driveway myself, they're about 40-50# each.....I don't think I'm going to be able to carry them all down nearly as quick as I brought them up though.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Thanks for the respectful reply. I won't continue on after this post, but I will reply for the sake of this little community and the rush to join one of the two rival gangs - 'pumpers' and 'realists.' I didn't bring up Foley or any football coach. In fact this thread is about what people would be doing right now. Instead of saying what you'd be doing, you created a negative narative (LSU opening massive running lanes against our D-Line) to complain about. Well, you complained about that fictional situation and its results. Then, you finish it off by 'consoling yourself' that you would get to 'wait until Nov 5th to watch ARK open massive running lanes against our D-line" - another prophecy of gloom.

So, instead of answering the questions, you twisted the question to gripe about the program over two gloomy predictions that may not even happen. One might not even have a chance to happen. ...and if they do happen, I'm sure you'll make sure the board doesn't miss them either. I ask you about it and after sorta admitting to it and citing one example where you were positive (thank you!), your forth sentence get's you back in the temple of gloom for another proclamation of program damnation.

Pumpers aren't the only people who don't want to read misery in every post that can be possibly twisted to a gloomy end. ...but I'm sure in this 'gotta be a pumper or a realist' false dichotomy, that's how this will be framed.
I kinda agree with what you're saying about staying on topic but as far as I'm concerned I really like when posters add their own narrative .....Hell that's what make this place so entertaining to me and one of the reasons I read almost every football related thread on here. I tune out what I don't like and absorb whatever I want.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I sometimes over do things a little but after having the eye of Charlie pass over my house 13 years ago I'll never forget what it was like to be without power for over a week and I was one of the lucky ones in my neighborhood because other than my privacy fence I had no damage....I was pretty impressed with my mini dams though. We didn't get any water on our front patio and that usually happens even during heavy spring and summer storms that blow from the east...I also realize how much of an adrenaline rush I must have been on Thursday afternoon when I looked at how many blocks I had to carry up the driveway myself, they're about 40-50# each.....I don't think I'm going to be able to carry them all down nearly as quick as I brought them up though.....
Lol. I know what you mean about the adrenaline rush. Similar thing happened to me. I normally can't do all the things I did within the time period I did them. Once you understand the power of these storms and the associated events, you want to err on the side of caution.

When I was a kid, we lived on a barrier island ( before it was a status thing), and even then I didn't understand people staying during the few hurricanes we had, given the fact the road would wash out in places just from a heavy windy regular storm at high tide, and you had to depend on a causeway to get to the mainland. Not to mention, in places it was only about 2 and half blocks wide.

Sounds like you have learned a lot of ways to protect your property. I was unaware of some of these.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Lament our past coaching prowess and then remember our coaching history. I'd plant a buckeye with a pound of my **** and call if a Meyer. quitter.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What do you do when the your tarp is 10' but you've got 13' of damage?

a6a55048b5d27ccee3125501ebc35b43.jpg

I added "amateur roofer" to my resume after '04. I've worked on several. This was the steepest pitch I've ever worked on. I'm not scared of anything but I was scared up there today.

That was the biggest hole. Had 3 other damaged areas.

Alex.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Probably helping my folks dig out - limb blew a hole in their roof, and then the rain soaked the ceiling and it collapsed in the laundry room. They also had something break out the window of the car...that will be a mess. Power is still off, and dad in his 80s will still climb up on the roof if I'm not there (probably still will if I AM there..grumpy old bastid).

They are in Daytona mainland side...I don't know what to think about what beachside is going to look like.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I couldn't keep him off the roof, but I went up with him and we cleared off all the debris. 3 sizable holes and enough other damage that he'll need a new roof. Other than a huge mess and no power, they dodged a bullet.

I drove beachside to check on some friends - not nearly as bad as I expected. Hope everyone else fared as well as my folks and hometown seems to. Drove back to Nashville last night.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Chopping up downed tree limbs today and tossing in the truck. I'm in the Tampa area so we only got constant strong winds and the damage that comes with that - lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator