Someone other than Harris needs to start next week - PERIOD

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Mac's comment about him being our QB does have me worried about next year, I now fully expect Harris to start the first 7 games of the year until Grier gets back which is going to be so painful if something about the offense doesn't change. Treon just needs to get leg extensions in the offseason or something to help him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Franks enrolls early open up the competition. I have no problem starting a true freshman over starting Treon.
Del Rio is not a true freshman. Frank's doesnt look close to being ready IMO.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't blame Harris the same way I didn't blame Driskel, he's not calling his number on every down. I have problems with the offense being the exact same under Harris that it was under Grier when it's perfectly clear that he doesn't run it close to as well. Coaches have to be able to tweak their styles to the players that they have and they haven't done that. The plays are there to be made but Harris isn't making them so something needs to change. Harris isn't adding anything to the passing game to make him worth running out there play after play. If he were adding something in the passing game to offset what we wouldn't have without him then I would understand but that's not the case.

This really feels like the lost season, some of the weakest competition that we've seen for awhile and if we just had a decent QB and kicker then we would really be in the playoff running.

This tweet does piss me off though:

Nick de la Torre ‏@NickdelaTorreGC 6m6 minutes ago
McElwain says there was no thought n replacing Treon Harris: "He's our quarterback." #Gators

Why would you not even think about a change just to see what could happen instead of running Treon out there to get destroyed? I know people are saying that he's our best option but I really feel like a backup could luck into a score before Treon leads us to one. And who knows, maybe that's enough to spark this offense.

What offense are they going to run? He can't hit swing passes, quick outs, RB flares, posts or steaks? Players were WIDE OPEN all night.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
If we had one, Im sure we would. We have guys that got no better offer than to come play for Chimp. We had ither guys but Chimp ran them off. One is throwing for 3000 yards at another Power Conference school.

This is solely on Fooley for allowing this to continue a year and half too long.

Have we not played against 3* QBs this year that have out played Treon. Hell, give a try, what do we have to lose?
Maybe we won't get 6 blocked passes a game.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I pray we get Franks in here to early enroll. Skinny and young as he is he'll have a great chance to be the starting QB next fall. I already know it can't get any worse than this.

I pray we flip this kid and he is an early enrollee, too. But tossing a true freshman into the SEC fire - especially one that might be physically underdeveloped at this stage - might not be a smart move.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be excited as heck about franks but i would imagine del rio would be a better option. Now that haskins kid could really compete for the starting job. Something tells me all the recruits were a turned off by this performance.

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
What offense are they going to run? He can't hit swing passes, quick outs, RB flares, posts or steaks? Players were WIDE OPEN all night.
They are WIDE OPEN but they might as well not be because they never get the ball. This is exactly the reason that some kind of change could help this team but if Mac is as hell bent on continuing to put Harris out there as it seems then focus much more on his running. I guess it's possible that there is NOTHING to be done at this point but I like to think there is something that could help.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They are WIDE OPEN but they might as well not be because they never get the ball. This is exactly the reason that some kind of change could help this team but if Mac is as hell bent on continuing to put Harris out there as it seems then focus much more on his running. I guess it's possible that there is NOTHING to be done at this point but I like to think there is something that could help.

There is. Put somebody else in. TBH, I'm flabbergasted that Hardin and Harris have continued to be in the starting lineup.

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I pray we flip this kid and he is an early enrollee, too. But tossing a true freshman into the SEC fire - especially one that might be physically underdeveloped at this stage - might not be a smart move.
The recruiting sites show Franks as 6'6 220lbs so although he might be physically underdeveloped for his size, Treon can't hold his jock when it comes to size.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Treon is the best we've got, we're ****ed.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Guy is 6'5". Tell him to throw it away if nothing is open. At least the ball won't be tipped.

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
At this point it feels like Harris is FSU's secret agent screwing our program when he "flipped" and we just got out of UGA's secret agent Chump.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to believe we have other students on the roster listed as quarterbacks who can't do as well as that. I mean if you can't throw the ball better than that how could you possibly call yourself a qb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has the O and Treon effectively neutered our D for the balance of the season? I mean, it's obvious now, scoring can't be depended upon from the O. That's the next wrinkle I hope not to witness again.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Kelvin Taylor wildcat QB....we might have a chance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member