SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n120056 said:
So this is what the UF program has lowered itself to, even considering a coach with a 22-16 record as a HC in the Mountain West Conference? God help us.

22-16 doesn't tell the whole story. To be fair...what was his record for 3 consecutive seasons? 4-8, 8-4, 10-2, If I'm not mistaken. That's pretty damn good actually.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like what he did at BAMA offensively. 2008-11 and 2 NC's. Had some good offensive players. If he can translate that at UF.....things could get better.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n120065 said:
22-16 doesn't tell the whole story. To be fair...what was his record for 3 consecutive seasons? 4-8, 8-4, 10-2, If I'm not mistaken. That's pretty damn good actually.

How many conference titles? His team **** the bed against Air Force the other day and missed the conference title game. Impressive indeed.:headslap:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n120056 said:
So this is what the UF program has lowered itself to, even considering a coach with a 22-16 record as a HC in the Mountain West Conference? God help us.
I can't say that I ever thought "boy I want that offense" at any time I watched Bama or CSU.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n120089 said:
I can't say that I ever thought "boy I want that offense" at any time I watched Bama or CSU.
Me neither this sucks on so many levels. You guys can post all the stats you want I seen his offenses at bama I'm not even a little bit excited

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120105 said:
Me neither this sucks on so many levels. You guys can post all the stats you want I seen his offenses at bama I'm not even a little bit excited

This guy is not a top choice for me by any means. I think we should be able to do better. But his offenses put up some pretty good numbers against the Gators...just saying...

Could be worse choices out there and base on a record of steady improvement for 3 years in a row instead of the steady decline we've seen...he could turn out to be a diamond in the rough.

Probably a plan B guy that could turn out to be a good one.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What I can say about his offense while at BAMA was that it dominated. Maybe not flashy, over the top fireworks, but they flat out beat you and won games. And other than an occasional go for it on 4th down or some gameplanning Saban probably was not as hands on or controlled him while there. So he probably was treated like Kirby Smart and run with it and Saban would tell him when he's f'n up. You can see he does that with Kiffy as well. I like both candidates and would love to upgrade from WM with either but he's legit IMO.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gatoravatara;n120291 said:
See this is the sht that I hate. Just offer him 5 and get it over with. If we loose Freeze over 700K is anybody going to be happy?

Relax. It's never one number. There are other guarantees built-in to any contract. Seriously, $5Million? Why should he be tied for 2nd highest paid SEC coach? Let him earn it by winning championships.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n120296 said:
So did Ox's "sources" lie to us?

Are you serious or are you just picking on Ox? It stated he was the top target and "hopefully" not going to refuse, but where did it say that Freeze was guaranteed? I think this was the statement:
I got info recently from a source that I actually find more trustworthy than any of the others. I'm told Hugh Freeze is the top target of the coaching search and UF is preparing an offer that he hopefully cannot refuse. Trust me when I tell you this info is solid.

Discuss.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n120044 said:
- Freeze had a 20 - 5 record at Lambuth University.

- In his only season at Arky State he went 10 -2, won the Sunbelt conference and led the conference in total offense.

- He has turned around an inept Ole Miss program beating currently ranked #1 Alabama and formerly #1 ranked and hated in state rival Mississippi state.

His overall body of work is very, very impressive.

So because he beat Alabama once that says all we need to know about his whole body of work at the FBS level. You know Levitt had USF #2 in the nation about a 8 years ago. Does that one game period in his time there say everything we need to know about his time at FBS level? This is a bad argument.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n120310 said:
Are you serious or are you just picking on Ox? It stated he was the top target and "hopefully" not going to refuse, but where did it say that Freeze was guaranteed? I think this was the statement:

So is that a yes or no?

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gatoravatara;n120306 said:
Under normal circumstances I believe with you. But getting a guy with his potential vs the alternative means we are not exactly in the bargaining position. If Strong, Sumlin, Franklin, etc were all available, it would be a different story. If we lose him over $700K because of our ego of not wanting to pay top dollar, or even overpay slightly, we will regret it for the next decade, and lose far more in revenue. What is $700K between friends? Its just not that much.

Well, we don't know the real numbers anyway and it is highly doubtful we'll have any inside information until after a contract is signed and made public. So my recommendation to relax stands. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator