Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n119961 said:
Dude calm down, the season literally ended yesterday. We should atleast give muschamp enough time to clean out his office

:lies: The new coach should have been announced as the team was walking off Ron Zook Field Saturday night. It has now taking too long. :eek:hnoes2: now we are going to have another Zook hire. Fans are :boom:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
MatthewM.;n119967 said:
Pat Forde says McElwain is the top target. Some dude TOLD A GUY named Oxrageous the top target is Hugh Freeze. Let's see who if either is right

FIFY

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll throw something else out that I didn't mention before, that came from the same Freeze source during the same conversation. It was specifically mentioned that they felt McElwain's buyout was too high. Take that for whatever it's worth.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some body contacted the administrator of the biggest gator message board outthere and tried to get freeze a raise.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n119983 said:
I'll throw something else out that I didn't mention before, that came from the same Freeze source. It was specifically mentioned that they felt McElwain's buyout was too high. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Or, it could be:

Plan A - Stoops
Plan B - Freeze
Plan C - McElwain

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Original DC;n119993 said:
But why on earth would Colorado State wave the buyout?

tumblr_lmu894rxom1qbar4bo1_500.gif

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n119995 said:
Why the hell would a buyout be waived? What's in it for them to do that?

No idea. Seems like a contradictory thing. Unless there is some weird structuring to the contract.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see us doing a home and home with csu too avoid a buyout

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n119983 said:
I'll throw something else out that I didn't mention before, that came from the same Freeze source during the same conversation. It was specifically mentioned that they felt McElwain's buyout was too high. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Dooley specifically listed that fact also when he said he wouldn't be the next coach along with the other names.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Still don't understand why Colorado State would have a $7.5 million buyout on their football coach? Seems out of line with the status of the program.

Also, in the same article that claims McElwain is the front runner they go into detail as to why he wouldn't be a good fit....he loves it out West, his staff wouldn't be a good cultural fit at Florida, etc. Is he is...or is he aint'?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n119793 said:
Don't get frustrated by me. I'm just debating the merits of a coach. My standards are not the same ones used by Foley and whomever else is involved in the decision making process.

- Freeze had a 20 - 5 record at Lambuth University.

- In his only season at Arky State he went 10 -2, won the Sunbelt conference and led the conference in total offense.

- He has turned around an inept Ole Miss program beating currently ranked #1 Alabama and formerly #1 ranked and hated in state rival Mississippi state.

His overall body of work is very, very impressive.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, Lambuth went belly up and the U of Memphis had to bail it out.

I'd take Freeze in a heartbeat over McElwain.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McElwain is NOT the top candidate but he's a good candidate. My feeling is, if we end up with McElwain, at least two others said no, probably Stoops and Freeze, and this is the feeling I'm getting reading other sites as well.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So this is what the UF program has lowered itself to, even considering a coach with a 22-16 record as a HC in the Mountain West Conference? God help us.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking the same thing too. Alot of smoke to this fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.