SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
oxrageous;n120449 said:
I'm really confident that Freeze has been or will be offered. I still think he'll take it, yes. But nobody knows for sure.

Josh McDaniels? Even if he was good here he'd be gone in a flash for the NFL. Total short-term solution.

I dont disagree with you on the short term solution ... but in this day and age, long term solutions are a rarity IMO. Short term might be the way to go right now.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
oxrageous;n120449 said:
I'm really confident that Freeze has been or will be offered. I still think he'll take it, yes. But nobody knows for sure.

Josh McDaniels? Even if he was good here he'd be gone in a flash for the NFL. Total short-term solution.

Maybe. Maybe not. If he were to establish a dynasty here he may decide to stick around.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n120457 said:
Brien Straw‏@BstrawRadio [url]https://twitter.com/BstrawRadio/status/53943277457940480047m47 minutes ago[/URL] 2 sources in Oxford have confirmed Ole Miss HC Hugh Freeze has turned down Florida offer. (Which he WAS given!)

I wonder if that is accurate or not.

Again, Foley doesn't pick up the phone and throw out some dollar figure, he flies or drives and meets face to face. It could be that Freeze turned down the meeting, but I doubt he's turned down an official offer.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Brien Straw‏@BstrawRadio 47m47 minutes ago 2 sources in Oxford have confirmed Ole Miss HC Hugh Freeze has turned down Florida offer. (Which he WAS given!)

Interesting, if true. I can't say that I'm shocked. He just strikes me as a guy that is content with what he has in Oxford.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Brien Straw‏@BstrawRadio 47m47 minutes ago 2 sources in Oxford have confirmed Ole Miss HC Hugh Freeze has turned down Florida offer. (Which he WAS given!)

Impossible. Foley says no offers have been made. :rolleyes:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n120468 said:
Impossible. Foley says no offers have been made. :rolleyes:

He also said that no ones been contacted.....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n120466 said:
Again, Foley doesn't pick up the phone and throw out some dollar figure, he flies or drives and meets face to face. It could be that Freeze turned down the meeting, but I doubt he's turned down an official offer.

I have no doubt he was basically offered. Foley always does it where he will claim the eventual pick was the only one officially offered.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
“We will have no comment on the recent multiple reports other than to say that we have made no job offers to anyone and reports claiming that are false,” the school said in a statement.
In legal speak, this means that he didn't offer any "official" contract for negotiation which would be a job offer. It doesn't mean that interest hasn't been gauged either through agents or directly with the coach - including possibly discussing what terms would excite the potential candidate.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That doesn't sound good but we have heard that said before on other coaching searches and the coach ended up coming to the school. I guess there is a small chance he could still be persuaded.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n120449 said:

I wouldn't want McDaniels for any solution anyhow. I wouldn't be against a short term guy type of guy, hired gun if you will, but it would be someone with a crap ton of credentials.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n120474 said:
I have no doubt he was basically offered. Foley always does it where he will claim the eventual pick was the only one officially offered.

Which is smart, he avoids the Tennessee syndrome where 6 or 7 guys publicly turn you down and the job and brand becomes severely devalued.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n120466 said:

DC, he called Muschamp, remember Champ reciting the story when he was hired. Will thought it was a friend playing a prank. Unfortunately for us it wasn't !!!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n120482 said:
I wouldn't want McDaniels for any solution anyhow. I wouldn't be against a short term guy type of guy, hired gun if you will, but it would be someone with a crap ton of credentials.

The thing that intrigues me most about McDaniels is recruiting. The guy has Tom Brady and Bill Belichick on speed-dial, I think he'd have kids salivating at the idea of playing for him with his big-time NFL connections.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120494 said:
Brien Straw @BstrawRadio · 1h1 hour ago

2 sources in Oxford have confirmed Ole Miss HC Hugh Freeze has turned down Florida offer. (Which he WAS given!)

Take it for what it's worth. I don't know if it has any value but oh well.
Already been posted 7 times, thanks.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n120492 said:
DC, he called Muschamp, remember Champ reciting the story when he was hired. Will thought it was a friend playing a prank. Unfortunately for us it wasn't !!!

Yes, to gauge interest and set up a meeting. Foley didn't say over the phone, "hey will, I'm offering 3 million for the job, are you interested?" He said "we like you, can we meet to discuss the possibilities?" And the official offer came later.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
oxrageous;n120496 said:
Already been posted 7 times, thanks.

Dude I didn't see that, too many pages and not enough time to look through everyone while at work.

I don't care if you own this site or not, still don't have to be an ass to someone who is just trying to add to the topic at hand.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120494 said:
https://twitter.com/BstrawRadio"]
a74ac06318d80e7ea1a649bea9a2a1e5_normal.png
Brien Straw @BstrawRadio[/URL] · https://twitter.com/BstrawRadio/status/539432774579404800"]1h1 hour ago[/URL]

2 sources in Oxford have confirmed Ole Miss HC Hugh Freeze has turned down Florida offer. (Which he WAS given!)

Take it for what it's worth. I don't know if it has any value but oh well.

I fear its true. The longer he mulled it over the more likely he stayed put.

I guess we're getting pretty far down the list and shopping at Big Lots again.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How often does a school like UF get turned down by the ole miss coach....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n120502 said:
Dude I didn't see that, too many pages and not enough time to look through everyone while at work.

I don't care if you own this site or not, still don't have to be an ass to someone who is just trying to add to the topic at hand.
I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.