SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
Freeze and McElwain are both represented by an agent who likes to leak things like this to drum up more money for his clients. We hear that both are at the top of the list. This isn't hard to figure out.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n120585 said:
I have no idea who Ox's source and I trust that Ox's source told Ox everything you know. I believe Ox released this info well before anyone else did as well. I am not bringing any negativity towards Ox as he is just provided information that he was told to the masses. A lot of opinions have been formed on that information that seemed to have gotten confused with what information he has provided. He has also provided his own opinions on the way ahead and people have consistently thought that to be information even though he has repeatedly corrected them and reminded them that his opinions are separate from his leads.

I am just providing my own opinion along with why I believe my own opinion to be the reality. Understand?

Fair enough but I am curious how many people are crazy enough to believe we didn't "unofficially" make offers to Stoops and Freeze if we end up getting a Holliday or McElwain type college coach (Not one of the real top names) or an NFL OC to be our next coach. Are there people that will really believe that because Foley will say his typical stuff about the hire when it is made.

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
Gator Fever;n120589 said:
Fair enough but I am curious how many people are crazy enough to believe we didn't "unofficially" make offers to Stoops and Freeze if we end up getting a Holliday or McElwain type college coach (Not one of the real top names) or an NFL OC to be our next coach. Are there people that will really believe that because Foley will say his typical stuff about the hire when it is made.

There are a lot of things about Foley that I do not like ... but one thing I do like and is well known ... that when he says something publicly you can bank on it. That is probably the most trustworthy thing out there right now, IMO.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n120591 said:
There are a lot of things about Foley that I do not like ... but one thing I do like and is well known ... that when he says something publicly you can bank on it. That is probably the most trustworthy thing out there right now, IMO.

But everyone knows there are "offers" and then there is the actual offer. Like someone said before at least Foley isn't as dumb as Tenn's AD was.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n120591 said:

If you can provide something where Foley has denied talking to agents or coaches that would be helpful. A statement from the school that states they won't comment on speculation but "no job offer" has been made doesn't state conversations hasn't happened. He also said he wouldn't contact any coaches while the season was ongoing - I think he did that, but I also believe he would contact an agent to gauge interest. To think Foley has waited until today (or even yesterday) to begin his search and have dialogue is probably a huge stretch.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n120576 said:
Freeze's Ole Miss contract has been in the process of being reworked for a couple months now. Freeze's agent is just making noise to get his client what he deserves. If anyone of you know Foley, then you would know that when he says he isn't going to contact anyone until the season is over then that is what he means. Foley will go on the lamb and be very secretive ... but Foley is also a very respected AD in the SEC for good reason. I think I believe Foley when he said he wasn't going to contact anyone until the season over and also recognize that J Sexton has always operated like this. You guys believe what you want.

So, what Im hearing you say is its definitely the Gruden's, right?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but since the agent represents both.... which one is it?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n120644 said:
Yeah, but since the agent represents both.... which one is it?

No way to tell. Probably just means one or both are in play. Which is pretty much confirming what we already knew.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@SEC_Chad: Sources out of Oxford are saying an anncmnt cld come as soon as tomorrow on Freeze's extension. 4M & 500k for asst's are the projected #'s.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@1010XLAG: "Hugh Freeze has not been offered a contract at Florida. Jeremy Foley has never even met Hugh Freeze," @pat_dooley on @1010XL. #Gators

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@1010XLAG: "I think Florida wants to get it done this week," @pat_dooley with @1010XL on the timetable for naming the next @GatorZoneFB coach. #Gators

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at it now the stops were quite a bit of time and someone says we go near there for medical appts so it probably wasn't for coach searching.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@imbillmcneal: .@pat_dooley on @1010XL said the bad info he put out there on McElwain was that his buyout was an issue. Found out that wasn't true. #Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator