SOURCE: Travaris Robinson offered Co-DC job, will handle secondary

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If the Legion of Doom was not already taken it would sound great to me. I hope it works out and I hope that we will be keeping our DL coach as well.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
What a dumb idea. It's the same as when you have two quarterbacks, if you do, you don't have one. Someone has to be in charge. Now if it's just semantics, like the way Foley made it seem like McElwain was actually paying two million dollars of his buyout, fine. But the idea of co-coordinators is ludicrous.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;133655 said:
What a dumb idea. It's the same as when you have two quarterbacks, if you do, you don't have one. Someone has to be in charge. Now if it's just semantics, like the way Foley made it seem like McElwain was actually paying two million dollars of his buyout, fine. But the idea of co-coordinators is ludicrous.

Welcome back!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n133654 said:
If the Legion of Doom was not already taken it would sound great to me. I hope it works out and I hope that we will be keeping our DL coach as well.

In Zach s latest article it says Robinson is the only coach on the defensive side being retained

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n133655 said:

Gonna have to agree here. I mean, if we look at past precedent like the 2006 UF team with co-defensive coordinators Charlie Strong and Greg Mattison, that defense was TERRIBLE.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
This seems like an incredible amount of handwringing over a position coach, great recruiter or not.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n133740 said:
This seems like an incredible amount of handwringing over a position coach, great recruiter or not.
Sure is. I think everyone is just anxious to get the staff in place.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
With all the T-Rob knob slobbing going on around here, he better pull in some top notch recruits, on both sides of the ball, if he's retained.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;133732 said:
trollness is strong with some of these posters...

The-troll-is.jpg

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n133679 said:
Gonna have to agree here. I mean, if we look at past precedent like the 2006 UF team with co-defensive coordinators Charlie Strong and Greg Mattison, that defense was TERRIBLE.

Exactly. Even all of Muschamp's defenses basically had two coordinators. Him and Dan Quinn, then him and Durkin.

It's not at all comparable to having two QB's. At all. Drawing up plays and executing plays are totally different.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@DK_Thompson: According to my buddy @StevoLumpkins, coach McElwain and T-Rob were spotted at Five Bar in Gainesville together tonight.”

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n133977 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@DK_Thompson: According to my buddy @StevoLumpkins, coach McElwain and T-Rob were spotted at Five Bar in Gainesville together tonight.”

Recruiting is hard work.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That guy at gatorchatter is always wrong so this is a BS rumor

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads