SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107611 said:
Schiano received most of the major 2006 national Coach of the Year awards after orchestrating what was considered by many to be one of the great turn-around stories in college football history, transforming the hapless Scarlet Knights into a winning football program.

2006 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year
2006 Walter Camp Coach of the Year
2006 Home Depot Coach of the Year
2006 Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
2006 Big East Coach of the Year.

Why would we take a serious reach on a one-hit wonder? I'd take Chizik before Schiano, at least his one hit resulted in a championship at an SEC school.... but no, I don't want Chizik either.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107615 said:
Please stop. Schiano isn't even on the radar, whether or not you think he should be.
He does seem to fit your "insider information." NFL experience, Florida ties, available immediately. Why do you think he isn't on the radar? Personal opinion or you have a list?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107582 said:
Schiano! available now. Throw out the Bucs/NFL episode. the guy worked miracles at Rutgers.. You have to know how pathetic Rutgers athletics were before him to appreciate the job he did. South Florida ties would be a recruiting boost as well. this is an under the radar home run.

The guy is a total d bag. He NEVER EVER won the Big Least. He's a defensive conservative douchebag of the highest order. No way on that guy. We'd be stuck at 8-4 or worse. Don't let him near Fooley.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some interesting ideas being floated. Quinn did a great job here, but something tells me he's an "out there" candidate for various reasons, including the lack of head coaching experience. Rodriguez might be an underrated choice because, No. 1, he's done a great job at Arizona on the comeback trail and, No. 2, his recruiting forte is an excellent match for the state of Florida. Schiano? Please.

Petrino, to me, is the most intriguing one of the bunch. The guy can flat out coach offense and his hiring would electrify Gator Nation, if not certain fathers out there for the opposite reason. Maybe Foley could put together an incentive laden contract that could reign in the guy.

Keep it coming, guys. This is entertaining.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Petrino's buyout is $10 mill...while the UAA is flush with cash. I don't think they are sinking that kinda money into Bobby.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We need three things: Offense, Offense, Offense

I really believe Foley knows that. We could get a defensive
HC who isn't as good as WM and still not have a decent
offense.

Offense is priority.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n107658 said:
Petrino's buyout is $10 mill...while the UAA is flush with cash. I don't think they are sinking that kinda money into Bobby.

Wasn't aware of that. Not a good match with $6 million owed Muschamp.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone mentioned Whittingham earlier. He's had some solid teams at Utah. Maybe we go to the well a second time.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n107641 said:
Why would we take a serious reach on a one-hit wonder? I'd take Chizik before Schiano, at least his one hit resulted in a championship at an SEC school.... but no, I don't want Chizik either.

Holy crap! I hadn't even thought about Chizik. You don't think Foley would seriously consider him do you?

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n107659 said:
We need three things: Offense, Offense, Offense

I really believe Foley knows that. We could get a defensive
HC who isn't as good as WM and still not have a decent
offense.

Offense is priority.

So you're good with Mike Leach?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107642 said:
He does seem to fit your "insider information." NFL experience, Florida ties, available immediately. Why do you think he isn't on the radar? Personal opinion or you have a list?
Foley wants someone with SEC experience. Schiano ain't got it. He'll be a janitor in five years. His football career is over.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107674 said:
Foley wants someone with SEC experience. Schiano ain't got it. He'll be a janitor in five years. His football career is over.
opinion.jpg

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The thing that makes this so hard is Foley picked Muschamp out of left field four years ago. What's to say that it won't happen again? Who knows?

ockgator

Sep 17, 2014
With all the noise I've heard about Kerwin Bell the last year or so here surprised his name hasn't been floated yet

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107674 said:
You, by the way, are seriously deluded if you think he's not coaching somewhere next year. Message board nuts may not appreciate his talent but there are plenty of ADs who do. He will coach somewhere next year. Mark it down and pay me later.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n107686 said:
You, by the way, are seriously deluded if you think he's not coaching somewhere next year. Message board nuts may not appreciate his talent but there are plenty of ADs who do. He will coach somewhere next year. Mark it down and pay me later.

Got a man crush on Schiano, huh?

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n107688 said:
Who cares as long as its not here.
Relax Junior. Just keeping Ox's ego in check. He's gone all Watergate/Deep Throat (😮) on us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think McElwain fits the criteria as well or better than anyone not named Strong or Franklin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator