SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angaza

Aug 11, 2014
Didn't think Stoops was that fond of the SEC based on his comments this past summer.

Is James Franklin in play? It's only been a year at Penn State but can't hurt to try.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Bullag8r;n107499 said:
What about Cam Cameron ~ NFL, SEC, available very soon? Just a question.

Was horrible as a head coach with the Dolphins. Personality does not seem to make him a recruiting dynamo. Taking Ted Ginn with the 9th overall pick makes me question him as a talent evaluator. 127 yards yesterday against Arkansas doesn't wow me.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Coach9;n107504 said:
Was horrible as a head coach with the Dolphins. Personality does not seem to make him a recruiting dynamo. Taking Ted Ginn with the 9th overall pick makes me question him as a talent evaluator. 127 yards yesterday against Arkansas doesn't wow me.

you're right ~ 1-15 as a head coach

Angaza

Aug 11, 2014
TheBigClaw;n107498 said:
More like happy and thinks the fanbase and university deserves more than 6 wins a year and being wrapped in mediocrity.
Then he sucks...doesn't mean he's scum.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
What is with everyone's obsession with James Franklin? His PSU team is trash and before someone mentions the scholarship reductions...Bill O' Brian had this team winning and being competitive every week. Plus Franklin took the Big 10 Freshman of the year QB and has made him look awful..

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As I recall, I was told back when Zook was let go that Petrino was the guy, coming in from Louisville. Obviously that was wrong, but my guy was clearly told Petrino was in the mix -- may have been leaked by Bobby's agent to get more cash, who knows, but he was in that conversation then.

I don't pretend to know who would be good here except to say that, after two failed hire being assistants with no head coaching experience, I think it's important to hire someone who knows how to fully run a program, top to bottom, so that there's no learning on the job here. We're not Samford or Bowling Green here, there's no need to hire someone who hasn't proven they can be head coach.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107457 said:
The source said he wants someone as soon as possible. Doesn't sound like he wants to wait that long.
I wish he was in this much of a hurry to fire Muschamp, he could have saved a lot of us tons of aggravation.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He should've been fired after the Mizzou debacle this year imo but at least we got what we wanted and what was really best for both parties even if it was overdue..

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
chferg;107508 said:
What is with everyone's obsession with James Franklin? His PSU team is trash and before someone mentions the scholarship reductions...Bill O' Brian had this team winning and being competitive every week. Plus Franklin took the Big 10 Freshman of the year QB and has made him look awful..
No clue. Can't stand this guy and hope he is not under consideration

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator87;n107510 said:
I wish he was in this much of a hurry to fire Muschamp, he could have saved a lot of us tons of aggravation.

You should start another thread complaining about that and all the other things you can't move past.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
In case Alvie is lurking and can't respond. Peyton seemed to struggle today after a couple of his elite weapons left the game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n107528 said:
In case Alvie is lurking and can't respond. Peyton seemed to struggle today after a couple of his elite weapons left the game.

Alvie was sent packing for a little vacation. Sure has been nice.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be ecstatic with either Stoops or Petrino. Stoops would be my first choice.

T

Thread Killer

Founding Member
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n107438 said:
If Gundy was hired he'd just need to hire a good D coordinator. Problem solved
Can't assume that. By the same logic, Muschamp's problem would have been solved by a good o-coordinator. Head coaches own the performance on both sides of the ball.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n107500 said:
Great, the Muschamp excuse.

I laughed...crazy. Gundy has had some high flying teams though. I would not mind that hire. Good luck getting him from Boone though.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin may be worried that we'll steal Butch Jones from his Vols. :giggle:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thread Killer;n107539 said:
Can't assume that. By the same logic, Muschamp's problem would have been solved by a good o-coordinator. Head coaches own the performance on both sides of the ball.
But Gundy on the other hand has a track record of winning and being a decent coach, can't really argue that for champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.