Not open for further replies.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n109030 said:
I've got a Gator windbreaker in my closet that came out of Shanahan's garage in Denver around 1998. In was in a pile he was getting ready to throw out. I lived in Denver from 1996 to 2001 and my bosses wife was the Shanahan's housekeeper. She grabbed it because she knew I was a Gator fan. It goes to show he still has Gator gear.

In fact, I'd say that story is proof he's going to be our next coach.

Yeah, but since he was throwing it out, what does that mean?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hearing lots of rumors of Gundy. I wouldn't be thrilled too see him be here, but he would probably coach the offense back up. He's leading the betting lines currently at vegas

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n109032 said:
Watching this speculation is comic gold!

th

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n109009 said:
Shanahan or Gruden.

FWIW, one of the UF planes flew roundtrip from GNV to Dulles early this morning and back late this afternoon. We know Foley and Bernie weren't on it.

Isaiah Prince OT Greenbelt, MD. It's about 45 miles away

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n109030 said:
I've got a Gator windbreaker in my closet that came out of Shanahan's garage in Denver around 1998. In was in a pile he was getting ready to throw out. I lived in Denver from 1996 to 2001 and my bosses wife was the Shanahan's housekeeper. She grabbed it because she knew I was a Gator fan. It goes to show he still has Gator gear.

In fact, I'd say that story is proof he's going to be our next coach.

now I know why you're a shanahan nutswinger, you've been sifting through his garbage

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n109102 said:
Isaiah Prince OT Greenbelt, MD. It's about 45 miles away

Nice find. Good to see us continue to try and recruit while everything is in flux.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
Jay Gruden. After the season he has had with RGIII he will be looking for a new job and Monday's in the NFL are conference call, media, and personal days for most NFL coaches.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n109028 said:
I could see Spurrier return in some type of Admin role...I could totally see that

Why? He never liked that stuff when he was here.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No one should ever judge a coach by his time working for Dan Snyder

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier isn't going to work with Foley after he didn't get backing on the whole Dockett thing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n109033 said:
Only coaches within a decent geographic footprint of Dulles would be John Harbaugh, Dana Holgerson, and Randy Edsall at Maryland.

No football recruits in the area on UF's radar either.

Someone said Shanahan still lives right near there.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n109009 said:
Shanahan or Gruden.

FWIW, one of the UF planes flew roundtrip from GNV to Dulles early this morning and back late this afternoon. We know Foley and Bernie weren't on it.

Oh....my....God!

It's Obama!

Obama-football-60707846289.jpeg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n109106 said:
Jay Gruden. After the season he has had with RGIII he will be looking for a new job and Monday's in the NFL are conference call, media, and personal days for most NFL coaches.

RGIII is a broken player. Dude won't be on the Skins next year. Shanny broke him. Gruden is showing Synder up. He was forced to play him. The team is NOT behind RGIII at all. It was all over the news today.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n109107 said:
Why? He never liked that stuff when he was here.

Because he loves the university. I'm not saying AD by any means but in a limited role...sure, why not? His input is invaluable.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n109114 said:
Have you seen his record. He has not beaten anybody good, and hasnt blown out any bad teams. Look at this year's record. Its like Muschamp type of scoring.

I said he'd get our offense back to working again, not that I want him here

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n109114 said:
Have you seen his record. He has not beaten anybody good, and hasnt blown out any bad teams. Look at this year's record. Its like Muschamp type of scoring.
Look at years prior. He blew out alot of good teams. He lost 4 offensive linemen and his stud qb. He also has the youngest team in the big 12. Look at Patterson his team went 5-7 last year he's still a good coach. Sumlin went 5-7 at Houston when keenum was injured. It's going to be a tough with the season they are having I will admit that.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
T REX;n109115 said:
RGIII is a broken player. Dude won't be on the Skins next year. Shanny broke him. Gruden is showing Synder up. He was forced to play him. The team is NOT behind RGIII at all. It was all over the news today.

Jay fits the mold. Offensive mindset. Head coach. Will be available before Christmas if this keep going they way they are and Snyder love RGIII so if one has to go it will be Jay. I work in DC two weeks out of the month and they are already talking about who will be the coach next year. Jay has ties to Florida as well so it may be a possibility.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
t-gator;n109122 said:
Look at years prior. He blew out alot of good teams. He lost 4 offensive linemen and his stud qb. He also has the youngest team in the big 12. Look at Patterson his team went 5-7 last year he's still a good coach. Sumlin went 5-7 at Houston when keenum was injured. It's going to be a tough with the season they are having I will admit that.

I am not a big Gundy fan, but your analysis is very poignant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.