SOURCES: Coaching rumors, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Crunchtime;n109123 said:
Jay fits the mold. Offensive mindset. Head coach. Will be available before Christmas if this keep going they way they are and Snyder love RGIII so if one has to go it will be Jay. I work in DC two weeks out of the month and they are already talking about who will be the coach next year. Jay has ties to Florida as well so it may be a possibility.

any SEC experience? I think that was one of the criteria

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
oxrageous;n109030 said:
I've got a Gator windbreaker in my closet that came out of Shanahan's garage in Denver around 1998. In was in a pile he was getting ready to throw out. I lived in Denver from 1996 to 2001 and my bosses wife was the Shanahan's housekeeper. She grabbed it because she knew I was a Gator fan. It goes to show he still has Gator gear.

In fact, I'd say that story is proof he's going to be our next coach.
Ox is a dumpster diver. Who would have thought?

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
They just said on MNF halftime show that Shanahan is not interested in coaching at the college level "at this time." Take that for what its worth.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n109124 said:
I am not a big Gundy fan, but your analysis is very poignant

I knew you'd come around:thumbup:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gary Pinkel won the East last year and is on the verge of winning it again. How many 5 star players does he have? He seems to do more with less.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n109137 said:
Gary Pinkel won the East last year and is on the verge of winning it again. How many 5 star players does he have? He seems to do more with less.
Pinkel is a damn good coach

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n109123 said:
Jay fits the mold. Offensive mindset. Head coach. Will be available before Christmas if this keep going they way they are and Snyder love RGIII so if one has to go it will be Jay. I work in DC two weeks out of the month and they are already talking about who will be the coach next year. Jay has ties to Florida as well so it may be a possibility.

What a mistake...at what point is it RGIII and not everyone else. Snyder is a total loser in the NFL. I hate meddling owners.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n109133 said:
I just dont know. We got both our good coaches when they were on the upswing. Spurrier was killing it at Duke and Urbs was killing it at Utah. Gundy is the best we can get? I would not be fired up at all about this hire. After Zook and Muschamp, I'd be surprised if Foley did not hire a sure thing. By the time the season is over, Gundy would have lost his last 6 games and would end up with a record almost identical to Muschamp's. I would be shocked and disappointed over a hire like this. I'd take Mullen by far over Gundy.

Gotta ask...who is this sure thing you're talking about? And Foley/Machen hired Meyer(slam dunk, no-brainer). WHta has Foley shown you that he can pick a football coach?

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Foley said he wanted someone by Christmas. Two people who haven't been discussed yet:

​

Attachments

• conv_1346.jpg
    conv_1346.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 34
  • conv_1345.jpg
    conv_1345.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 33

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n109141 said:
Foley said he wanted someone by Christmas. Two people who haven't been discussed yet:

​

For the 1st, I think he is probably too old.

The second one, He might lack that killer edge.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n109144 said:
After Foley screwed up three times, he is going to have to hire a rock star to make things right. A guy who lost his last six games and is Muschamp-like this year is just not going to fire up the fan base. Injuries or no injuries.
I agree it's a tough sell and it's not a very likely hire. Also there's not any rock stars outthere. We've names everyone under the sun and every realistic candidate is going to have a flaw.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n109113 said:
Oh....my....God!

It's Obama!

Obama-football-60707846289.jpeg

**** YOU!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n109162 said:
Man this Gundy talk is killing my post Muschamp firing buzz.

who do you think should be hired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.