Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Re Brian Kelly: he's a northeastern Catholic who has spent his entire career coaching in the Midwest and is currently HC at the most tradition-laden program in the country that happens to be the only university with its own television network. Oh, and happens to be Catholic.

Seems unlikely he'd be a candidate here, no?

Don't forget the no SEC connections thingy, too...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n110398 said:
Classic. That description of Andy crawling through 500 hundred yards of sh!t sewage kinda reminds me of the last few years of Gator football. :cry2:

Just a great movie...I think it came out at the same time as Forrest Gump and really flew under the radar at the time.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n110413 said:
Re Brian Kelly: he's a northeastern Catholic who has spent his entire career coaching in the Midwest and is currently HC at the most tradition-laden program in the country that happens to be the only university with its own television network. Oh, and happens to be Catholic.

Great points plus I don't want him...lol.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n110420 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post

Great points plus I don't want him...lol.

Well, I wouldn't light myself on fire if he were the guy, but I can think of others that would excite me a lot more.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this was a great podcast where Braden Gall, David Fox, Mitch Light and Steven Lassan debate the Florida Gators head coaching vacancy in an Athlon Sports roundtable. They really don't throw any names out that haven't been discussed here, but the breakdown is really done well.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatorbreath;n110413 said:

The only criteria Foley put forth the other day was a coach who's team's have had offensive success and someone who is the right type of man. Never brought up geography or religion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n110428 said:
The only criteria Foley put forth the other day was a coach who's team's have had offensive success and someone who is the right type of man. Never brought up geography or religion.
So....did you break into heaving sobs upon hearing about Muschamp? My sources say you did.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n110428 said:

Perhaps rereading the original post would be helpful. I never said Foley said anything about either religion or geography. I was pointing out that Brian Kelly seems to be settled in at pretty much the perfect fit for him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The way some of you guys talk coaches never go anywhere. They find their niche and they stay there for the rest of their careers. That's nonsense, of course - they move around all the freaking time. Every damn year we have big name coaches make changes. They leave for a multitude a reasons, most of them personal to them.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n110422 said:
Well, I wouldn't light myself on fire if he were the guy, but I can think of others that would excite me a lot more.

What your wifey said to her bestie the night before the wedding?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n110392 said:
Please stop it with the Gundy talk. He is Muschamp-The Sequel. Have you looked at his record? Do you really want to hire somebody who has lost their last 6 games?.

There was nothing in my post to suggest who I wanted. It was who I thought Foley would want.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n110437 said:
What your wifey said to her bestie the night before the wedding?

What'd I do to you? :dunno:

Well played.... :lol:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110435 said:
The way some of you guys talk coaches never go anywhere. They find their niche and they stay there for the rest of their careers. That's nonsense, of course - they move around all the freaking time. Every damn year we have big name coaches make changes. They leave for a multitude a reasons, most of them personal to them.

I was merely pointing out that Brian Kelly seems to be in a place that fits him is all.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Bobby Bowden is available. Or if you're looking for somebody from the Bear Bryant tree, Gene Stallings might be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.